Floating drone accessories thingy
3208 5 2018-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

First of all I would like to know a moderator's opinion about using non-DJI accesories for Spark.
Do they recommend it?

And second, here's a video you might want to watch.

Floating devices are a great idea for flying over water, but I consider this design extremly poor. I think it would be slightly better if, instead of 4 balls, the floater would be just a hollow rectangle, a little wider than the Spark. Or even better, it shold have the shape of the letter O. Something like pic related, maybe a little wider.

31csWsSs1ML._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg
2018-7-27
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

the problem is its top heavy... which is why the build ships heavy at the bottom.  so unless you go really wide... its going to be a problem...

My thought, if you want to Float if, would be someone make/3D print? design some clip on landing legs, that have screw tops for water bottles... but have the water bottles pointing out, following the angle of the spark 4 Motor arms, but extending flat like a water bottle laying on its side... this would be cheap, asy to clip on the 4 legs, and would float the spar with no tipping.

They make the clip on for the phantoms for water bottles, but they position them more down, spark is small, could use 4 regular waterobttles, sideways and no issues.

Here is the parts I am talking about.  But make the mounts /screw tops so they put the 4 water bottles on there side.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Water-F ... ;_trksid=m570.l1313

and could use one of the 3D versions of these landing gear to have then snap on each leg, with the screw caps instead of legs... then you snap on 4 parts, and screw on 4 old water bottls and good.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Landing ... hash=item2a8b69adfb

2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the information. I do not recommend using 3rd party devices or applications for your DJI Drone due to compatibility and reliability purposes. These 3rd party devices can affect the reliability of the Drone's performance and might cause damage to the Drone.
2018-7-27
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Everything has it Pros and Cons, Yes they are Risky, but what you got to Lose ? Those Balls are made for the Spark, for the Mavic there is a Different Kit not with Big Jablo Balls (The Video Below is HomeMade Kit as well, even though it works, its too risky), maybe this guy did a HomeMade DIY Kit and this was the Result, it shows that he was faking this, else he won't be Laughing So Much, he would be Yelling ! For the Mavic there is a Kit which I will post in the Next Comment. From Ebay the Spark Kit (Big Balls) just cost $15 and can save your drone.

I never saw People who complained that it effects the AeroDynamics, maybe a little weight that effects the battery but thats it, all you need to do is reinforce them a bit to avoid the Legs coming off the Drone.

I won't risk to have my Drone sink to the Bottom of the Sea. At least with these Floats, I can ask someone with a Boat to help me recover it. If you don't recover it, DJI Care will be VOID, and thats the Problem. If it turns upside down and I can still recover it, it will be OK as long as I have the Drone, so its like a 50% / 50% Chance. It can work, it maybe can't. But at least I can still send it back to DJI to issue a Replacement Drone.

This is just my Opinion, I am sure there are many who don't agree, but at least please tell me why you don't agree, I Love Discussions.

Drone with the Floats -

Drone without the Floats -

2018-7-27
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Here is the 3D Printing Floating Kit for Mavic PP I bought - (Picture 1 & 2)

BEWARE - The Cheap Chinese Version only has 1 Grip on each Side, and not 2 Grips. (Picture 3)  (The Floats are in Red for the Chinese Version) It is far cheaper but I can't understand why there is the place where to attact another Grip and they just won't give it to you ! Very Risky in my Opinion.

3D Printed Special Order - Made in UK Version

Cheap - Chinese Version

2018-7-27
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

I personally have a getterback for mine... smaller out of the way.. as if its going into the water... its mostlikly a crash not a landing.... and then its wet anywy I just want to get it back.... so pulling it up is better then nothing.

the floats are gaint.
2018-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules