Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sad to see no more Phanotom 3 Standards available
1676 38 2018-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

I was lucky enought to get a refurb Phantim 3 Standard from the DJI store as a refurb about a year ago and I paid $329. Mix that with the Argtek antenna and it becomes one first class drone. I get amazing range with it. I have added this drone to my collection and truely think it was one of their best.

Keep your eye out on the DJI store and look at the refurbs they have for sale. They got some great prices and some first class quad copters!

2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the information. For further information about the availability of DJI Drones please visit the DJI official website at www.dji.com for additional details.
2018-7-27
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Camrise (an authorized DJI dealer) is still selling new Phantom 3 Standards on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obid ... 9O?m=A1JL84PCMGC6ZI

2018-7-27
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the info. I have to tell you that the DJI price was like $170 bucks cheaper than the $499 on Amazon.  Thats what made the purchase so appealing. I realize the one on Amazon is for a new Phantom 3 to be fair.

When DJI has those refurb prices, I sometimes jump at them because the deals are that good. What that being said you have to know your prices. At the time I just bought my Mavic Pro, DJI had their 30 hour sale on the same day as Amazon Prime. The Mavic Pro refurb was about the same price as the new unit so i bought the new unit. At the time of this posting , Best Buy is now running the same deal.

I like the refurb units because they come with the full warranty. You cant go wrong.

Thanks for the input!

2018-7-27
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63537 ft

msinger Posted at 2018-7-27 09:55
Camrise (an authorized DJI dealer) is still selling new Phantom 3 Standards on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obid ... 9O?m=A1JL84PCMGC6ZI

Camrise has only 84% positive ratings in the last 12 months. I've read stories about them charging "new" prices and then fulfilling the orders with refurbished units.

For another $100 one could acquire a refurbished P3Professional.

Obviously everyone should perform due diligence when making this kind of investment.
2018-8-12
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

LarBear360 Posted at 2018-8-12 11:07
Camrise has only 84% positive ratings in the last 12 months. I've read stories about them charging "new" prices and then fulfilling the orders with refurbished units.

For another $100 one could acquire a refurbished P3Professional.

I've heard all kinds of stories on the Internet. Instead of relying on hearsay, go take a look at their reviews. I don't see people complaining about receiving refurbished units.
2018-8-12
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4

msinger Posted at 2018-8-12 11:36
I've heard all kinds of stories on the Internet. Instead of relying on hearsay, go take a look at their reviews. I don't see people complaining about receiving refurbished units.

I couldn't agree with you more. Check out the reviews because that's exactly where I got my info. Reviews. 84% positive in the past 12 months is extremely low in my opinion. That's 93 negative reviews. I've seen more than a few specifically stating they were sent refurbished drones and charged for a new one.  There is also another one where the guy purchased a camera as new and was sent a used trade-in.

Buyer beware. That's all I'm saying.

2018-8-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's sad to see that Toyota have stopped selling the 1972 model Corolla too.
They were good in their day but there's plenty better available in newer models now.
It's time to move on.
The day of the P3 Standard is long gone.
2018-8-12
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-8-12 14:14
It's sad to see that Toyota have stopped selling the 1972 model Corolla too.
They were good in their day but there's plenty better available in newer models now.
It's time to move on.

What do you mean "good in their day?"  Mine still runs like a top...
(actually mine is a '99)

2018-8-12
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Mark I agree with you. II have 4 DJI drones and they are all great. I have to say that DJI keeps up on the firmware for all of them. Thanks for the input!
2018-8-12
Use props
NM_Quad
lvl.4
United States

jazzyjeff Posted at 2018-8-12 16:07
Mark I agree with you. II have 4 DJI drones and they are all great. I have to say that DJI keeps up on the firmware for all of them. Thanks for the input!

Bought my P3S when they first came out to replace my P2V+.  Mine has been a faithful servant, flies smooth, works as advertised, and lots of nice video documenting local historical sites (mines, Indian pueblos, ghost towns, etc.).  Get 6,000 ft. distance out in the country (the New Mexico desert or mountains).  No need for the collision avoidance stuff where I normally fly.  Same firmware, no updates since I took it out of the box.  Only mods are adding an LED strobe light, ND filters, and fixed a few shell cracks.  I'm baffled by those that experience such limited ranges or loss of control other than a poor environment (or pilot error).  In short, I think most of us have found the P3S to be a tremendous "bang for the buck" and a great tool/toy.  You just don't often hear from us.  Sorry to see them go, but if or when I decide to get another, it will be another DJI for sure.  Their proven technology has set the standards.  Long live the P3S.
2018-8-13
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

NM_Quad Posted at 2018-8-13 12:57
Bought my P3S when they first came out to replace my P2V+.  Mine has been a faithful servant, flies smooth, works as advertised, and lots of nice video documenting local historical sites (mines, Indian pueblos, ghost towns, etc.).  Get 6,000 ft. distance out in the country (the New Mexico desert or mountains).  No need for the collision avoidance stuff where I normally fly.  Same firmware, no updates since I took it out of the box.  Only mods are adding an LED strobe light, ND filters, and fixed a few shell cracks.  I'm baffled by those that experience such limited ranges or loss of control other than a poor environment (or pilot error).  In short, I think most of us have found the P3S to be a tremendous "bang for the buck" and a great tool/toy.  You just don't often hear from us.  Sorry to see them go, but if or when I decide to get another, it will be another DJI for sure.  Their proven technology has set the standards.  Long live the P3S.

Great Posting. Am curious on the LED strobe you use. Always wanted to mount those but never quite found the most cost effective, low weight and practical.
Also on the cracks, I have read about those but thankfully have not experienced them on both my P3P and P3S. Could you advise what you did to remedy the issue?
Once again, great post!
I would buy another P3S in a second. What a reliable and really great bird!  
2018-8-13
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4

jazzyjeff Posted at 2018-8-13 13:05
Great Posting. Am curious on the LED strobe you use. Always wanted to mount those but never quite found the most cost effective, low weight and practical.
Also on the cracks, I have read about those but thankfully have not experienced them on both my P3P and P3S. Could you advise what you did to remedy the issue?
Once again, great post!

I added strobes as well. Available on Amazon and here: https://www.phantomhelp.com/store/strobon-cree-led-strobe-light/.

2018-8-14
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

NM_Quad Posted at 2018-8-13 12:57
Bought my P3S when they first came out to replace my P2V+.  Mine has been a faithful servant, flies smooth, works as advertised, and lots of nice video documenting local historical sites (mines, Indian pueblos, ghost towns, etc.).  Get 6,000 ft. distance out in the country (the New Mexico desert or mountains).  No need for the collision avoidance stuff where I normally fly.  Same firmware, no updates since I took it out of the box.  Only mods are adding an LED strobe light, ND filters, and fixed a few shell cracks.  I'm baffled by those that experience such limited ranges or loss of control other than a poor environment (or pilot error).  In short, I think most of us have found the P3S to be a tremendous "bang for the buck" and a great tool/toy.  You just don't often hear from us.  Sorry to see them go, but if or when I decide to get another, it will be another DJI for sure.  Their proven technology has set the standards.  Long live the P3S.

Indeed.  Long live the P3S.  
2018-8-14
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-8-14 07:31
Indeed.  Long live the P3S.

As far as DJI goes with their refurb units, I bought 2 drones on their refurb site and never had an issue. They work great. Thats just my experience and i am sure that there are stories which will dispute my experiences. It's unfortunate that we seem to only hear the negative experiences on a lot of these forums. The good stuff seems to get lost in the shuffle.
2018-8-14
Use props
NM_Quad
lvl.4
United States

jazzyjeff Posted at 2018-8-13 13:05
Great Posting. Am curious on the LED strobe you use. Always wanted to mount those but never quite found the most cost effective, low weight and practical.
Also on the cracks, I have read about those but thankfully have not experienced them on both my P3P and P3S. Could you advise what you did to remedy the issue?
Once again, great post!

I got my LED strobe light here.  It is dang bright and seen to about 2,000 ft., farther when dark.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/store/strobon-cree-led-strobe-light/
I bought  the mount for putting the strobe on the Phantom leg here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Pha ... house-/201953659142

As for crack repair, I have used superglue, Gorilla glue, PVC cement and Weld-On with good success, with Weld-On the best.
2018-8-16
Use props
Caspers driver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4540515 ft

I also have to put in a “5 stars” on the p3s. I got 2 of them and find them amazing good drone. No fluff just reliable and fun to fly. No cracks on either of mine and still on original set of props. They get flown weekly.
Heck, I love them all. I cuss them all. The p3s less often though.
2018-8-26
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I dont understand why people would still be buying old tech like the p3s.
Excuse my ignorance in this matter but i would much prefer a newer model with far better features.
Appart from the price what is it thats appealing about the p3s?
2018-8-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

jazzyjeff Posted at 2018-7-27 11:54
Thanks for the info. I have to tell you that the DJI price was like $170 bucks cheaper than the $499 on Amazon.  Thats what made the purchase so appealing. I realize the one on Amazon is for a new Phantom 3 to be fair.

When DJI has those refurb prices, I sometimes jump at them because the deals are that good. What that being said you have to know your prices. At the time I just bought my Mavic Pro, DJI had their 30 hour sale on the same day as Amazon Prime. The Mavic Pro refurb was about the same price as the new unit so i bought the new unit. At the time of this posting , Best Buy is now running the same deal.

Nice to hear of another happy DJI drone customer.

The best LED add on, for DJI drones, are the Lume Cube LED with appropriate mounts which come with the individual drone light kits.
http://www.lumecube.com/164.html

RedHotPoker
2018-8-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

How many ways can you miss spell Phantom? Ha

RedHotPoker
2018-8-26
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Thanks Redhotpoker. Cool drone lights but a little on the pricey side for the LED's and they look a little big? I wonder how much weight they will add? Not sure if I would want to go with something that big. Thanks for the suggestion though.

PS Just looked at video you posted. Those suckers are bright!

2018-8-26
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-8-26 15:23
Excuse my ignorance in this matter but i would much prefer a newer model with far better features.

The tech is not that old and DJI still sells them. They work great and as good if not better than my Mavic Pro and SPARK. DJI still updates the firmware. In this hobby, you can spend a lot of money and buying an older model can help you save a bunch of bucks. Just my thoughts.
2018-8-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

jazzyjeff Posted at 2018-8-26 17:26
Thanks Redhotpoker. Cool drone lights but a little on the pricey side for the LED's and they look a little big? I wonder how much weight they will add? Not sure if I would want to go with something that big. Thanks for the suggestion though.

They are heavy for their relative diminutive Size, but pack a huge power Punch...

Seriously, don’t  ever look into one, even while on setting One. They go to Ten.

With several strobe modes and other useful photography settings they are by far worth the price tag...
The Bluetooth conectiveity, with their free app really sets them apart...

RedHotPoker
2018-8-26
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-26 17:46
They are heavy for their relative diminutive Size, but pack a huge power Punch...

Very cool, thx so much!
2018-8-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

jazzyjeff Posted at 2018-8-26 17:48
Very cool, thx so much!

If VLOS is important, why not increase it, a lot? Ha

RedHotPoker
2018-8-26
Use props
mith.saul
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-26 17:50
If VLOS is important, why not increase it, a lot? Ha

Hello all - a little off the subject matter, but you all seem to be quite knowledgable regarding the P3S, so I wanted to ask - has anyone had any experience using the Litchi app, vs the GO4 app? I have seen several sites really purporting the benefits of using the Litchi app - but wanted to hear any thoughts from DJI forum users. I have not had any issues using the GO4 app, other than "losing connection" - and the Litchi app touts that you can pre-program your flight path and the drone will complete its programmed flight path even in the event of lost connection.
Many thanks - mith
2018-8-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Phantom 3 Standard doesn't use the Go 4 app.

It uses the regular Go app.

I don't use third party software, so have no Litchi knowledge.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-29
Use props
mith.saul
lvl.1

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-29 15:04
Phantom 3 Standard doesn't use the Go 4 app.

It uses the regular Go app.

Yes, you are absolutely correct (my bad). I apologize for my incorrect statement regarding the GO app. Still, would be interested to hearing any thoughts regarding the Litchi app from knowledgable DJI P3S users.
Thanks all.
2018-8-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

mith.saul@gmail Posted at 2018-8-29 17:32
Yes, you are absolutely correct (my bad). I apologize for my incorrect statement regarding the GO app. Still, would be interested to hearing any thoughts regarding the Litchi app from knowledgable DJI P3S users.
Thanks all.

There must be many several pilots on here, who appreciate the advantages of Litchi. I’m just not one.

Open a new thread to get more readers seeing your questions.

RedHotPoker

2018-8-29
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

I actually have used Litchi with the P3S and it works well. Just remember as a disclaimer that you are supposed to be in line of sight with your aircraft and in full control. The problem (or features) with Litchi is that it allows you to program the drone to fly autonomously and it does. You just have to hope that all goes well and it returns to you.  
Right now I am going through an issue with Litchi as they are supposed to support all Android tablets for the original registration fee. It seems that because the Crystal Sky DJI monitor does not have the Google Play Store and they want you to download the product from Amazon Downloads, they want another registration fee. Anyways, that's another issue which I posted separately.
Bottom line is that Litchi does work with the P3S.
2018-8-30
Use props
Space Drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53862 ft
United States

My thoughts on litchi. I got it and it is awesome as long as your phone has the power to use active track. It kinda makes a p3s a p4 but with a worse camera.
2018-9-2
Use props
michaelts
lvl.2
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-8-26 15:23

Because (1) P3S records at 2.7K, so there is little need to upgrade to 4K; (2) with $25 spent on Litchi, P3S can do missions several miles long, so there is little need for Lightbridge or OccuSync;  (3) there is little need for collision avoidance features because they impose significant limitations on the speed and are not reliable enough, sooner or later reliance on these feature will inevitably cause the crash and DJI will not stand by its technology to cover the damage.

The last straw is obviously the price. For the price of $329, a refurbished P3S was, and still would be, an absolute steal.
2018-9-11
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-12 01:39
Because the P3S is still a fantastically capable bird, especially when paired with Litchi.  It offers a good 2.7K camera & its flight range (battery not RC) outperforms that of some newer models. I have two P3 Standards in my fleet.  They have logged many miles, captured some incredible video, & they are still flying strong.

https://youtu.be/26ztIk624cs

totally agreed ..it is a good bird yet
2018-9-12
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

f ... AWESOME VIDEOS !!!
2018-9-12
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

"Dirty Bird is Public Enemy #1" - James Comey, Director FBI .. lol
2018-9-12
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

Dirty Bird "the follow leader" video is the best video i ever seen ...
2018-9-12
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-12 01:39
Because the P3S is still a fantastically capable bird, especially when paired with Litchi.  It offers a good 2.7K camera & its flight range (battery not RC) outperforms that of some newer models. I have two P3 Standards in my fleet.  They have logged many miles, captured some incredible video, & they are still flying strong.

https://youtu.be/26ztIk624cs

They are awesome videos
2018-9-12
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-12 03:17
Litchi is fantastic, especially when coupled with the P3 Standard.  It allows you to go places you can't reach via RC control.  My birds have completed hundreds of successful missions with the Litchi app.

https://youtu.be/HGyRowC9Mm4

outstanding !!!
2018-9-12
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

the way to use your drones with litchi makes them true eye witnesses Drones .. Awesome

You should give Litchi lessons !!

2018-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules