Spark wifi signal issues
2091 8 2018-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Antoine35
lvl.1
France

Hi,

I just received my DJI Spark yesterday and tried to link it with my phone (a OnePlus 3 with Android 8.0.0). When I started the drone for the first time, I successfully found the wifi signal on my phone and connected it to my phone but I'm unable to find it anymore (while it can be found on other devices). I updated the drone's firmware through my computer but still the same, can't find the wifi signal on my phone anymore.

Do you have a solution?

Thank you

Antoine Cano
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your new DJI Spark. There could be an issue with compatibility that is why you are having this issue with your DJI Spark. The OnePlus 3 is not yet recommended for your Drone. Using a non recommended mobile device can affect the performance of the Drone. For reference, I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Spark.

2018-7-27
Use props
Antoine35
lvl.1
France

Thank for your answer,

Why is this list that short? Although my phone isn't recommended, the latest version of DJI Go 4 runs fast on it, no lag issues.
I've reseted wi-fi parameters on the drone and removed the battery for 5 minutes and i was able to connect to the drone again, nevertheless the signal isn't available once I disconnect my phone from the drone.

Can those signal issues be erased if I use the remote controller?

Thanks again!
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Antoine35 Posted at 2018-7-27 12:50
Thank for your answer,

Why is this list that short? Although my phone isn't recommended, the latest version of DJI Go 4 runs fast on it, no lag issues.

Hi, thanks for the response, we perfectly understand the scenario and it doesn't mean that our app will not work on your phone perfectly, however, since we haven't tried this we cannot guarantee if our app will be stable and also the behavior of the aircraft if it will always be stable. I would like to clarify that you've mentioned the signal of the wi-fi will not show on your device, however, it can be detected on other devices right?
2018-7-28
Use props
Antoine35
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

I think I've identified the problem.
When I connected the drone yesterday, I was in a crowded City center with a lot of wifi signal around, the drone switched to higher band signals which could not be supported on my phone (because I was able to find the signal on my computer which supports 5.9Ghz wifi signal)
That's why I went to wifi settings on DJI go 4 app while connected to the drone and forced the signal to stay in 2.4GHz. Seems to work well now.
But can this kind of problem being solved if I use a remote controller?
2018-7-28
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

"But can this kind of problem being solved if I use a remote controller?"

If you also use a otg cable from OnePlus to the RC, yes.
You bind RC and AC and connect to the RC via cable.
In my eyes: The best solution!
2018-7-28
Use props
Arty.bernot
New
Flight distance : 30768 ft
France

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-28 06:00
"But can this kind of problem being solved if I use a remote controller?"

If you also use a otg cable from OnePlus to the RC, yes.

Hi,

I have aslo some problems with my wifi.
Sometimes i can't connect my phone directly to the drone. And when i use my RC, I'm able to connect my phone to the RC but then I connect the RC to the drone I lose the signal with my phone.
The last time, I could manage to connect phone/RC/SPARK after resetting my drone.

But after five minutes of fly, I always lose the signal between my phone and my drone however, I still able to control it with my RC.

I'm looking for solution… So when I read "OTG cable", i'm intersted by this. But I don't know nothing about OTG.  So S-e-ven, did you already try it with a RC ? I have read a littel bit about OTG, but nothing on transmission of images and commands.

Thanks
2018-7-31
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You are in France and I assume you are using an android device, right?
"And when i use my RC, I'm able to connect my phone to the RC but then I connect the RC to the drone I lose the signal with my phone."
The RC may switch to 2.4 Ghz to the Spark, leaving you with a 5.8 from RC to your Phone.
On android a difficult task to access.
Try  with a wifi scanner on your computer, if you an see the RC wifi , when AC and RC are connected.

An OTG would get you around that "band changing on RC to 5.8 for the device"-problem for sure.

So try it with a simple micro USB to USB 2 OTG adapter, plugged into your RC, the other end connected with your charger cable to your phone.
If that works, get one of these os similar:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/OTG-Mic ... ;_trksid=m570.l1313
2018-7-31
Use props
Arty.bernot
New
Flight distance : 30768 ft
France

Yes, I'm using andoid device "Crosscall Trekker-X3".

I just did the test with the scanner. And you are right, but this time I managed to fly. However, about 2 min later,I lost the signal. And as you say, I Believe the RC switch the frequency because, the signal on the scanner disappeared.

So I ordered an OTG cable to try it.

Thank you for the advices.
2018-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules