Videos play clear but jerky
6148 10 2018-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bladenunez
lvl.2

I'm new to the Mavic Platinum. Something is not correct in my set up. First video and it is very jerky and not flowing. My guess is shutter speed? I'm not very expericenced with sensitive settings on high tech cameras. I would just like to know the simple settings to get started. Any help is deeply apreciated.

2018-7-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Are you playing direct from SD card, and if you are is it 4K and can your computer or monitor manage 4K playback ?
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Can you post some sample footages for us to check?
2018-7-27
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you're playing cached video from your mobile device, then try watching the videos from the memory card in your drone. If you're playing the video straight from the memory card, then try copying it to your computer first. If it's choppy when played straight from your computer, then try a different video player (like VLC).

FYI, if you upload one of your videos to YouTube and it's not choppy, then that'll confirm the issue is being caused by something on your computer.
2018-7-27
Use props
bladenunez
lvl.2

It's not my computer. My Hubsan H4SS videos play fine. I will post my next footage. The bad ones I trashed. I would just like to know the simple settings to get started.
2018-7-27
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

What resolution are you filming at?   Playback requirements are quite different between a Hubsan at 1080p vs 4K.   If all else fails try lowering the resolution all the way and if that works start going up a step at a time.   
2018-7-27
Use props
bladenunez
lvl.2

msinger Posted at 2018-7-27 12:37
If you're playing cached video from your mobile device, then try watching the videos from the memory card in your drone. If you're playing the video straight from the memory card, then try copying it to your computer first. If it's choppy when played straight from your computer, then try a different video player (like VLC).

FYI, if you upload one of your videos to YouTube and it's not choppy, then that'll confirm the issue is being caused by something on your computer.

Thank you bro. It was quicktime. I don't recall if I even tried itunes. But it seems ok on youtube.
2018-7-27
Use props
bladenunez
lvl.2

EdM Posted at 2018-7-27 21:20
What resolution are you filming at?   Playback requirements are quite different between a Hubsan at 1080p vs 4K.   If all else fails try lowering the resolution all the way and if that works start going up a step at a time.

Thanks Bro. It was a player issue. So it would seem. Looks ok in youtube.
2018-7-27
Use props
bladenunez
lvl.2

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-27 12:28

It was a player issue. Quicktime. Thanks very much.
2018-7-27
Use props
bladenunez
lvl.2

EdM Posted at 2018-7-27 21:20

It was an older version of quicktime that wouldn't play properly. I got out of 4K because I like manual zoom. Thanks for the help.
2018-7-27
Use props
djiuser_mpwnx1EeDTzj
New
Flight distance : 1732 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-27 12:28

Since I am unable to create a new thread I'll post my request here.  Has anyone figured out how to fix poor video quality on the Pro Platinum???   Mine is brand new, I updated the firmware and tried my first flight and was very disappointed in the quality of the video.  The drone is currently set to factory default settings, I haven't changed anything, except the firmware.  I have seen other peoples videos here and they are not as bad as what I am getting.  I'm assuming factory default is set to 4K video, if reducing that to HD quality will fix the problem I can live with that.  And if that will fix it please help me get to that setting so I can change it...or any other setting that will fix it.  The video is saving to the Micro SD card that came with the drone and I have tried the video on 3 different computers, the last one is a high end gaming laptop (ASUS).Here is a link for the video of my first flight  youtu.be/fGnHDUu_8L8    You will have to add https//: to the beginning of the link, this forum won't let me post with that...sorry
2019-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules