Ronin-S Died During Software Update
3700 10 2018-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmrfoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77257 ft
United States

So I downloaded the Ronin-S Assistant for my PC, installed it, connected my Ronin-S via USB... teh software recognized the Ronin-S and connected to it... then attempted to install the latest Ronin-S firmware upgrade.... everything looks liek it's going just fine and then everythign hangs at 34% and stays there.  The Mode 1 green light is on on the Ronin-S and the battery lights are progressively blinking as if the battery is charging....

HELP!!!!!
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi jmrfoto, if the update keeps stuck, please re-connect the Ronin-S to the computer and try again, or re-install the Ronin-S Assistant, please let us know if the issue persist, thank you.
2018-7-28
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-28 01:46
Hi jmrfoto, if the update keeps stuck, please re-connect the Ronin-S to the computer and try again, or re-install the Ronin-S Assistant, please let us know if the issue persist, thank you.

I did that multiple times - and spent over an hour on the phone with DJI product support and we tried everything that they could think of - wound up having to send the Ronin-S to DJI for checkout - multiple failed firmware updates each resulting in a dead gimbal unit.... VERY disappointing to say the least...
2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jmrfoto Posted at 2018-7-28 12:18
I did that multiple times - and spent over an hour on the phone with DJI product support and we tried everything that they could think of - wound up having to send the Ronin-S to DJI for checkout - multiple failed firmware updates each resulting in a dead gimbal unit.... VERY disappointing to say the least...

Sorry for my late response because of the holiday and the trouble caused by the firmware upgrade, did you already send in? If yes, please post the case number here, we will keep following up, thanks.
2018-7-31
Use props
Mafia16
First Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

jmrfoto Posted at 2018-7-28 12:18
I did that multiple times - and spent over an hour on the phone with DJI product support and we tried everything that they could think of - wound up having to send the Ronin-S to DJI for checkout - multiple failed firmware updates each resulting in a dead gimbal unit.... VERY disappointing to say the least...

i have the same issue with these unit.
2018-7-31
Use props
Mafia16
First Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

i fix mine i update every single update from the first one and now it works.
2018-7-31
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-31 04:18
Sorry for my late response because of the holiday and the trouble caused by the firmware upgrade, did you already send in? If yes, please post the case number here, we will keep following up, thanks.

Yes I sent it in - waiting for feedback from DJI...
2018-7-31
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

jmrfoto Posted at 2018-7-31 15:03
Yes I sent it in - waiting for feedback from DJI...

Case #:  CAS-2052623-M9B4D
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jmrfoto Posted at 2018-7-31 15:05
Case #:  CAS-2052623-M9B4D

Thanks for the case number, our repair center will take care of it, hope you will get it back soon, if you need any assistance during this process, please don't hesitate to let us know.
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mafia16 Posted at 2018-7-31 13:13
i fix mine i update every single update from the first one and now it works.

Thanks for your sharing Mafia, glad to know you have figured out the issue, please keep us updated if there is any other problem.
2018-8-1
Use props
MACKIEEVANS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49557 ft
United Kingdom

Similar problem.

I just got a new Ronin S, balanced it, downloaded DJI Assistant Pro for Ronin, logged in, plugged in, clicked the earliest firmware version - I figured it would make sense to install them in order from the earliest available - it got to 98%, then froze.

So I read this forum, and unplugged, started to try again.

Only this time, DJI Assistant Pro won't open. Instead, something called Electron does. Which doesn't work.

Any idea what's going on here?
2020-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules