1.1.9 Update Startup Jingle
1891 12 2015-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gurnpj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103609 ft
United States

When updating my P3P to v1.1.9 my P3 sounded off the startup jingle. I don't know if anyone else had this happen or if that means something isn't updating correctly but just thought I would bring it up.
2015-5-23
Use props
gurnpj
lvl.2
United States

Alright so it finished updating and seems to have been successful. This was the first time that it was sounding off the startup jingle all the way through so I was a bit confused but everything seems to be in order.
2015-5-23
Use props
bluetazmaster69
lvl.2

United States

That's good to hear.
2015-5-23
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

gurnpj@gmail.co Posted at 2015-5-23 23:57
Alright so it finished updating and seems to have been successful. This was the first time that it w ...

I experienced pretty much the same thing. I did a double-take when, in addition to the expected buzzing, it sounded like it was booting up. I think I heard that happen twice. Like you, it scared me, but everything went quite smoothly. I used my new 64GB card also - worked like a champ.

One pleasant surprise on my side. I've never been able to find the calibration screen for the camera angle control. I've never been able to get the camera to go up very high beyond parallel. This morning, after the 1.1.9 update, when it booted, the camera looked like it was angled pretty high. I looked at the app and moved the camera adjusting wheel - success! It now goes the entire 30-degrees up, goes straight down, etc. I used one of those buttons on the under side of the controller to flip the camera between straight down and parallel. Can't see too much need for pointing up too high - the props tend to get in the way very easily with any serious up-angle.
2015-5-23
Use props
derekoneill99
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

I've updated my P3 with the lasted firmware,  now on startup  i get a sound d-dd only once, is this normal
2015-5-24
Use props
derekoneill99
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Ive updated the lasted firmware on my P3, now on startup i get a d dd sound once. Is this normal
2015-5-24
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

This is normal since you have the latest firmware on your micro card..
2015-5-24
Use props
gurnpj
lvl.2
United States

derekoneill99@e Posted at 2015-5-25 01:12
I've updated my P3 with the lasted firmware,  now on startup  i get a sound d-dd only once, is this  ...

This isn't "normal". I have updated my P3 through three firmware updates now and that has never happened, nor have I ever heard it happen. I suggest formatting the card to remove the firmware file and see if it still does it.
2015-5-24
Use props
derekoneill99
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

But do I not need to keep the firmware update on the SD card to update future battery's?

2015-5-24
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

It is NORMAL if you have the latest firmware on the sd card . And YES DJI says to leave the latest firmware on the card to update future batteries .....
2015-5-24
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

I am updating mine now and periodically it's playing the startup jingle while it's updating.  It's doing the D-D-D-D sound and then every min or so the startup jingle.  Its still in the process of updating.

It updated normally despite playing the startup sound periodically during the update.
2015-5-24
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Why not have two SD cards?, one maybe 4GB , and one 64GB, keep the latest firmware on the 4GB, and use the 64GB for videos & photos.
2015-5-25
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Yes...  I noticed the "motor arming" tones happened about three times during my update.  The LED's turned off near the end as well.
2015-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules