Phantom 3 Pro stopped working after app update
3104 18 2018-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan Grapko
lvl.1
Canada

Hi there, I have a Phantom 3 Pro that was working fine until recent App update. All firmware is up to date, Ipad has been updated, Have tried trashing the app and reinstalling. I have tried numerous things I have found throughout these threads. The AC is seemingly connected to the RC as I can control the camera, although the motors will not start. The AC is flashing yellow in the back with solid red in the front. The status indicator on the gimbal is solid green. The light behind the gimbal flashes green red slowly. The RC is flashing fast yellow green (sometimes red?). The firmware is up to date on the AC as I have checked the log and it says success. When I try to see the firmware of the RC through the app it doesn't recognize anything, every section says unknown and select firmware version is none. I have tried numerous different cables that all work fine. I have been trying everything I can find online for the past 3 days with no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Should I rollback firmware? It was working just fine until this update.
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this caused you. Have you tried to re-link your RC to your AC? Can you please try to re-link your drone. Kindly see the attached link below for video tutorial. Thank you.

2018-7-27
Use props
Dan Grapko
lvl.1
Canada

Is there a link to a previous App version for iPad?
2018-7-27
Use props
Dan Grapko
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-27 13:39
Hi. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this caused you. Have you tried to re-link your RC to your AC? Can you please try to re-link your drone. Kindly see the attached link below for video tutorial. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVOJnUidcUk

I have tried this numerous times and the RC always goes back to quickly blinking between green/yellow sometimes red. The light behind the gimbal on the AC slowly blinks green and red.
2018-7-27
Use props
Droner660
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128976 ft
United States

My P3P would not take off after the update. Everything looked ok but the motors would not start either manually or using auto take off.  I shut everything down a few times, rebooted my tablet and now it works fine except its drifting more than usual.
2018-7-27
Use props
Dan Grapko
lvl.1
Canada

Does anyone have a link to a previous App version for iOS that works?
2018-7-30
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Did you try flashing the firmware?
2018-7-30
Use props
Dan Grapko
lvl.1
Canada

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-7-30 15:26
Did you try flashing the firmware?

I'm sorry I don't understand, How do I do that?
2018-7-30
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Try updating again.
2018-7-30
Use props
Dan Grapko
lvl.1
Canada

I have updated the firmware on the AC multiple times. The log shows abort on the last few tries and it says Success at the top as it has already been successfully updated. The RC will not connect to the App and I cannot check the firmware version on the RC although I do know it was already updated to the most recent version. I cannot get the RC to connect to the App. Do you know of a previous App version for iOS link that I can download? I had a completely working setup before the App updated and I cannot get it to connect now. The lights on the RC are blinking fast green/yellow, the AC blinks yellow in the back solid red in front. The gimbal is solid green and the light behind the gimbal slowly blinks red/green. I can control the camera from the RC but the motors will not start now. I have tried relinking and everything else I can find in all these threads. I have a feeling it is the app update that has created this issue as it was working just fine. I am beyond frustrated and have been trying everything I can find online and think of for about a week. I really wish I never updated.. I have paying clients and this is already giving me a headache.
2018-7-30
Use props
Dan Grapko
lvl.1
Canada

Does anyone have a link to download a previous iOS app version that works? The ones I have found have rerouted me to the app store with the newest version.
2018-7-31
Use props
fans39d4845f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192625 ft

Rc not connecting to the app go to the link below.

https://howto.highonandroid.com/app-tutorials/how-to-connect-dji-go-app-to-phantom-4-on-android/
2018-8-6
Use props
fansb997c758
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7664 ft
Italy

Sorry ... i cannot understand how people here answer to questions "casually"   ... who start topic ask about P3 Pro and use with IPAD and you suggest solution about P4 and Android device ???????
Better dont write anything ... belive me
2018-8-17
Use props
fans35e49d91
lvl.1

Nigeria

Dan Grapco, did you manage to get your problem resolved? I have the exact same problem as described by you. None of the advice seems to work.
2018-8-18
Use props
Dan Grapko
lvl.1
Canada

fans35e49d91 Posted at 2018-8-18 00:01
Dan Grapco, did you manage to get your problem resolved? I have the exact same problem as described by you. None of the advice seems to work.

I have not solved this issue. I have tried everything I can find with no luck. I have lost paying jobs and clients because of an update. It is beyond ridiculous that there isn’t any solution. Does anyone have a link to a previous iOS app version? The ones I have found always link to the newest version in the App Store. I am so frustrated that a perfectly working piece of equipment now is inoperable.
2018-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Dan Grapko Posted at 2018-8-23 12:44
I have not solved this issue. I have tried everything I can find with no luck. I have lost paying jobs and clients because of an update. It is beyond ridiculous that there isn’t any solution. Does anyone have a link to a previous iOS app version? The ones I have found always link to the newest version in the App Store. I am so frustrated that a perfectly working piece of equipment now is inoperable.

Where is your back up aircraft. MR businesss man?

Not very good practice to not have a second camera.... ha
Who trained you..

RedHotPoker
2018-8-23
Use props
110WestCape
lvl.1

Nigeria

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-23 23:56
Where is your back up aircraft. MR businesss man?

Nice advice Red, how does that resolve the problem with the equipment though. A back-up AC would experience the same issue as many are experiencing. Are you contributing to resolve or are you simply here to soothe your ego?
2018-8-26
Use props
110WestCape
lvl.1

Nigeria

Dan Grapko Posted at 2018-8-23 12:44
I have not solved this issue. I have tried everything I can find with no luck. I have lost paying jobs and clients because of an update. It is beyond ridiculous that there isn’t any solution. Does anyone have a link to a previous iOS app version? The ones I have found always link to the newest version in the App Store. I am so frustrated that a perfectly working piece of equipment now is inoperable.

Dan Grapco, I have downloaded all the previous versions of firmware from the DJI site. The latest version simply does not allow to roll back to previous versions.

Please let me know if you make progress on this. Tnx

DJI !!!!!! ..... )(^($$^%*&^$(&^  
2018-8-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

110WestCape Posted at 2018-8-26 01:48
Nice advice Red, how does that resolve the problem with the equipment though. A back-up AC would experience the same issue as many are experiencing. Are you contributing to resolve or are you simply here to soothe your ego?

Not all aircraft suffer from the same maladies...

So the greater odds are in your favour... ;-)

Two spares would double your chances...  so on.

RedHotPoker

2018-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules