Frozen Controller Phantom Vision + replacement...
751 4 2015-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
killface
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

I have a Phantom Vision + . I went to upgrade the firmware in my controller and the update turned my controller into a brick. I tried uninstalling the software and reconnecting but nothing works, I am on Mac computers.

Does anyone know how to unbrick these controllers without sending them back to CA?

I ordered a replacement controller as a plan B. However, I noticed that the controller I ordered was a 2.4ghz controller not a 5.8ghz.... Will the 2.4ghz work ?

This is the controller I ordered : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It will be delivered tomorrow - pretty cool how amazon will deliver on a Sunday... Anyway, if this controller works but has a weaker signal that is ok. Just need to get the Phantom working again for a project I have.

Thank you !!!
2015-5-23
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The 2.4ghz transmitter will not work with the 5.8ghz V+.
What version of the V+ do you have ?
As there is no new firmware for it since the V3 upgrade last year, with the LiPo batteries and the gimbal wheel, if you tried to upgrade an older transmitter with this firmware then that would be your problem, it states in RED letters NOT to upgrade if you have the older basic transmitter.
2015-5-23
Use props
killface
lvl.1
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-5-24 00:18
The 2.4ghz transmitter will not work with the 5.8ghz V+.
What version of the V+ do you have ?
As the ...

Thanks Johwarr. I have the version 3 of the phantom vision plus , the bottom of the aircraft specifically says model : PV331.

I got this aircraft used and went to do a firmware update. There was nothing in the phantom rc application to discourage the update...I know now that this was a tragic error....

Any ideas about how to unbrick the controller ?? Thank you !!!
2015-5-23
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Version 3 is the upgraded transmitter, with the LiPo batteries etc.
All I can suggest is to run the assistant again and re-do the upgrade if possible.
2015-5-23
Use props
killface
lvl.1
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-5-24 03:08
Version 3 is the upgraded transmitter, with the LiPo batteries etc.
All I can suggest is to run the  ...

thanks johnwarr, upgade will not go through, I guess I have to send the controller to DJI..
2015-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules