123Next >
10822 106 2018-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Thanks Suren. Will give it a go. Also saw that the firmware can by downgraded with some of the software in the video etc. Wonder if some MA users that is complaining about the latest firmware knows about it?
2018-7-29
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Jeez, used the software name, and the forum said i cant post it............they really don,t like that.............
2018-7-29
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158845 ft
Poland

Its pathetic that we have to use 3rd party app to fully enjoy Mavic Air (Dynamic homepoint and Waypoints).
2018-7-30
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Agree, and it is pathetic that the Mavic Air has sooooo many little problems.

And we are like fan girls and boys, fixing, and re installing and upgrading, and complaining and calibrating and trying again and asking for advise, and shouting at DJI, to re calibrate again, restart, RTH again and again for signal loss, format sd, do imu calibration..............................................
If my Canon 5Diii took so many little irritating crap to get it working,  i would have shoved it up their collective noses, and got a new one, or a upgrade, and fast.
(Not that Canon support is NEARLY as bad as what we get here.)
I have yet to fly a full 3 batteries, without calibration, restarting, moving to the right or left, re calibrating, and again restarting the damn DJI go app.
For once, i would like to go somewhere nice, switch on the RC and drone, and fly and enjoy without worries.....for once.
2018-7-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-30 06:05

And we are like fan girls and boys, fixing, and re installing and upgrading, and complaining and calibrating and trying again and asking for advise, and shouting at DJI, to re calibrate again, restart, RTH again and again for signal loss, format sd, do imu calibration..............................................

While I don’t doubt they’re are some problems with Mavic Air, you might have to realize that all of this is very new technology and should improve with time and future technology, but flying drones , no matter what drones will always need the user to be somewhat adept with technology , skills to both learn and become familiar with all that is involved with this new tech, and those who do will have much fewer problems, than those who are looking for a hobby that you can just pull from a box switch on and hope they will have perfect flights perfect photography.
This is a hobby that you have to work at work with and try to garner as much knowledge as you wish, to be able to fly better, be better at your chosen photography, and this is what makes this so interesting and challenging, and this is the reason so many have both taken it up and love it.
If this was out of the box , no challenge , push a button take perfect photography and land beside you while you drink your coffee, then I believe we would not have as many enthusiastic people taking up this hobby as both a hobbyist and a professional.
Truth is with all technology whether it’s a phone laptop watch PC Cameras etc, they all have problems still and yet they have been around for donkeys years.
This hobby is not for everyone but most can use it and many will only use a small part of it potential and this is fine. But if you have just walked into this hobby, you need to be aware that with every FW SW update you will see some who will have some problems, most will have no problems or will be able to happily work around small problems and continue to do what they wanted to do when they took up this hobby.
You used the analogy of Cannon Cameras, I have been using a couple of cannon forums and frankly they are riddled with problems both technical and practical. No statements are ever made by Cannon when something goes wrong except similar to what we see here, send it in to be assessed, most of the help comes from other users, just like it does here, fixes or dates for fixes are never revealed until they are actually ready, full stop.
So while many jump up and down because they have problems or they can’t figure out stuff or they’re suffering buyers remorse, because they feel dji advertisers put out some blurb telling them they could fly like the pros in the video or take beautiful photos/videos, they are now realizing they bought a piece of equipment that needs work and plenty of endeavour by the user to both challenge him in his/her new hobby, which is why we enjoy hobbies, and if your not prepared to put in the effort or time, then don’t be expecting the same results as those who do.
2018-7-31
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

And thank u very much for the insight. Although, in principal i agree, i do think that you are missing the whole point. I honestly think you miss judge most of the people that actually complain on this forum, as beginners and technically disabled, and in principal (idiots).
I don,t have to explain how many hours i spend to learn this hobby, it is not important to this discussion. Anyone that spend that amount of money to buy a drone, plan to do it correctly and safely i am sure.
BUT THIS HOBBY, CAN ONLY BE A HOBBY, IF THE DRONE ACTUALLY FLY, IS IT NOT?  
And if i spend hours to go out to a safe location, do everything i am suppose to do, and the drone don,t fly, and have a million little problems, then yes, it is irritating.

AND LET,S BE VERY HONEST, THIS HOBBY IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE BY ANY MEANS OF THE IMAGINATION.
And though i accept the "challenge" of this hobby, and take the time and effort, i still need a functional, flying, safe product to be able to do it.
Maybe spend time to read the messages properly, that should also not take a rocket scientist.

2018-7-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-30 06:05

For once, i would like to go somewhere nice, switch on the RC and drone, and fly and enjoy without worries.....for once.

As would others!

Along with not wasting time before such a flight - calibrating, re-calibrating, updating, refreshing, rolling back, installing, de-installing, re-installing, resetting factory defaults, clearing caches, swapping cables, resetting camera settings, reformatting microSD card, trying different microSD card, and turning off or disabling features.

2018-7-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-31 08:48
And thank u very much for the insight. Although, in principal i agree, i do think that you are missing the whole point. I honestly think you miss judge most of the people that actually complain on this forum, as beginners and technically disabled, and in principal (idiots).
I don,t have to explain how many hours i spend to learn this hobby, it is not important to this discussion. Anyone that spend that amount of money to buy a drone, plan to do it correctly and safely i am sure.
BUT THIS HOBBY, CAN ONLY BE A HOBBY, IF THE DRONE ACTUALLY FLY, IS IT NOT?  

I suppose anyone who has 1 million problems, this would be classified as a DOA and not relevant to most of the problems around here, I haven’t read anyone else having a million problems...
2018-7-31
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

A million little problems...................like........i'm so hungry i could eat a whole cow, or money don,t grow on trees...
You know, the finer nuances of the English language. Not to be mistaken for the ten commandments, written in stone.
But then again, history repeating itself. Someone complain, someone take over the whole discussion and wait for someone else to take the bait......
2018-7-31
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I would like to know how the switch works, starting/loading the mission from Litchi, but using DJI Go4 during the flight.
Anyone?
2018-8-3
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4
Singapore

Vliegende Hollander Posted at 2018-7-28 04:16
I now use one month of Litchi because the App Go 4 has become unusable due to the green layers on the map.
The advantage of Litchi is the smooth video feed.
The iPad also becomes less warm during use.

Yup , find that it really heats up the ipad during use
2018-8-3
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

I would also like to know if it is possible to switch between one to the other within one flight?  
2018-8-3
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use both apps, although nowadays I use Litchi with more freguency.  Both apps are good at different things, but I feel the whole operation on Litchi is just much smoother and less convoluted.  Hadn’t flown my Spark in quite a while and became interested in it again when the Litchi beta for waypoints came out.  It’s operated flawlessly.  
2018-8-3
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Suren Posted at 2018-7-29 08:23
Try that video i posted FCC is great

Hi Suren
Which version of DJI Go 4 app do u use? Should i download older version?
2018-8-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-3 12:54
Hi Suren
Which version of DJI Go 4 app do u use? Should i download older version?

I use 4.2.12
2018-8-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-3 11:26
I would also like to know if it is possible to switch between one to the other within one flight?

So everyone says not to switch and being a curious person I have tried that once or twice, switching I mean between Go4 and Litchi and found no issues, the reason i tried that was because of some errors that Litchi gave me so I quickly went to Go4 and found no errors there. My phone can handle that switch because of the 6gig ram
2018-8-3
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Does that video tip work with 4.2.12?
2018-8-3
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

2018-8-3
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Suren Posted at 2018-8-3 13:08
So everyone says not to switch and being a curious person I have tried that once or twice, switching I mean between Go4 and Litchi and found no issues, the reason i tried that was because of some errors that Litchi gave me so I quickly went to Go4 and found no errors there. My phone can handle that switch because of the 6gig ram

So u switched while in flight? No problems, no disconnections etc?
2018-8-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-3 13:19

2018-8-3
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Awesome. The site said it will only work with 4.1.10 and below. Will see if i can get the 4.2.12 version. Can,t wait to get my drone back.......
2018-8-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-3 13:20
So u switched while in flight? No problems, no disconnections etc?

Nothing, worked like a charm but it can cause issues and i would not recomend it, i only did that because Litchi gave me some errors and i wanted to confirm it with go4, by the way Litchi was on a waypoint mission at the time so it did not really affect the drone or connection at all. Switching can be very risky because if your phone cannot handle both apps open at the same time it can cause serious issues I must warn you, it is best to completely close down one app and then open the next. I also switch phones sometimes while in mid flight with Go4 to see what happens and it just carried on from where the one phone stopped.
2018-8-3
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Suren Posted at 2018-8-3 13:27
Nothing, worked like a charm but it can cause issues and i would not recomend it, i only did that because Litchi gave me some errors and i wanted to confirm it with go4, by the way Litchi was on a waypoint mission at the time so it did not really affect the drone or connection at all. Switching can be very risky because if your phone cannot handle both apps open at the same time it can cause serious issues I must warn you, it is best to completely close down one app and then open the next. I also switch phones sometimes while in mid flight with Go4 to see what happens and it just carried on from where the one phone stopped.

I am still jerky with the video and controls, so i don,t think i will use the switching just yet. Was just wondering if it is possible at all.
Do want to try the other tip though.
I take it the distance and speed was done with the Mavic Pro, not the Spark?
2018-8-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-3 13:32
I am still jerky with the video and controls, so i don,t think i will use the switching just yet. Was just wondering if it is possible at all.
Do want to try the other tip though.
I take it the distance and speed was done with the Mavic Pro, not the Spark?

In Durban with all the WIFI around the spark does not get past 400 meters, Yes it was done with my Pro. Got rid of the spark some months back
2018-8-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Highsking Posted at 2018-8-3 11:33
You are advised to force quit djogo4 before using litchi, this advice comes from litchi, and all apps running in the background should be turned off.
You also can’t change by app or RC when aircraft is on a mission, as mission is programmed into aircraft .

Google "Switching apps when using way points" , please.
But I may just have to be quick enough in switching and it will be done.
Reading that post again, the Go4 will log just the moves of the bird which follows the litchi mission.
Perhaps a 10 second "stay" at waypoint 1 will get the needed time.
I probably will have to test that a bit.
2018-8-3
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Suren Posted at 2018-8-3 13:36
In Durban with all the WIFI around the spark does not get past 400 meters, Yes it was done with my Pro. Got rid of the spark some months back

Aw man, poor Spark. Do hope i get some distance out of the Air if i get it back. Got around 800m with the Air, which sucks.
2018-8-4
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-8-3 17:59
Google "Switching apps when using way points" , please.
But I may just have to be quick enough in switching and it will be done.
Reading that post again, the Go4 will log just the moves of the bird which follows the litchi mission.

Let us know if u tested it, would love to know. Maybe with both open, the flight logs might be recorded on the DJI app while flying with Litchi?
2018-8-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Highsking Posted at 2018-8-3 11:33
You are advised to force quit djogo4 before using litchi, this advice comes from litchi, and all apps running in the background should be turned off.
You also can’t change by app or RC when aircraft is on a mission, as mission is programmed into aircraft .

" as mission is programmed into aircraft"

Yep, and that makes the switch work on my OP5!
Tried it, today, "killed" litchi midair, opened Go4, mission got downloaded, "mission will be executed even if disconnected", and the bird flew till "last point reached. Aircraft is hovering"
Flight record in Go4. Ok, not for the first one.
I forgot that killing Go4 midair kills flightrecords, too ;-)

I have to add, b/c I am on Spark, I use the Go4 mod 2.0, for that. To get the waypoint option.
Actually forgot to check how the 4.2.21 would go with a mission in the spark.
2018-8-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-4 07:42
Let us know if u tested it, would love to know. Maybe with both open, the flight logs might be recorded on the DJI app while flying with Litchi?

I have not tried both open
I killed Litchi, but not via "force to stop" in the app settings of the (Android) fw, just the quick way from the "recent applications" menu.
ok, perhaps both were open, Go4 was on before, but also "killed" in "recent applications"
Quick start of Go4 (mod 2), go fly, video starts recording (was still on), "mission get downloaded", continue with the mission.

Logfile like if after restarted Go4 after an app chrash: starts where it is.
And gets also only logged, in case the bird lands before switching back to litchi.

Success, I think
2018-8-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-8-4 20:09
" as mission is programmed into aircraft"

Yep, and that makes the switch work on my OP5!

As long as your phone has enough memory to handle both apps running at the same time you would be fine having one open in the background. I would not recomend it tough as it is against Litchi policy to run GO4 while using their app.
2018-8-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Suren Posted at 2018-8-4 22:46
As long as your phone has enough memory to handle both apps running at the same time you would be fine having one open in the background. I would not recomend it tough as it is against Litchi policy to run GO4 while using their app.

But for someone who used the Go4 exclusivly in the past 12 month, it is probably really needed to know what happens, after a chrash and when he starts, accidently of course, the wrong app, isn't it?
2018-8-5
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Hi Suren
I did everything according to the video. Hoe kan ek sien of dit oorskakel of nie? Sien gladnie 'n verskil nie. Sien nog steeds 13 kanale ipv 11 vir fcc.IOS or Android 4.2.12?
2018-8-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-6 10:30
Hi Suren
I did everything according to the video. Hoe kan ek sien of dit oorskakel of nie? Sien gladnie 'n verskil nie. Sien nog steeds 13 kanale ipv 11 vir fcc.IOS or Android 4.2.12?

Have you renamed the file to exactly like in the video?
2018-8-6
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Yes,
4.2.8 for android, seems to work fine now. Though it gives me a constant 5.8 ghz.  Does yours do it as well?
2018-8-6
Use props
TimDerLauch
lvl.2

Thanks for sharing !
2018-8-8
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Thanks Suren, got it right. Will test a bit this weekend.
2018-8-8
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I used litchi only for panorama shooting , advanced waypoint missions and nice 360 degrees orbits.
I used DJI go 4.1.22 mod version, for normal flying and sometimes I plan an easy waypoint mission with an app called DJI go mod missions ( https://play.google.com/store/ap ... mskij.mission&hl=us)
Sometimes I used the boost DJI go 4 app(1.5W) when necessary
I used Litchi since the phantom2 vision+
Thats for the Mavic ProFor my Spark I used 4.1.15 mod, with OTG cable and DJI go mod missions if i want to fly waypoints with my Spark.

2018-8-9
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Jos A Posted at 2018-8-9 21:04
I used litchi only for panorama shooting , advanced waypoint missions and nice 360 degrees orbits.
I used DJI go 4.1.22 mod version, for normal flying and sometimes I plan an easy waypoint mission with an app called DJI go mod missions ( https://play.google.com/store/ap ... mskij.mission&hl=us)
Sometimes I used the boost DJI go 4 app(1.5W) when necessary

Thanks for info. 4.1.22 mod version? Could u explain more please?
I have a problem with no signal on the latest 4.2.21 app, even after only a few meters. But after testing the 4.1.8 version with the FCC thing, i don,t get NO SIGNAL, but i do get severe video lag and freeze. Don,t know what to do to get the Mavic Air stable anymore............This is a drone that they borrowed me, while mine is in for repairs to China. Also had the no signal error............
Explain the use of the OTG cable please? Do u use it to connect your phone to RC? What is different than the normal cable your phone comes with?
Appreciate some help.
2018-8-10
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2018-7-28 09:34
Topic has already been covered previously. Think the general consensus is GO4 for all but waypoint flying.

Not just waypoints - also good for FPV using your phone and a cheap VR headset.
2018-8-10
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-10 04:01
Thanks for info. 4.1.22 mod version? Could u explain more please?
I have a problem with no signal on the latest 4.2.21 app, even after only a few meters. But after testing the 4.1.8 version with the FCC thing, i don,t get NO SIGNAL, but i do get severe video lag and freeze. Don,t know what to do to get the Mavic Air stable anymore............This is a drone that they borrowed me, while mine is in for repairs to China. Also had the no signal error............
Explain the use of the OTG cable please? Do u use it to connect your phone to RC? What is different than the normal cable your phone comes with?

Answer is given by PM
2018-8-10
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules