Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kapsolas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184626 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi All,

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I have tried all the recommendations found here and just have no solution thus far.

I have a Phantom 3 Standard, I have flown it for fun around my backyard with out any crashes. After the last firmware update, I have been receiving an error about "No image transmission" although all the other features seems to be working ok.

Any idea on what may be the issue? How can I factor reset the drone (hard reset) incase there is something causing the issue?

Per my analysis, I have the latest firmware to date on the drone and remote and I am using the most up to date DJI Go application. I have tried it on 2 android devices and one iOS. All the same behavior.

I even tried to get the drone to update the firmware by adding the bin file to the sdcard, but the log states that the firmware is the most recent and it does not reflash the drone.

Lastly, I could get video to come back when i disconnect the cable that goes to the gimbal and reattach it, but then the drone won't take off. It gives a messsage about the IMU being set.

I believe i've done all I can on my own, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!
2018-7-28
Use props
Marcio Paschoar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 230 ft
Brazil

Eu tenho um phantom 3 standard e a imagem de video também parou de ser exibida no celular. Tenho um amigo que está com o mesmo problema.
2018-7-28
Use props
RADROCKET
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1110827 ft
United States

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/en/Phantom_3_Standard_User_Manual_v1.4_en_0112.pdf
Page 24 will show you how to re link your remote and aircraft.
If that doesn't work try to rollback to an earlier version of the app and firmware.
2018-7-28
Use props
RADROCKET
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1110827 ft
United States

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-0LxjETJ1DnOERCOW9ib3NnT2c

You must roll back one version at a time. Be sure you have plenty of battery charge and always delete the bin. file and debug txt. when done.
2018-7-28
Use props
kapsolas
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for the information!

I will try this tomorrow and report back my success. Basically, it sounds like I should try to resync my transmitter (remote) first and see if that helps.
I'll do that before trying to reflash firmware.

2018-7-28
Use props
kapsolas
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

The re-link did not work. Doing a firmware downgrade I will report back after it completes.
For now it has been stuck at 20% for some time.
2018-7-29
Use props
kapsolas
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Firmware downgrade was successful after many attempts.

Formatted the sdcard again to start fresh. I did not see the video link, then restarted the device, saw video, restarted the drone again and no video.

Seems that the downgrade did not fix the issue. Also, I am thinking it is not an issue with the hardware because I sometimes i see the video.
I'm out of ideas as this point... Anyway to dump debug data from the drone? To see from any log what error may be occurring?
2018-7-29
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

kapsolas Posted at 2018-7-29 09:29
Firmware downgrade was successful after many attempts.

Formatted the sdcard again to start fresh. I did not see the video link, then restarted the device, saw video, restarted the drone again and no video.

One suggestion I might make is to remove all other wifi connections except the Phantomxxxxxx from your device.  Good luck.
2018-7-29
Use props
kapsolas
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

WD9EON Posted at 2018-7-29 09:43
One suggestion I might make is to remove all other wifi connections except the Phantomxxxxxx from your device.  Good luck.

Do you mean from myphone i am using?  

I've tried a couple phones android and ios with same behavior.
2018-7-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Is the telemetry working?
2018-7-29
Use props
kapsolas
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Everything works property.

i even tested recording video and taking images. Everything on the drone works, except I don't see any image on the devices I tested with.

I did observe though that sometimes it says something about bad signal when checking the remote strength. I took it out far away from any metal, power wires, etc.... Still samething. I thought maybe there was interference.

I'm clueless. It was working perfectly fine and only flown it in the back yard basically, with no crashes. I don't have the DJI Go app handy, but i would say no more than 20 flights.
2018-7-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

If you have telemetry working, then the wifi is working.  But the FPV portion of the signal is not being transmitted correctly for some reason.  So you get a black screen.  I found that sometimes it will work if the AC is very cool.  I have had this problem with my P2V+.  I would put the Phantom over the air conditioner vent for a few mins and then turn it on and turn the controller on and connect your mobile device manually to the wifi signal, and then bring up the flight app, and it would connect and show the FPV.  On the P2V series (e.g. P2v+), it was almost always because the NAND chip had worn out  (too many errors) and needed to be reflashed.  I don't know if this applies to the P3 Standard though.  But the two systems are very similar.  That's all I got.  Good luck
2018-7-29
Use props
kapsolas
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-7-29 10:28
If you have telemetry working, then the wifi is working.  But the FPV portion of the signal is not being transmitted correctly for some reason.  So you get a black screen.  I found that sometimes it will work if the AC is very cool.  I would put the Phantom over the air conditioner vent for a few mins and then turn it on and turn the controller on and connect your mobile device manually to the wifi signal, and then bring up the flight app, and it would connect and show the FPV.  On the P2V series (e.g. P2v+), it was almost always because the NAND chip had worn out  (too many errors) and needed to be reflashed.  I don't know if this applies to the P3 Standard though.  But the two systems are very similar.  That's all I got.  Good luck

Interesting...

I don't have the AC on in my home as the weather doesn't require it, wonder if I put it in the fridge for a couple minutes.

With regards to the NAND chip, can you provide some additional information about the issues they had on the P2v+?

Wonder if there is some interface (through software) that would allow to reflash the NAND chip. Now you mentioned that the chip is worn out, now that I think about it, how would that fix the issue if you reflash it? The chip is already worn out and may not be able to keep the integrity of the data flashed to it.
2018-7-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

I don't know if it applies to the P3S, I am guessing, because the problem you describe sounds the same.  I am not a NAND expert, but my weak understanding is that it accumulates errors with time, which is normal, and it will eventually have so many errors that it can't function correctly.  So reflashing is kind of like formatting I guess, and clears up all those errors so your NAND is like new again.  

Maybe message this guy and describe your problem and see what he thinks:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Pha ... ;_trksid=m570.l1313

You could also search the forums for info.  

Good luck
2018-7-29
Use props
kapsolas
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-7-29 10:50
I don't know if it applies to the P3S, I am guessing, because the problem you describe sounds the same.  I am not a NAND expert, but my weak understanding is that it accumulates errors with time, which is normal, and it will eventually have so many errors that it can't function correctly.  So reflashing is kind of like formatting I guess, and clears up all those errors so your NAND is like new again.  

Maybe message this guy and describe your problem and see what he thinks:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision-Plus-Video-Transmission-Module-Repair-Svc-FPV-WiFi-Wi-Fi/253332337589?hash=item3afbc8b3b5%3Ag%3A6u4AAOSw5VtaG68v&_sacat=0&_nkw=repair+phantom+2+vision+plus+wifi+module&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

Thank you for the help.

I am reflashing to 1.9.20. If it does not work. I will keep going back one FW version at a time. I suspect, different firmware bins update different components on the board. Possible that the last two FW's do not update the transmission board??? Maybe if I go back far enough, I can find a firmware that may update it.

I dont know... wishfull thinking. So far its been try this, try that with no good support or direction. It's such a black box.

FYI - I don't suspect it is a nand issue, as we would see more posts about that.
2018-7-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

You're probably right
2018-7-29
Use props
kapsolas
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Tried to downgrade one more version down to 1.8.1.0

It failed. REbooted and the gimbal is all crazy now. Flashes an Orange light and won't run. It won't try to start up the upgrade/downgrade process.

WTF.. This must be completely hosed now... So frustrated. I have been so careful with this and its completely failed now.
2018-7-29
Use props
kapsolas
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

kapsolas Posted at 2018-7-29 12:59
Tried to downgrade one more version down to 1.8.1.0

It failed. REbooted and the gimbal is all crazy now. Flashes an Orange light and won't run. It won't try to start up the upgrade/downgrade process.

Link of the Gimbal going crazy....

Is this familiar to anyone? What could have gone wrong now?
2018-7-29
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Looks like a board is probably shot.  Just for the sake of it, unplug the multiple wired pin on top of gimbal, then plug it back in.  Long shot, but I have seen this reset the gimbal.
2018-7-29
Use props
kapsolas
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Tried that already... It did not work.

I'm probably gonna have to send to DJI. Anyone know how much somethign like this will cost?
2018-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules