Activation error 400??
502599 502599 2018-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IcantDo55
lvl.2
United States

Just got a Mavic Air and all seems to work well got firmware upgraded for controler and drone than try to activate it for 1st time on Ipad Mini 4 and get server error so I try on my Android S8 nnd get "network error 400".

What am I doing wrong?
2018-7-28
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

May be DJI server is busy or not available. I have similar issues when I activate my MA. Ensure your device connected to internet and try again later.
2018-7-28
Use props
IcantDo55
lvl.2
United States

GDL Posted at 2018-7-28 20:24
May be DJI server is busy or not available. I have similar issues when I activate my MA. Ensure your device connected to internet and try again later.

Unlikely that its still busy.
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if you encounter this under DJI GO 4 app? would it be possible if you can provide of a screenshot?
2018-7-29
Use props
djiuser_Opelqi04T5Wd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29908 ft

Hey I'm going through the same problem. I just got a new mavic air from someone on offerup. It was brand new sealed in the wrapper. Everything seems to work fine. Drone turns on rc turns on. When I get to the screen to activate it tells me activation failed sever error 400 retry or contact dji. I did the frameware update on my windows pc so i know its up to date. I'm using the latest dji go app and tried on multiple Samsung Galaxy s8 and note 8 phones. This is killing me. I called dji but they told me they'll get back to me after they talk to a dji software engineer because they can see that the drone has never been activated just the rc but i might have to send it in for repairs. I feel like I've been waiting forever. Idk hopefully they can help because this is the only form i seen online talking about error 400. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2018-7-30
Use props
IcantDo55
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_Opelqi04T5Wd Posted at 2018-7-30 11:05
Hey I'm going through the same problem. I just got a new mavic air from someone on offerup. It was brand new sealed in the wrapper. Everything seems to work fine. Drone turns on rc turns on. When I get to the screen to activate it tells me activation failed sever error 400 retry or contact dji. I did the frameware update on my windows pc so i know its up to date. I'm using the latest dji go app and tried on multiple Samsung Galaxy s8 and note 8 phones. This is killing me. I called dji but they told me they'll get back to me after they talk to a dji software engineer because they can see that the drone has never been activated just the rc but i might have to send it in for repairs. I feel like I've been waiting forever. Idk hopefully they can help because this is the only form i seen online talking about error 400. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I heard the same thing today from them today on phone that SN is not showing activated and they told me to try it again in next few hours.  I waited and tried same issue.  I called them back and they said there may be issue with unit  and to send it in with proof of purchase.     Well I too bought it off "Offer up" was brand new in sealed box so no proof of purchase.
Where you live?  Wonder of someone selling bad units on Offer up?
I'n in Va beach VA
2018-7-30
Use props
IcantDo55
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-29 13:32
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if you encounter this under DJI GO 4 app? would it be possible if you can provide of a screenshot?

Any help would be great!
2018-7-30
Use props
djiuser_Opelqi04T5Wd
lvl.2

Yea man VA beach smh
2018-7-30
Use props
djiuser_Opelqi04T5Wd
lvl.2

If you figure anything out please lmk. Ill keep you posted on mine as well.
2018-7-30
Use props
IcantDo55
lvl.2
United States

This the add you got it from?

If so let me know.
2018-7-30
Use props
djiuser_Opelqi04T5Wd
lvl.2

However i did ask if i needed a receipt to send it in for repairs and the lady told me no just the serial number. Hopefully that's the case. I just don't want it to be a stolen device and they keep it. She told me she was unable to tell.
2018-7-30
Use props
djiuser_Opelqi04T5Wd
lvl.2

Yup her and her husband sold it to me.
2018-7-30
Use props
IcantDo55
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_Opelqi04T5Wd Posted at 2018-7-30 11:19
Yup her and her husband sold it to me.

White/Tan Lincoln?
2018-7-30
Use props
djiuser_Opelqi04T5Wd
lvl.2

Yea tan Lincoln. We met at Walmart by independence.
2018-7-30
Use props
IcantDo55
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_Opelqi04T5Wd Posted at 2018-7-30 11:41
Yea tan Lincoln. We met at Walmart by independence.

Just got off phone with DJI and they are going to research it and email me back.  I told them about you too.  I PM you on here with my phone number.  Id like you to contact them too or give me the SN of yours so I can include it in the  correspondence with them.   

2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the response, we will forward this information to the right department to see what we can do since we both have the same issue. For the mean-time may I have the SN of your aircraft? Please send it in via PM. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-7-30
Use props
IcantDo55
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-30 12:14
Hi, thanks for the response, we will forward this information to the right department to see what we can do since we both have the same issue. For the mean-time may I have the SN of your aircraft? Please send it in via PM. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Message sent
2018-7-30
Use props
djiuser_Opelqi04T5Wd
lvl.2

Ok im at work right now. At 8 ill pm both of you guys. Thanks so much.
2018-7-30
Use props
likwidplastik
lvl.2
United States

Add me to the list. Bought a brand new Mavic Air on OfferUp. Also in Virginia Beach. Can’t activate either.

This doesn’t look good.
2018-7-30
Use props
IcantDo55
lvl.2
United States

likwidplastik Posted at 2018-7-30 13:19
Add me to the list. Bought a brand new Mavic Air on OfferUp. Also in Virginia Beach. Can’t activate either.

This doesn’t look good.

No Sh*t?  
Same person selling it?
Please keep in touch so we all can figure this out.
I'll message you my phone # and email
2018-7-30
Use props
likwidplastik
lvl.2
United States

Different person, but I also met at Walmart on Independence. White SUV, but I don’t remember what make/model.

I’m beyond angry right now. Shoot me your email/phone number.
2018-7-30
Use props
IcantDo55
lvl.2
United States

likwidplastik Posted at 2018-7-30 13:40
Different person, but I also met at Walmart on Independence. White SUV, but I don’t remember what make/model.

I’m beyond angry right now. Shoot me your email/phone number.

I just PM you
2018-7-30
Use props
djiuser_Opelqi04T5Wd
lvl.2

My sn is 0K1UF5500E01L8
20180727_130232.jpg
2018-7-30
Use props
djiuser_Opelqi04T5Wd
lvl.2

My sn is 0K1UF5500E01L8
2018-7-30
Use props
djiuser_Opelqi04T5Wd
lvl.2

IcantDo55 Posted at 2018-7-30 11:56
Just got off phone with DJI and they are going to research it and email me back.  I told them about you too.  I PM you on here with my phone number.  Id like you to contact them too or give me the SN of yours so I can include it in the  correspondence with them.

Hey man my p# is 6318333107 page812ent@gmail.com
S# is 0K1UF5500E01L8
20180727_130232.jpg
2018-7-30
Use props
likwidplastik
lvl.2
United States

Just wanted to add that mine was also the Flame Red color.
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, the issue has been forwarded to the right department we will advise you as soon as we received a feedback. Thank you.
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_Opelqi04T5Wd Posted at 2018-7-30 16:26
Hey man my p# is 6318333107 page812ent@gmail.com
S# is 0K1UF5500E01L8

Hi there, pre-checking the SN in our system, it was reported to be stolen during transportation unfortunately. We have already reported this case to the local police and the police has filed the case.
Please contact the party who sold the drone to you for refund. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi IcantDo55, we've received the SN as well. I'm sorry that the unit is one of the stolen units as well.
Now both the insurance company and the police are investigating, so we sincerely suggest you contact the seller and ask for the refund. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

likwidplastik Posted at 2018-7-30 19:00
Just wanted to add that mine was also the Flame Red color.

Hi likwidplastik, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Could you offer your aircraft SN? We'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.
2018-7-31
Use props
IcantDo55
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-31 18:25
Hi IcantDo55, we've received the SN as well. I'm sorry that the unit is one of the stolen units as well.
Now both the insurance company and the police are investigating, so we sincerely suggest you contact the seller and ask for the refund. Appreciate your understanding.

Can you supply me with the police report # and contact info as I will be calling them.

Please private message me or email.
Mike@icantdo55.com
Thank you.
2018-7-31
Use props
IcantDo55
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-31 18:25

Well got this from DJI today.
Really wish dji could do anything to help us. Three of us got screwed and this girl selling them still has it posted and is selling more daily!  
SmartSelect_20180801-120627_Gmail.jpg
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

IcantDo55 Posted at 2018-8-1 08:14
Well got this from DJI today.
Really wish dji could do anything to help us. Three of us got screwed and this girl selling them still has it posted and is selling more daily!

Mike, sorry for the late response due to personal leave. Currently, the most important thing is contacting the seller and get the refund as soon as possible. For the availability of report number, we'll double check with the team, thanks for your patience.
2018-8-3
Use props
IcantDo55
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-3 23:17
Mike, sorry for the late response due to personal leave. Currently, the most important thing is contacting the seller and get the refund as soon as possible. For the availability of report number, we'll double check with the team, thanks for your patience.

Susan let's be real here the three of us got screwed. Nobody selling stolen merchandise is giving refunds or even replying back after taking our hard earned cash.  It's gone.

No report number?  Come on it took 3 days and countless calls, emails and chats from all three of us for dji to even admit these were stolen units and YOU had locked the SN. Just seems strange.  I have a contact in the local police department that's looking into it.

We are also disappointed at the lack of help dji had been on this. We have found other posts around internet that this had happened before.  Seems like you could at least let your your low level tech support know what SN are stolen so we could check items before purchase.  Or list stolen SN on your site.  It really brings resale value on your products down.

We like to see if dji was able to sell a reconditioned unit, obviously we have all the other parts.  Thoughts?
2018-8-4
Use props
David Cav
lvl.1

IcantDo55 Posted at 2018-8-4 05:55
Susan let's be real here the three of us got screwed. Nobody selling stolen merchandise is giving refunds or even replying back after taking our hard earned cash.  It's gone.

No report number?  Come on it took 3 days and countless calls, emails and chats from all three of us for dji to even admit these were stolen units and YOU had locked the SN. Just seems strange.  I have a contact in the local police department that's looking into it.

I might be in the same boat as you.   Can DJI tell me the status of this unit. SN# 0K1CF623AF1P3E

Thank you ....Dave in Massachusetts
2018-8-4
Use props
IcantDo55
lvl.2
United States

David Cav Posted at 2018-8-4 06:37
I might be in the same boat as you.   Can DJI tell me the status of this unit. SN# 0K1CF623AF1P3E

[view_image]

Dam not another one.
I hope not.  Took days till dji finally told us the units were stolen and locked.  Keep us posted.
2018-8-4
Use props
David Cav
lvl.1

IcantDo55 Posted at 2018-8-4 06:48
Dam not another one.
I hope not.  Took days till dji finally told us the units were stolen and locked.  Keep us posted.

Will do.   Not a pleasant experience.    Best...Dave
2018-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

David Cav Posted at 2018-8-4 06:37

[view_image]

Hi Dave, we're sorry to tell you that the unit 0K1CF623AF1P3E is one of the stolen units. Please contact the sellers to get the refund as soon as possible.

2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

IcantDo55 Posted at 2018-8-4 05:55

No report number?  Come on it took 3 days and countless calls, emails and chats from all three of us for dji to even admit these were stolen units and YOU had locked the SN. Just seems strange.  I have a contact in the local police department that's looking into it.

I understand your point and always recommended to purchase from the local authorized dealers to avoid the similar troubles.
2018-8-5
Use props
fans1309a084
lvl.1

Has anyone figured out a solution to this situation? Feel free to text me 347.495.5405
2018-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules