Activation error 400??
502599 502599 2018-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1309a084
lvl.1

DJI staff, can you run this SN for me? I am getting the same error and also purchased on OfferUp brand new in Virginia beach
15335022415021849900857853214255.jpg
2018-8-5
Use props
fans1309a084
lvl.1

DJI staff, can you run this SN for me? I am getting the same error and also purchased on OfferUp brand new in Virginia beach
SN: 0K1DF5P2AD4ZQY
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans1309a084 Posted at 2018-8-5 12:52
DJI staff, can you run this SN for me? I am getting the same error and also purchased on OfferUp brand new in Virginia beach
SN: 0K1DF5P2AD4ZQY

Upon checking the SN, I'm sorry that it is one of the stolen units as well, please try to contact the seller for the refund if possible. Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
2018-8-5
Use props
fans1309a084
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-5 19:14
Upon checking the SN, I'm sorry that it is one of the stolen units as well, please try to contact the seller for the refund if possible. Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Utterly ridiculous
2018-8-6
Use props
David Cav
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-5 00:26
Hi Dave, we're sorry to tell you that the unit 0K1CF623AF1P3E is one of the stolen units. Please contact the sellers to get the refund as soon as possible.

Susan,
Thank you for the timely update. While I understand DJI's policy of locking the SN of a stolen drone to discourage the trading of stolen property it  does have some unintended consequences. A secondary market for DJI, and other products, allows parties to liquidate the product they possess, new or used, at generally a discounted value to those who may wish to enter the market for that product.  A very small percent of such sales are related to nefarious activities.   Clearly DJI can see innocent parties are being harmed through transaction believed to be reasonable an legitimate.  Perhaps a reasonable solution is to provide me, an other similarly situated buyers, the option of an administrative fee (say $100) to allow registration of the effect drone while DJI or its associated vendors work on loss prevention policies and procedures to eliminate the issue that I and others find ourselves caught in. Perhaps as a starter labeling the box and the drone with a note saying stolen drones will not activation for use.  In my research of buying a secondary market drone that fact would have been more obvious and perhaps would have prevented the purchase.   Look forward to DJIs response.  Best, Dave
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We're sorry for the troubles. I've sent you a message in PM, please check later, thanks!
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

David Cav Posted at 2018-8-6 08:02
Susan,
Thank you for the timely update. While I understand DJI's policy of locking the SN of a stolen drone to discourage the trading of stolen property it  does have some unintended consequences. A secondary market for DJI, and other products, allows parties to liquidate the product they possess, new or used, at generally a discounted value to those who may wish to enter the market for that product.  A very small percent of such sales are related to nefarious activities.   Clearly DJI can see innocent parties are being harmed through transaction believed to be reasonable an legitimate.  Perhaps a reasonable solution is to provide me, an other similarly situated buyers, the option of an administrative fee (say $100) to allow registration of the effect drone while DJI or its associated vendors work on loss prevention policies and procedures to eliminate the issue that I and others find ourselves caught in. Perhaps as a starter labeling the box and the drone with a note saying stolen drones will not activation for use.  In my research of buying a secondary market drone that fact would have been more obvious and perhaps would have prevented the purchase.   Look forward to DJIs response.  Best, Dave

Dave, thanks for getting back to us. I understand your point. Currently, DJI has launched a series of discounts or promotional events on the official website, we sincerely suggest customers purchase from the official store or local authorized dealers to avoid the similar troubles, if possible. We do not block second-hand transactions as long as the units come from legal channels. However, for the units stolen during the transmit or reported by the dealers, I'm afraid that we must take some measures to prevent similar problems in the future. Hope for your understanding.
2018-8-6
Use props
fans1309a084
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-6 18:48
Dave, thanks for getting back to us. I understand your point. Currently, DJI has launched a series of discounts or promotional events on the official website, we sincerely suggest customers purchase from the official store or local authorized dealers to avoid the similar troubles, if possible. We do not block second-hand transactions as long as the units come from legal channels. However, for the units stolen during the transmit or reported by the dealers, I'm afraid that we must take some measures to prevent similar problems in the future. Hope for your understanding.

Thanks a lot Dave. You make some very good points. I don't think it's fair that I have to decide whether or not I want to buy another drone because the brand new one I just purchased can never be activated and flown. I wish I knew the vendor so that I could send it back to them. At this point, I have no use for it at all not that it can't fly.

Does DJI have a database that will allow buyers in the secondary market to check and see if the unit has been reported stolen? There has to be preventative measures that can be taken other than solely buying from authorized vendors.
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans1309a084 Posted at 2018-8-7 11:59
Thanks a lot Dave. You make some very good points. I don't think it's fair that I have to decide whether or not I want to buy another drone because the brand new one I just purchased can never be activated and flown. I wish I knew the vendor so that I could send it back to them. At this point, I have no use for it at all not that it can't fly.

Does DJI have a database that will allow buyers in the secondary market to check and see if the unit has been reported stolen? There has to be preventative measures that can be taken other than solely buying from authorized vendors.

Sir, I've sent you a message in PM, please kindly check later. Appreciate your cooperation.
2018-8-8
Use props
fans1309a084
lvl.1

OfferUp ad
Screenshot_20180808-085253_OfferUp.jpg
Screenshot_20180805-162647_OfferUp.jpg
2018-8-8
Use props
IcantDo55
lvl.2
United States

fans1309a084 Posted at 2018-8-8 04:58
OfferUp ad

Wow they updated the add.  So mad about this.

And there is still for sale on offer up as I type.

Susan, if you really have a police case why not provide the I the case number that I asked for over a week ago to us?  If you do have a case why are you not on the phone with Virginia beach police right now because I can go meet this guy right now and buy another one.

Message me your phone number and I'll put you on the group text we have going on with the other three of us that have been screwed.
2018-8-8
Use props
Cindav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108140 ft
Australia

why dont the police just " buy " one as part of a sting?

2018-8-8
Use props
IcantDo55
lvl.2

Cindav Posted at 2018-8-8 05:26
why dont the police just " buy " one as part of a sting?

Great idea.  But dji still has not released the bad SNs.  So no way to prove it till you try to activate it and call, chat, email, and post on this forum and thay finally admit its stolen.
2018-8-8
Use props
Cindav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108140 ft
Australia

well, if they are selling a "never used" unwanted gift or similar excuse, its most likely stolen.  

No one sells a brand new unit really cheap.  

Trust no one
2018-8-8
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

DJI should help the police to catch people selling stolen goods. It’s not only protecting their own right. It help protect their customer not buying stolen units. Also help those poor victims have a chance to take the money back.
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Received with thanks! We've reported this to the team for further investigation. Appreciate your support.
2018-8-9
Use props
djiuser_Nq2OwQwu7fiB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3155161 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the same activation issue with a recently purchased Mavic Air from Amazon.  The serial number is 0KUF5600E00VP.  Is this device stolen as well?  Thanks.
2018-8-12
Use props
dalethrip
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Nq2OwQwu7fiB Posted at 2018-8-12 12:29
I am having the same activation issue with a recently purchased Mavic Air from Amazon.  The serial number is 0KUF5600E00VP.  Is this device stolen as well?  Thanks.

I tried activation again this morning and was successful!  Must have been a server issue?
2018-8-13
Use props
Shaka
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_Nq2OwQwu7fiB Posted at 2018-8-12 12:29

What error were you getting?
2018-8-19
Use props
dalethrip
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Shaka Posted at 2018-8-19 08:00
What error were you getting?

Error 400 I believe.
2018-9-1
Use props
Lachoy73
lvl.1

United States

DJI staff, can you please check this SN as well OK1UF6100F01P4.  Getting same activation error 400 and just up the road from VA Beach.
2018-9-7
Use props
Aerial Visions
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125197 ft

This is sad I just perchased a Dji Mavic Air today guy said it needed to be registered he couldn't figure it out so I shot to chesapeake to the DJI store guy says i wasn't running the right go app i add that then he says 3 things store display, stolen, or messed up. now that i see people from my area in Virginia have been scammed also i know I've been scammed also in Hampton so they staring to move around an it was a guy an girl smh MAD!!!!!! i have osmo, ronin m, phantom advance, inspire 1 this maviv air was perfect for when i travel to shoot music videos super sad right now i hope DJI CAN FIND IT IN THERE HEART TO HELP US
2018-9-15
Use props
Aerial Visions
lvl.1

2018-9-15
Use props
Aerial Visions
lvl.1

2018-9-15
Use props
Aerial Visions
lvl.1

2018-9-15
Use props
Aerial Visions
lvl.1

2018-9-15
Use props
Aerial Visions
lvl.1

I THINK WE ALL HAVE ENOUGH PROOF FOR DJI TO HONOR OUR HARD EARNED MONEY. I'VE PURCHASED FROM DJI AN PERSONAL PEOPLE WHEN I COULDN'T OFFORD TO BUY FROM DJI AN THIS IS A SITUATION COME ON DJI DON'T LET US DOWN WE ALL FROM THE 757 AREA OF VIRGINIA. THERE WAS NO WAY WE COULD MAKE THIS UP
2018-9-15
Use props
Aerial Visions
lvl.1

2018-9-15
Use props
Aerial Visions
lvl.1

AS YOU SEE I TRIED TO GET IN CONTACT
2018-9-15
Use props
Aerial Visions
lvl.1

2018-9-15
Use props
Aerial Visions
lvl.1

2018-9-15
Use props
Aerial Visions
lvl.1

guess i'm last to get scammed or they starting over smh hopefully dji honor honest people proving they was scammed an unlock our drones. it wasn't our fault i feel if it's not unlocked with our form of proof of purchase dji is not considerate of the people that only can afford to purchase there equipment 2nd hand
2018-9-15
Use props
Aerial Visions
lvl.1

This is a serious situation dji should honor reading these guys messages all of us in the 757 area f virginia an purchased off offer up
2018-9-15
Use props
IcantDo55
lvl.2
United States

Aerial Visions Posted at 2018-9-15 20:22
This is a serious situation dji should honor reading these guys messages all of us in the 757 area f virginia an purchased off offer up

Good luck man.  They have done Nothing for us!
When I made this thread I was told from DJI there was a police involvement and I have been asking for a case # or name of detective on it for months, DJI will not tell me anything.  I have the car and Licence plate of the couple that sold it to me and nobody seems to care.  Sad that they hung us out to dry like this.

2018-9-15
Use props
Aerial Visions
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-5 00:28
I understand your point and always recommended to purchase from the local authorized dealers to avoid the similar troubles.

that makes no sense people buy stuff all the time offline. these was brand new. yall put a lock on them we didn't know see i thought it would be a simple fix thats why i got it. i have several items used an brand new from dji. yall should see proof we purchased from someone we thought was honest an honor our hard earned money. we couldn't afford refurbished or new from yall. an yall doing insurance claim so theres no lost on yall end. i will continue to fight to get it unlock even if i have to make calls an get a lawyer. what yall doing i respect but if honest people coming to yall that got scammed yall should hold it against us once we prove it was a honets purchase
2018-9-16
Use props
Aerial Visions
lvl.1

IcantDo55 Posted at 2018-9-15 22:45
Good luck man.  They have done Nothing for us!
When I made this thread I was told from DJI there was a police involvement and I have been asking for a case # or name of detective on it for months, DJI will not tell me anything.  I have the car and Licence plate of the couple that sold it to me and nobody seems to care.  Sad that they hung us out to dry like this.

wow thats crazy. i have emails even the messages on offer up. i would be truly disappointed. i  have drones i purchased from dji an personal sellers also other equipment dji sale. so many people got there stuff in my area because of me referring dji i pray these people realize an let the lock off as long as we prove we didn't make this purchase knowing its stolen
2018-9-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Lachoy73 Posted at 2018-9-7 19:27
DJI staff, can you please check this SN as well OK1UF6100F01P4.  Getting same activation error 400 and just up the road from VA Beach.

Hello Lachoy73, sorry for the late response. Upon checking the SN, OK1UF6100F01P4 cannot be found in the system. But for 0K1UF6100F01P4, it can be tracked in the system and confirmed to be one of the stolen units, you may double check and confirm, sorry about this.
BTW, if you need one's attention, please click the reply button under one's message so that he/she can get the reminder and handle it timely, thanks!
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dalethrip Posted at 2018-8-13 01:48
I tried activation again this morning and was successful!  Must have been a server issue?

Hello dalethrip, I've checked your SN again, it is not in the list of stolen units, no worries.
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Aerial Visions Posted at 2018-9-16 11:40
that makes no sense people buy stuff all the time offline. these was brand new. yall put a lock on them we didn't know see i thought it would be a simple fix thats why i got it. i have several items used an brand new from dji. yall should see proof we purchased from someone we thought was honest an honor our hard earned money. we couldn't afford refurbished or new from yall. an yall doing insurance claim so theres no lost on yall end. i will continue to fight to get it unlock even if i have to make calls an get a lawyer. what yall doing i respect but if honest people coming to yall that got scammed yall should hold it against us once we prove it was a honets purchase

Hi Aerial Visions, I'm sorry to read about your experience, that's not what we want to see. There are also some online authorized stores, you may check here: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
As discussed above, DJI is also the victims in this kind of case, all info collected here will be forwarded to the police as well. Hope for your understanding.
online store.png
2018-9-18
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11844 ft
Greece

I have been following this thread and have to following comments to offer:  "Please contact the party who sold the drone to you for refund. Sorry for any inconvenience caused."  You have to be kidding me.  The girl that sold you stolen drones is not going to give you a refund.  She is a thief and thieves don't give refunds.  I am a former police officer.  If the ad is still running, you may want to get the local cops to set up a sting operation and see if they can arrest the jerk.  If she is prosecuted, as a victim, the court will order her to pay restitution to all victims.  If the ad is not running all of you are probably SOL.

A word of advice for the future, if it is too good to be true, it probably is not true.  Also caveat emptor - Buyer Beware.  I would never buy anything on these sites because most of the time there is a catch.
2018-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules