1388 10 2018-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Freiheitenwelt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 360692 ft
Mexico

Hi there,

since the last update my (I guess that's somehow the reason) my Mavic Air out of a sudden is drifting to the right. This is very bad in sport mode. Sometimes I think it's turning over.

Attached you will find a video that shows the flight and also the video from the app. (It's not perfectly synchron but you should get an idea.)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r5nvk ... Ba6CMqKA7pOmPa?dl=0

As a first solution I thought it's maybe the blades - so I changed it to another kid - but this wasn't the reason.

I already contacted DJI Support - hopping it can be fixed by software. I just got this one new since I lost my other drone....

Greetings Martin

(Maybe takes another while for the dropbox)

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-28 um 20.03.48.jpg

2018-7-28
Use props
Freiheitenwelt
lvl.2
Mexico

Nobody?  No idea?

Greetings
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the late response, I would suggest calibrating the IMU and compass of your drone. I strongly advise flying your aircraft in an open area as I noticed on your video that there are lots of interferences on current location.
2018-7-29
Use props
Freiheitenwelt
lvl.2
Mexico

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-29 15:50
Hi, sorry for the late response, I would suggest calibrating the IMU and compass of your drone. I strongly advise flying your aircraft in an open area as I noticed on your video that there are lots of interferences on current location.

Hi,

there was no interference at all. After this incident I was flying away 2200 KM... Behind this houses (which are all friends property) there is just open field.

Here you find another video. I was just flying straight in Standard mode. And like in the other video it seems to loos lifting on the propeller on the front left....

This is very strange... Wonder what support will tell me...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvqitb ... %20Air%202.m4v?dl=0

Greetings
2018-7-29
Use props
Freiheitenwelt
lvl.2
Mexico

P.s:   The compass I have to calibrate every time here in Mexiko.. But - well never calibrated the IMU... Will give it a try next flight...

;-)
2018-7-29
Use props
forager3215
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230951 ft

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-29 15:50
Hi, sorry for the late response, I would suggest calibrating the IMU and compass of your drone. I strongly advise flying your aircraft in an open area as I noticed on your video that there are lots of interferences on current location.

I have the same problem and mavic air will see if calibration of IMU helps

2018-7-29
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Ensure you put MA on flat surface immediately after power up. So it’s compass and IMU can warm up correctly. Don’t hold it on hand or put it up side down which will cause problem in the system initial process.
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Freiheitenwelt Posted at 2018-7-29 16:04
P.s:   The compass I have to calibrate every time here in Mexiko.. But - well never calibrated the IMU... Will give it a try next flight...

;-)

Hi, sorry for the late response. I would suggest changing the location as well after you've done with IMU and compass calibrations, for you to check if the aircraft will do the same scene.
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

forager3215 Posted at 2018-7-29 18:46
I have the same problem and mavic air will see if calibration of IMU helps

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, I would suggest doing a preflight checklist before flying your drone. You could check if the propellers are properly installed, calibrate the IMU and compass will help as well and before taking off the aircraft, please ensure that the environment is an open area and GPS signal should be strong enough.
2018-7-30
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3

What contol stick mode are you using?
2018-7-30
Use props
fans94f68c14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 716375 ft
Argentina

Hola. Mi nombre es Mauricio.
Yo pude solucionar el problema de deriva del drone. El problema, por lo menos en mi caso, era el RC. Lo que hice fue desarmarlo y quitar una cinta que DJI pega sobre los bornes de algún potenciómetro de alguno de los sticks. Hay que sacar el stick que esté causando problemas y verificar si no tiene pegada una cinta. Esa cinta probablemente inducía alguna continuidad entre los bornes del potenciómetro haciendo que funcione mal y cause la deriva. Quiten esa cinta y luego vuelvan a armar el RC. Verán que ya ocurre la deriva.
mauriciocruzdrones.com
2019-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules