16955 7 2018-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyFar
New

United States

Hi,

I have a Phantom 3 Pro and just upgraded:

1 - Drone Firmware to P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin -- I do have a Green light on the front of the Drone (Camera Status Indicator [7 in the manual]) - indicating a successful upgrade and the Text file confirmed it was upgraded.  Afterwards, I removed the P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin file from the SD Card.

2 - Drone Control Software:
       * iPad - Version 3.1.42
       * Android - Version 3.1.43

I also pushed the Reset button on the Drone to re-sync with the Remote Control (RC). And tried to re-Calibrate the Drone outdoors (spinning aroung 360 degrees 2X - once with Drone level, and once with it facing down).

Thr RC seems to connect (at least a little) to the Drone -- since I can move the Gimbal Dial [14 in the manual] and move the Gimbal up and down.  

Although, the light on the RC flashes Green / Red rapidly. I'm not sure if this flashing back & forth is normal now (I recall it being a solid Green on the RC when it connected to the Drone before) ?

Main Sticking Point: I am now getting 2 Solid Red Lights + Flashing Yellow lights on the Drone and cannot get a Camera pic nor even begin to connect fully and fly.

1 - Do I need to do any further upgrades to the RC ? (When I upgaded my iPad, that seemed to be doing an upgrade to the RC).

2 - What other Trouble-shooting Steps would be good at this point ?

Thank you kindly,
FlyFar
2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience and late response. Can you provide the firmware version of the remote controller?
2018-7-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Yes, it could be a controller/AC FW mismatch.  

The two solid red lights are on the front right?  They should be solid red.

The rear lamps are the lamps that are trying to communicate with you.  Rapid flashing yellow lamps in the rear tells you the AC doesn't sense a control signal.  They would behave the same if you started the AC with the controller off.  So I think I'd be sure your controller FW is updated and then try to bind again.  

Good luck
2018-7-29
Use props
fansa33e1fec
New

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-7-29 03:00
Yes, it could be a controller/AC FW mismatch.  

The two solid red lights are on the front right?  They should be solid red.

I have same issue with phantom 3 se. is there a way to update controller if i cant get the wifi to show up or connect to the app?
2019-9-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer

The SE is a little tricky.  Be sure your mobile device is set up so that it can receive both 5.8 ghz wifi and 2.4 ghz wifi.  See if your SE wifi signal shows up in the other band and if that doesn't solve your problem.  
2019-9-18
Use props
Art Rodriguez9
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-29 02:47
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience and late response. Can you provide the firmware version of the remote controller?

Mines having the same issue with blinking yellow lights, how can I fix it? Bought it used
2020-8-11
Use props
djiuser_WfnbrgJ
New

United States

My Phantom 3 Professional keeps failing when I try to update it to the newest FW.  I already updated the FW on the RC.  The RC says it is on the latest FW.  Please help.
2023-6-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Does it fly without the FW update?  I've never updated my FW.  "Firmware updated required" means FW update not required.  
2023-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules