Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Photos not saved as RAW
3023 6 2018-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Greyback
lvl.3
United States

I set my camera to RAW in settings but when I download the SD card to my PC they show as JPG. What happened? How do I get RAW images to save?

I am using a Mavic Air.
2018-7-29
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Normal still photo or are these photos taken from active track or similar?  You've checked the SD card with a file exporer and confirmed there are no DNGs on there?
2018-7-29
Use props
Greyback
lvl.3
United States

I am taking normal photos, well, stitched panoramas. File explorer shows all are JPG except one was  DNG.
2018-7-29
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Do you have it set for RAW+JPG or just RAW in the photo options on the drone?
Also, are you taking the SD card out and using a card reader or are you plugging the drone in via USB?

(Just trying to narrow things down here).
2018-7-29
Use props
Greyback
lvl.3
United States

I have it set to RAw only. I take the SD card out and plug it into a card reader.

Could it be that the stitched panoramas are processed as JPG?
2018-7-29
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

That i dont know - i do panoramas but its always a manual shot and manual stitch.  Simple test though, go fly and take normal photos that arent panoramas and test.Actually, doesn't even need to fly, can be done on the ground.
2018-7-29
Use props
Greyback
lvl.3
United States

I did some tests today and it seems that unstitched and single photos are saved as RAW. Only when drone stitches are they saved as JPG. Thanks for the input.
2018-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules