4250 6 2018-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OneGbps
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294022 ft
Netherlands

Dear DJI,

I am really like your drones, but update failed again.
After your repair, problem still exist! Last time you tried to help me but...

https://forum.dji.com/thread-115653-1-1.html

Please do not say any crazy ideas, like change the cable, change computer, charge batteries to 100% or connect to internet...

What happen this time:
After last repair, I was trying to avoid updates as much as possible. Unfortunately today I was so stupid to tried to updated again.

1) I am using computer win 10. Latest DJI assistance 1.2.4. Remote was updated to latest version: 1.04.0400
2) Once I tried to update drone, then it stuck on 36% percent! And I submit error.
3) Tried again. But it stuck again.
4) Then I tried to connect drone with remote control. And unfortunately unsuccessfully. I tried to bind controller, but also unsuccessful.

Then I tried to downgrade remote controller to V01.04.0300. Remote controller was downgraded. But I still cant connect to drone!

5) I tried to connect drone again to computer... And unfortunately DJI assistant cant see drone anymore!

Last time you repaired controller. But I am 100% sure that problem is drone, not a controller! Drone fails updates, not a controller!

As a result, I have drone, but I cant fly! My holidays again will be without drone!

Do you have any fast solution?

All my logs are there:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1gec0 ... 8pkdlTWKGvxF0a?dl=0

Regards,
Gediminas

2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry about what happened to your drone. I would like to ask if you're getting the same error while updating? if you're getting any error message, please advise us, did you try to update it with DJI GO 4 app?  I would suggest redownloading the application and restore factory defaults the aircraft then reupdate. Please keep us posted for further help.
2018-7-29
Use props
OneGbps
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi,

Finally I managed to updated my Mavic pro to latest firmware 1.04.0400!  
It took me to do that all day long until late night.
I still have to do test flight. Maybe tonight I will have time to do that.

After I wrote firs post, I calm down and my logic said that drone and RC supposed to be ok! From my work experience, some version of firmwares is a crap!  Not only DJI have this firmware problems. Even companies like CISCO/Extron/Kramer/HP/Dell have some issues on professional devices... Unfortunately, but DJI is far away from TOP level companies... And Drone users have to live with that!  
My IT logic is If device works perfect, do not upgrade, unless its security issues!

Any way, my procedure:
1) I downgrade remote control as much as I can by PC.  V01.04.0100. Once it was not able to connect to PC (I have no clue way?) I connected to my phone. Lucky me, phone was able to see RC!
2) Drone was unsuccessful downgraded to V01.04.0100. I did it by PC. Once drone was not accessible by PC, I tried few times to restart drone.  These unsuccessful updates (stops at 36%) happens all the time! It looks like half update done. And software says that you have version V01.04.0X00, but not really. Probably some components have other versions.
3) In my case Drone was completely  not accessible after I did this unsuccessfully downgrade to V01.04.0100. I event tried to remove SD card, and put it back. WIFI connection and ETC... By my understanding it should not affect drone at all, but...  Also I changed battery few times, to keep close to 100% of power before any action. I left drone ON for a while and started updating RC.
4) I updated RC by DJI GO 4 app to latest firmware: V01.04.0400. On the DJI GO4 app you can choose which firmware you would like to have on your RC. As I wrote before with RC I had less problems.
5) Once RC was updated to the latest firmware, then it connected to the drone!!! Lucky me! On the app was immediately  a message about different firmware's on RC and drone. I agreed to update.
6) It took a while (more than 10 min, less than 15 min). It failed on 92%.
7) I switch off drone. Changed  battery again to have 100% battery power. Restarted RC, and iPhone.
8) Started updating again by DJI GO 4 app. And lucky me! It finished with positive message! Drone have been updated!!!!

Conclusion:
Is not really normal, then updates is so complicated. I did some investigation on windows 10. It looks like sometimes drone and RC cant keep connection to USB.  Three different windows computers and OS:
1) Windows 10, 64b, - desktop
2) Windows 7, 64b,  - laptop
3) Windows 10, 64b, - laptop (latest windows 10 inside preview build).

My feeling and my quest is:
Problem is not a computer,not an operating system, not a cable! Its absolutely clear, that this is a drone firmware issues! Maybe SD card slot? Maybe if Drone is busy with SD card, and as a result you cant connect to PC? Or different updates have different logic on SD card? Once drone restart after some parts updates it takes to long to connect back to PC and as a result updating fails.
Probably next time I will put back in original SD card and I will format before updates.

My experience with DJI:
I am really like my Drone. Quality of pictures and videos is absolutely perfect! My flight experience is really good. I don't mind to pay for my next drone 100-200 euros extra if that money would go to software developers and testers!

About error codes: I always sending fail report to DJI. I hope that software developers can read it. It would be really nice, if firmware update would give more info to the end user. Like example:
1) How many component on the drone.
2) What FW version of each of it.
3) Update process. Which component have been updated, which failed!

Regards,
Gediminas
2018-7-30
Use props
OneGbps
lvl.1
Netherlands

Dear DJI,

My drone MAVIC PRO.
Problem still exist... I CANT UPDATE the drone and I CANT fly! Sometimes I can connect remote controller to the drone, sometimes not! It's really annoying situation. You want fly, and you cant! You go home, and then everything is okay. Wy i should take my drone on holidays, if I cant fly!

Do you have any solution for that?
I tried everything! Laptop, tablet, iphone, samsung (android) etc...
UPDATES failing! No discussion!
I dont understand, that no reaction from DJI at all. What I should do?

Regards,
Gediminas
2019-01-27-error1(36%).PNG
2019-1-27
Use props
OneGbps
lvl.1
Netherlands

Dear DJi,

IS NOT OKAY! I CANT FLY! This is a facts:

1) After replacement remote controller a year ago, my drone and remote controller sometimes have connection sometimes not!
2) Updates are not working at all... Unless I spend days on that, and restarting so many times... See my previous posts.

Current situation are:
My drone is not able to connect to PC and as I mentioned before: remote controller is not able to see drone at all.
Remote controller and phone has connection.
My drone failed updated to the latest FW version.

And you think, that this situation is okay???

P.S.
Today is nice day, and I have to sit at home and try to fix the drone... I don't need drone at 6.00PM, I would like to fly now....

Regards,
Gediminas
2019-1-27
Use props
OneGbps
lvl.1
Netherlands

Drone situation is:

Battery 100%.
It is on. Remote controller not able to see drone.
Computer on USB cable CANT see the drone. Computer able to see drone for 1 second an then disconnecting again. Connecting and disconnecting, connecting and disconnecting, connecting and disconnecting, connecting and disconnecting, connecting and disconnecting....

This is normal?
P.S.
Cable is ok, computer is ok. USB port is ok.
I just connected on the same cable to the same USB port to the same computer DJI remote controller.

IT IS CLEAR: drone is not OKAY! Any solution in this case?
1) How to reset drone without computer?
2) Where is another way to connect to the drone?

Regards,
Gediminas
2019-1-27
Use props
OneGbps
lvl.1
Netherlands

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 1-27 06:53
Try and open up assistant on pc , then plug usb into drone then into pc. Plug phone into remote. Power on phone and remote then turn on aircraft and see what happens. If you can get assistant to work and reconize you should be able to reset. Keep us posted

Please do not reply to my post, if you have no clue that it's about.
2019-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules