Ipad overheating
1977 10 2018-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MikePhoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 216608 ft
Italy

Good evening, I'm using my inspire2 whit Ipad mini4 and updated to all firewalls, lately overheating up and creates a lot of Glich and lag. Can it be because we're in summer and it s very hot? That it's the cable? Help me please
2018-7-29
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

There's a huge thread on here discussing CPU overload which happens usually when it's really hot outside.  This issue has been going on for well over a year with no real answers.  It all started when DJI began stuffing too much code into the DJI 4  app causing people's iPads, iPhones, Androids or whetever else we use to overun the CPU and make the tablets and phones overheat.  The ipads can usually take the load in cooler weather, but in the summer, the extra heat is just too much to handle.  DJI's answer has seemed to be spend more money and buy our Crystal Sky (which I've seen multiple reports that they burn out after a few uses.)  I've used the same iPad for years and didn't have any issues until last year after a DJI 4 update.  Since then, the weather has had a major factor in whether or not the ipad works correctly when using the DJI 4 app.  I eventually was able to swap iPads with my boss who had a newer iPad Pro.  So far, that one has stayed running in hot weather.
2018-7-29
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Here's the link.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-100636-1-2.html
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, I would suggest clearing all other application that is not necessary to use when using our application and the environment can be added to that heat especially when the sun reflects on your device, this may affect the performance of your mobile device as well.
2018-7-29
Use props
MikePhoto
lvl.3
Italy

Thank you very much for your answer. Normally I turn off all applications except wifi I use hotspot for maps
2018-7-29
Use props
MikePhoto
lvl.3
Italy

Blackwood Posted at 2018-7-29 11:51
There's a huge thread on here discussing CPU overload which happens usually when it's really hot outside.  This issue has been going on for well over a year with no real answers.  It all started when DJI began stuffing too much code into the DJI 4  app causing people's iPads, iPhones, Androids or whetever else we use to overun the CPU and make the tablets and phones overheat.  The ipads can usually take the load in cooler weather, but in the summer, the extra heat is just too much to handle.  DJI's answer has seemed to be spend more money and buy our Crystal Sky (which I've seen multiple reports that they burn out after a few uses.)  I've used the same iPad for years and didn't have any issues until last year after a DJI 4 update.  Since then, the weather has had a major factor in whether or not the ipad works correctly when using the DJI 4 app.  I eventually was able to swap iPads with my boss who had a newer iPad Pro.  So far, that one has stayed running in hot weather.

Thank you very much for your answer. So, I suggest you move on to Ipad 9.7 or 10.5?
2018-7-29
Use props
dpeagle
lvl.4
United States

before you go out and replace your mini 4 try installing a hood on it. i use a galaxy tab s3 that gives me overheating warnings on hot sunny days , once i install the hood the warnings go away. i would suggest a hoodman or one of these (https://www.ebay.com/p/Favrison- ... 47675.c100005.m1851)
2018-7-29
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The A8 processor is a bit slow for the GO 4 Program. Another tip is to keep the Mini 4 out of the Sun and shut it down during your battery changes. You may want to consider a Crystal Sky. They handle the  heat very well and are much easier to view.
2018-7-29
Use props
DaBone
lvl.3

Sweden

I got overheat all the time with my iPad 4 and iPad 4 mini with my I2 and that i cold weather. Now I have an iPad Pro 10.5 and flying in +32C without any problems.
2018-7-30
Use props
MikePhoto
lvl.3
Italy

Thank you for your kind info
2018-7-31
Use props
Tiana
lvl.2

United States

Hello, to fix your iPad overheating, you could try force restarting your device first. Or you could directly use the ios repair tool as TunesKit has succeeded in dealing with iPhone overheating before. And it can also resolve your iPad overheating without any data loss.
2021-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules