Black and White lines on screen video
9155 7 2018-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7115740a
lvl.1
New Zealand

Hello Support,
Just using my Osmo+ for the first time in a while and am getting black and white lines on the screen of my iphone in certain bright light situations.
Please take a look at the attached photos.
Has anyone else experienced this?
thanks
jake
IMG_3119.jpg
IMG_3115.jpg
IMG_3117.jpg
IMG_3118.jpg
IMG_3116.jpg
2018-7-29
Use props
AdZaM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Hi,

What you are seeing is over exposure lines often referred to as Zebra Lines. Meaning there is no color information in those areas, Zebra Lines show on pure White.

They will not show on the recorded video or photo. They will only be visible on the preview screen.

You can turn this of in the menu / settings I think its called Over Exposure Warning.

If camera is in Manual then reduce the ISO, Increase Shutter Speed accordingly to obtain the correct exposure.
If in Auto, Click on the Green Square top left of screen, you will see a yellow circle with a point, This indicates Exposure setting. Click on screen in bright area (Such as Sky) this will then attempt to correct the overal exposure. Clicking on the yellow circle top left will return the setting to Focus point for you to then select your focus area.

2018-7-30
Use props
fans7115740a
lvl.1
New Zealand

AdZaM Posted at 2018-7-30 00:24
Hi,

What you are seeing is over exposure lines often referred to as Zebra Lines. Meaning there is no color information in those areas, Zebra Lines show on pure White.

Hello AdZam,
Thanks so much for your detailed response, its very helpful as i've only spent a couple of hours using the Osmo to date, so am still getting to grips with the settings and features, and after i'd had an out of box failure with the servos that control the focus lens, i automatically assumed the worse and that something may be broken.
Appreciate the fast answer.
Cheers
Jake
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Is this showing only in the live view or is it also reflecting in the pictures/videos you recorded?
2018-7-30
Use props
Dave E Drones
lvl.1
United States

I recently encountered a p4p that had this issues that was showing on the file after importing to the computer. What might be the cause of vertical lines in the files highlights only?
2020-2-13
Use props
Yiliayoung
lvl.3

China

My device also suffers from a similar issue and there are vertical lines on iPhone screen.
Some ways collected to try are force restart, clean the screen, update iOS, fix iPhone or ask Apple for support.
Hope it's of help to you.
2020-3-15
Use props
fans5b5cea02
New
Flight distance : 240732 ft
United Kingdom

fans7115740a Posted at 2018-7-30 00:55
Hello AdZam,
Thanks so much for your detailed response, its very helpful as i've only spent a couple of hours using the Osmo to date, so am still getting to grips with the settings and features, and after i'd had an out of box failure with the servos that control the focus lens, i automatically assumed the worse and that something may be broken.
Appreciate the fast answer.

I had the exact same question,  brilliant response, thanks guys.... Allan
2021-5-15
Use props
AlisaJ21
lvl.2

India

fans5b5cea02 Posted at 2021-5-15 01:48
I had the exact same question,  brilliant response, thanks guys.... Allan

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by showing green or white lines on your iPhone screen can be caused by either software glitches or hardware problems. Here's how to approach the issue:-
1. Software Glitch:- A minor software issue might be causing the lines to appear.
2. Hardware Damage:- Physical damage from drops, liquid exposure, or faulty internal components can cause display issues like lines.
3. Force Restart:- A force restart can clear temporary glitches. The method depends on your iPhone model. Search online for "force restart iPhone [your model]" for specific instructions.
4. Update iOS:- Outdated software can sometimes cause display problems. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and install any available updates.
5. Reset All Settings:- This resets all your wallpapers, Wi-Fi passwords, Bluetooth connections, etc. Be prepared to re-configure your settings afterward. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.  More assistance below.
e
3-8 00:11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules