1645 31 2018-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Varvaroi Gabriel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 269738 ft
Greece

Hello,
So, my first problem with the spark appeated.
I was trying to make a 360 and the gimbal motor overload appear. Since im at the sea i though there is sand at the gimbal, even though i had a lot of care. I have read all posts related to this problem and i start appying some potential solution. So i blow a few times and try again And it worked...for a few minutes then warning appear agained. I said maybe is a mechanical problem with the gimbal, but i strange because sometimes works for minutes then suddently is strunggling again. So i am not sure what to do next. It will help if i do a firware refresh?
And another question, if there is no dji services in my country how i should do to send it back? I bought it new and activated from a friend who brought it from another country
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Varvaroi, we're sorry to read the issue. Please try to connect with DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware and see whether it helps. If not, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis.
Also, may I know what's your current location and where did you purchase it? It will be better to offer the aircraft SN and purchase invoice for further check, thanks!
2018-7-29
Use props
Varvaroi Gabriel
lvl.3
Greece

Hello, from Romania
2018-7-29
Use props
Varvaroi Gabriel
lvl.3
Romania

Thanks for the response. So i am from Romania and the drone i bought sealed from a friend. The
SN: 0ASDE7C0A1003R
2018-7-29
Use props
Harry Moman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 311240 ft
Australia

Dont exspect it to work to well in sports mode ,  They are so sensitive !!!!
2018-7-30
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

Harry Moman Posted at 2018-7-30 02:26
Dont exspect it to work to well in sports mode ,  They are so sensitive !!!!

Panos are not allowed in Sports Mode anyway.
2018-7-30
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
  • >>>

Varvaroi Gabriel Posted at 2018-7-29 22:26
Thanks for the response. So i am from Romania and the drone i bought sealed from a friend. The
SN: 0ASDE7C0A1003R

I just have to ask, you are not using any ND Lens Filters are you?
2018-7-30
Use props
Varvaroi Gabriel
lvl.3
Romania

Hello, i never used any filters or attachem something by the gimbal. It happen after i installed hangar on iphone and put spark to make a 360. That why i hope to be a software bug and not something hardware. Now im in vacation but when i will return home i will try to re-soft it and i hope it will work. I see a lot of people complain about this problem..if you do a simple search on google
2018-7-30
Use props
Varvaroi Gabriel
lvl.3
Romania

@DJI Susan it is not clear to me and i cannot find how the warranty works. I have unsealed and activated the dji spark few month ago but i do not have any invoice. So my question is ... i need some invoice or i have warranty for the product like you do with the iphones? And where can i check the status of it?
2018-7-30
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

OK, the admins will say 3rd party apps are not supported by DJI
Please try using DJI GO 4 app and do a test tilt then post it here.
That is the only way we can tell if it is your Spark or something else.
2018-7-30
Use props
Varvaroi Gabriel
lvl.3
Romania

So the problem appear when i used that application but after that i have unistall it and used the dji application but the problem appear
2018-7-30
Use props
Varvaroi Gabriel
lvl.3
Romania

Varvaroi Gabriel Posted at 2018-7-30 05:35
So the problem appear when i used that application but after that i have unistall it and used the dji application but the problem appear

So the problem appear first when i used that application (maybe a coincidence?) but after that i have unistall it and used only the dji application but the problem wont dissapear. Works ok for few minutes then that warning appear with gimbal motor overload :-(
2018-7-30
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Varvaroi Gabriel Posted at 2018-7-30 04:20
Hello, i never used any filters or attachem something by the gimbal. It happen after i installed hangar on iphone and put spark to make a 360. That why i hope to be a software bug and not something hardware. Now im in vacation but when i will return home i will try to re-soft it and i hope it will work. I see a lot of people complain about this problem..if you do a simple search on google

And how is it going with the DJI Go4?
2018-7-30
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Varvaroi Gabriel Posted at 2018-7-30 05:39
So the problem appear first when i used that application (maybe a coincidence?) but after that i have unistall it and used only the dji application but the problem wont dissapear. Works ok for few minutes then that warning appear with gimbal motor overload :-(

ok, sry, saw that to late.
Do you have a computer around, with DJI Assistant 2? Reset to factory for a try.
Reinstall fw
2018-7-30
Use props
Varvaroi Gabriel
lvl.3
Romania

Im in vacation i dont have a computer...i will try when i will arrive home.
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Varvaroi Gabriel Posted at 2018-7-30 04:28
@DJI Susan it is not clear to me and i cannot find how the warranty works. I have unsealed and activated the dji spark few month ago but i do not have any invoice. So my question is ... i need some invoice or i have warranty for the product like you do with the iphones? And where can i check the status of it?

Hi, thanks for the response. The warranty will work depending the location where you purchase the drone, if ever that you bought from our store, once you send it in with our repair facility and received on our end, our team will conduct the damage assessment then if there will be no pilot user error envolve and the drone is within the warranty you should be covered by this, however, you have to a have a proof of purchase as well so that our team can determine if the unit is within the warranty. Thank you.
2018-7-30
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Varvaroi Gabriel Posted at 2018-7-30 06:38
Im in vacation i dont have a computer...i will try when i will arrive home.

I tried a couple of times on a spark i Fixed, when it was bumped or crashed and the gimbal was hit, that on rear of gimbal, opposite where the wires go inside, there is a small plastic shielding, that shifted ever so slight, and made sparadic overload errors, i just had to slide it outwards, and the gimbal moved freely again.... How does the gimbal move by hand when it is powered OFF. ? It should move freely with no binding whatsoever
2018-7-30
Use props
Varvaroi Gabriel
lvl.3
Romania

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-7-30 20:04
I tried a couple of times on a spark i Fixed, when it was bumped or crashed and the gimbal was hit, that on rear of gimbal, opposite where the wires go inside, there is a small plastic shielding, that shifted ever so slight, and made sparadic overload errors, i just had to slide it outwards, and the gimbal moved freely again.... How does the gimbal move by hand when it is powered OFF. ? It should move freely with no binding whatsoever

Thanks  very much for the suggestion. I will give it a try after i will try with firmware refresh. Anyway if i try to move the gimbal with my hand it seems thst dont have any restrictions. And i did not crash it.
2018-7-30
Use props
Varvaroi Gabriel
lvl.3
Romania

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-30 14:12
Hi, thanks for the response. The warranty will work depending the location where you purchase the drone, if ever that you bought from our store, once you send it in with our repair facility and received on our end, our team will conduct the damage assessment then if there will be no pilot user error envolve and the drone is within the warranty you should be covered by this, however, you have to a have a proof of purchase as well so that our team can determine if the unit is within the warranty. Thank you.

Hello DJI Tony, thanks for response. So no warranty if  no invoice. I though that DJI know the warranty period since is asking to activate the product when you received it. Have a nice day!
2018-7-30
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Varvaroi Gabriel Posted at 2018-7-30 21:39
Hello DJI Tony, thanks for response. So no warranty if  no invoice. I though that DJI know the warranty period since is asking to activate the product when you received it. Have a nice day!

You usually just need to know, WHEN the bird was bought.
after all, "we" (you) are in the EU
Or minimum, if the manufacturing date is less than a year ago.
(which isn't : Model: Spark, build on: 12. July 2017, so .....)

Of course, it should be bought (sold) in your country, you have ask your "friend"
("So i am from Romania and the drone i bought sealed from a friend"):
Where and when he got (found"?) that sealed box without an invoice.
(sorry for being sarcastic, here. Have seen to much already, methinks)

But anyway: moving the gimbal with the Spark and no battery, after checking the backside (Like Joller..DK mentioned), is a good idea.
And in case you can't find / "feel" something and it is moving freely but you don't wanna spend money for repairing:
The one or the other very little "puff" of WD40 or similar may get you a another option.
Just be carefull, in case ....!
2018-7-30
Use props
Varvaroi Gabriel
lvl.3
Greece

Thanks a lot for clarification!!!
2018-7-31
Use props
Varvaroi Gabriel
lvl.3
Romania

But isnt the purpose of activation to start the one year warranty?
The drone is not like food to get rooten is just stay sealed somewhere right?
2018-7-31
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Varvaroi Gabriel Posted at 2018-7-31 01:57
But isnt the purpose of activation to start the one year warranty?
The drone is not like food to get rooten is just stay sealed somewhere right?

You have a point there.
Just how do you prove the activation date?
Also for a "no bill scenario" there is the question: where was this Spark bought.
In China, Europe, Middle East, ...?
Warranty only in the country, it was meant for!
Or : where should it have been sold, usually?
Just saying, a 700 Euro piece does not fall from trees without a receipt!
Of course a drone can fall from a tree, just not with the unopened box!

In case your friend bought it somewhere close by, there should be a clarification/receipt possible, methinks
2018-7-31
Use props
Varvaroi Gabriel
lvl.3
Romania

Now i understant how it works. Ok, thanks for all the informations. I will first try to simplest solutions you guys suggested and if it doesnt work i will try sending to dji to be repair by paying. This is possible, right?
2018-7-31
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

-if it doesnt work i will try sending to dji to be repair by paying. This is possible, right?-
That is always possible, yes and of course.
2018-7-31
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

When they asked me for proof of purchase, I sent them a picture of the bar codes
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Varvaroi Gabriel Posted at 2018-7-30 21:39

Hi, thanks for the response, activation date can be used for our team to have a basis for how long do you have the unit because even you already received it a couple of months ago or a year, you can still activate your DJI product, however, our warranty policy will start from the day that you received the unit and that's the reason why you need to provide the proof of purchase.
2018-7-31
Use props
Varvaroi Gabriel
lvl.3
Greece

Understood. Thanks!
2018-7-31
Use props
Varvaroi Gabriel
lvl.3

Hello everyone. So, i have manage to solve the problem. No more gimbal motor overload.
When i arrived home i went and buy a compress air spray and a wd-40  spray.  
First i have used the compress spray around the gimbal.
Secondly i have gently pull the gimbal supports side ways. Repetitively ( but gentle)Later edit: I have pull them only a liitle. I did not took out the gimbal or something. Only to make a little space to can spray

Third i have spray a little wd-40 after i pull the gimal support side ways. ( a little)
Dont know exactly which one of these 3 solve the problems.
Now its works without problems, i have discahrge already 2 batteries  and im on my way to discharge the 3rd one. . Seems it was some sand or something in the gimbal, but is curious that sometimes was ok and moving the gimbal with the hand did not feel a movement resistance.  But sometimes when the warning appear there was also a little movement reistence from the gimbal.

2018-8-2
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Good, so you did it carefully.
Have enjoyable flights!
2018-8-2
Use props
Varvaroi Gabriel
lvl.3
Romania

Thanks for infos!!
2018-8-2
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Your feedback, however, is also a useful info!

2018-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules