DJI GO Import problem IOS
2434 16 2018-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jojo-MavicPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74213 ft
Italy

DJI GO on IOS doesnt seem to support a larger amount of raw images.

Im currently abroad but cant backup my images anymore using IPAD and DJI GO

having more then 1000 images on the SD CARD the app doesnt import any more images to the iPad .

Earlier when there where only 200-300 it was struggling.

The app crashed, disconnected , doesnt display any images added when done.

This is crucial to be working since the IPad is the main backup source for many iOS users.

This needs to be adressed urgently.

To repro , add a 1000 raw images on to the sd card , try import these to the iPad using the method of having drone and rc on with the iPad connected to the rc.

The images are from Mavic in 8bit raw.

Can someone at DJI confirm this would be great as a first step.
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Jojo, thanks for reaching us. I'll double check with our engineers and come back later. Appreciate your patience.
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Update: Jojo, sorry for keeping you waiting. Could you refer below and export the crash log for analysis? Please kindly send us the log, our engineers would like to check the exact status, thanks!
1. Connect the iOS device to PC with USB cable.
2. Open the Itunes.
3. Click your device name by right-hand button "synchronization"
4. You can click here to skip the back-up step .
5. When you finish the "synchronization", check this address, find the crash log file.
C:\Users\[Your_User_Name]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\
[Your_Device_Name]\
backup.png
2018-7-31
Use props
Hallmark001
lvl.4
Italy

Hi and thanks for getting back.
Right now Im abroad and dont have access to my pc and ITunes.
I would recomend filling an sd card with raw files and try to sync them to an IPad in this case Air2.
You will then notice the issues with many files and thumbnails not created. When connected I choose import SD card when no new photos where added from the daily shoot. I managed to get them over after several tries and restarting drone , iPad etc. It seem to be the quantity thats causes the problem.
If possible an option not to sync already added files might be good, not to have to rewrite all files already moved to Ipad. Also some sort of progress bar would be a great addition to keep you informered about progress.
2018-7-31
Use props
Hallmark001
lvl.4
Italy

Just to confirm again, after having new 800 photos added now its seem impossible to get the photos over to the iPad . The iPad has lots of mem left. All the DJI go app is doing is the spinning wheel and then to get disconection error.
Im on to my 7th time now trying again. So as is right now I cant really fly anymore because I cant backup and dont want to risk loosing 2 weeks of work abroad.
2018-8-1
Use props
Hallmark001
lvl.4
Italy

Its prob around 5000 images in raw
2018-8-1
Use props
Hallmark001
lvl.4
Italy

The crash log is redundant since it obviously cant handle the amount of photos which makes the drone usage not good for mapping.
So its critical to get this fixed asap.
I dont know of any other way of backing up now and as mention before dont have access to my stationery pc. Any suggestion on how I can solve this on site is mostly welcome.
2018-8-1
Use props
Hallmark001
lvl.4
Italy

Meaning . Dont wait for the log before starting bug fixing.
2018-8-1
Use props
Hallmark001
lvl.4
Italy

So , i had to give up. Been trying to import images with a fully charged battery on the drone to empty without any success of getting the images over to the iPad . Its pretty clear it cant handle the amount of images and was only tested with video files I suppose. Please get back to me with information how this can be worked around at the moment.
2018-8-1
Use props
Hallmark001
lvl.4
Italy

Can I buy a new memory card and DJI would stand for the cost ?
2018-8-1
Use props
flyforfun
lvl.1

Ukraine

omg...
Guys, seems you have to try 'Sync for DJI' app. This app allows you to download recorded images and videos just by few taps without any quality losing. I found this app for iOS https://itunes.apple.com/ua/app/sync-for-dji/id1255799480?mt=8 .  
After a flight, I open this app, it automatically connects to my drone. I select images and video and tap on download or share button. The app works with Wi-Fi and connected RC. Also, I use it for my OSMO + too.
2018-8-2
Use props
markin
New

India

The problem with ios is not only for the DJI but it is also having with me as well. My problem is that my printer not getting connected with the iPhone, so I asked https://babasupport.org/printer/printer-repair-dubai/ to solve the issue and what I got the result that the problem is from the ios side because it is also happening on the import from the ios. The issue has to be resolved.
2018-8-2
Use props
Hallmark001
lvl.4
Italy

Thanks for the tips , but the amount of images didnt seem to load with the app sync. I waited about 10min without any success.
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hallmark001 Posted at 2018-8-2 15:45
Thanks for the tips , but the amount of images didnt seem to load with the app sync. I waited about 10min without any success.

Thanks for getting back to us. Currently, I'm afraid that it is hard to tell the exact status without the crash log. You may copy the files to PC or cloud service to save and solve this temporarily. When you return to home, please kindly provide the log at your earliest convenience, we'd like to look into the exact status, thanks so much!
2018-8-3
Use props
Hallmark001
lvl.4
Italy

Hi , I think you missundwrstand the problem. The problems is that I cant transfer files from the drone to the iPad . Just sometimes the app crashes when trying to get the app to respond. Often it doesnt crash. So thats just a side note. I want to be able to copy 5000+ raw images from the drone sd card to the iPad using DJI go , thats the bug and the problem. The crash is something else. So the crashdump wont tell you why the app cant handle wast amount of images. That you need to test yourself. I explained a 100% repro for you to try out. First then you will see what the problem is.
So , fill a SD card with raw images , lets say 5000 images. Then try to get thoose over to the IPad .
Then you will notice what DJI go App have problems with. If you try to change menus in DJI Go app when thats done and you will notice that it hasnt moved all the files over to the iPad , then the can crash sometimes or need to be restarted.
I cant provide you with any more clear information .
Im using latest version of DJI GO app on IPad Air2, and are trying to move images from Mavic Pro drone.

When you tested this, please get back to me with information .
Later on I can offcourse provide you with the crashlog. But that more UI related , and I repeat that this doesnt have anything to do with why all the images cant be transfered.
2018-8-3
Use props
Hallmark001
lvl.4
Italy

So the bug is ” 5000 raw images cant be transfered from Mavic Pro to IPad Air 2 using DJI GO. ”
2018-8-3
Use props
Hallmark001
lvl.4
Italy

To , add no flightdata is beeing updates anymore when I run into the image transfer problem . New flight data doesnt update anymore.
Wounder if the app just cant do anything more once it reach the limit of images. So if thats the case the app is now useless to use untill I can remove images backed up. Which I cant. This is so frustrating.
Cant belive how this app can have problem with images since its designed to do just that. What if I had 50k images from large aerial mapping. Understand that you probably arent interrested fixing this since common user on take 100 photos at the most. Maybe in 5 years this can be fixed ? Time will tell, but my DJI experience is so frustrating. The app is the hub for all your drones . It should be of super high priority to make this work. Isnt there a way of submitting bugs to DJI? So tired of trying to explain here on the forum. Its not very effective and take to much time. When I get home I will sell my DJI DRONE . I will look for other solutions. Its junk.
2018-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules