My I1 won't go into travel mode?
5272 11 2015-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cravac
lvl.3
United States

Hi,
Had an awesome flight today, took off from a boat and shot some WakeSurfing.
Ran a full battery down, stopped the boat and had a great landing on the deck.
After landing, couldn't get her to go into travel mode, tried my routing first, flipping the switch on the tx as I normally do, but she would go right into gear up, past travel.
Tried this multiple times and it wouldn't stop in travel.
then I hooked my ipad back up to tx and tried it with the 'Enter Travel Mode' on the app, same story.
Finally just pulled the battery when it was in the right position as it was lowering legs so I could case it to continue on our day.
I'm home now and will try, just wondering if anyone has any tips or something I should look out for?
Thanks
2015-5-23
Use props
cravac
lvl.3
United States

So, I just tried at home, same battery as flight, no iPad, just tx and had no problem
went straight to travel mode
Could the motion of the boat have something to do with it?
Will update if I have any more issues.
I love this thing!!
2015-5-23
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same thing here since new update I think I will pull my battery mid retract and see what happens . In my case I have contacted DJI and am waiting response from the US affiliates.
2015-5-23
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

cravac Posted at 2015-5-24 08:26
So, I just tried at home, same battery as flight, no iPad, just tx and had no problem
went straight  ...

I just tried pulling the battery (hoping for a reset)- That didn't help because after putting it back in the bird it just went back to flight mode and retracted to gimbal attach mode so while raising it again I once again pulled the battery
At least I can now ship the thing in it's original case because I was wondering how I was gonna pack this thing while it was in any other mode than travel mode.  
2015-5-23
Use props
DCGOO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 960564 ft
United States

Couple of things (because you did not say).  

The bird will only go in to travel mode if it sitting on a hard surface, such as pavement, a table or desk.  It often fails if it is on a soft surface such as carpet. It uses VPS to determine the height above that hard surface.   So this means, it will not go in to travel mode if you are holding above the ground.  And of course, it will not work if the camera is attached.
2015-5-24
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

EDIT: What DCGOO said above.

Really a very bad idea to pull the battery while the inspire is powered up.  It is like switching off a PC without shutting it down.  You may get away with it a few times, but one day it will catch you out and you may find yourself with a bricked inspire.  When selecting travel mode, there are 2 main reasons why it will not stop in the correct position.
1)  The surface that you are transforming on, needs to be smooth and offer no resistance to the landing gear as it slides along during the retract sequence
2)  The transforming sequence uses the vision position system to get the correct distance and thus the correct boom angle to stop at travel mode.  Some surfaces seem to confuse the VPS

If you are having trouble getting into travel mode, I would suggest that you look for an alternative smooth surface that works well with the VPS and offers no frictional resistance to the landing gear.

Hope this helps.

Jason
2015-5-24
Use props
f1
lvl.2

United States

Were you trying to do the transition with the camera on?
2015-5-24
Use props
cravac
lvl.3
United States

DCGOO Posted at 2015-5-24 20:55
Couple of things (because you did not say).  

The bird will only go in to travel mode if it sitting ...

Thanks DCGOO, i was holding it off the boat surface to transform, makes sense that it was the VPS
2015-5-24
Use props
cravac
lvl.3
United States

Ph02on Posted at 2015-5-24 22:01
EDIT: What DCGOO said above.

Really a very bad idea to pull the battery while the inspire is powere ...

Noted, I didn't want to do this at all, but wasn't sure what else to do, will be the last time that happens unless a real emergency arises
2015-5-24
Use props
cravac
lvl.3
United States

f1@frankschaffe Posted at 2015-5-24 22:04
Were you trying to do the transition with the camera on?

No, gimbal off, it must've been the VPS
2015-5-24
Use props
bmills
New

United States

Make sure you are on solid surface near ground level.  We tried even on carpet and it wouldn't go into travel mode.  Once on a coffee table made of glass was good to go.  

2015-9-3
Use props
josh
New

United States

Yeah we had this issue the other day too... I changed nearly every setting in my config to try to get back to factory fearing I had something wrong in the settings. Finally got tired of holding it, so sat it down and immediately worked. I do believe it's an issue where it needs to be sitting on the ground (hard surface).
2015-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules