Pano Mode full quality
1060 12 2018-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BroMiCs
lvl.1
Canada

So I think I may be confused about something. When I take pictures in pano mode and stitch them together in the DJi Go 4 app, it seems to be a very small file size and the quality is very poor.
When you take a single picture, it gives you the option of downloading the original file, which is 4-8 meg and the quality is exremly good.  Is there a way to get the same quality out of the pano mode?  

I am pretty sure I had tried to take the raw images off the sd card and stitch them together with photo shop, but it was unable to put them togther properly. I am using the Horiz mode for taking the pictures.
2018-7-30
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

use hugin or microsoft image composition editor to stitch your panorama images from the sd card. both are free, easiest is microsoft image composition editor.
and don't forget to show us your results :-)
2018-7-30
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

Hello Bro,
You can take the original photos from the SD card and stitch them on lightroom or Microsoft ICE. The ICE is a free software but sometimes it stitches with a few errors. Nothing  severe.
2018-7-30
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Do it in the app just for interneting it quickly!

All other stitching do at the computer at home.

I get 360's in 20.000x20.000 out of it
2018-7-30
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

BrilhasMuito Posted at 2018-7-30 09:11
Hello Bro,
You can take the original photos from the SD card and stitch them on lightroom or Microsoft ICE. The ICE is a free software but sometimes it stitches with a few errors. Nothing  severe.

The errors are mostly b/c of wind moving between picture one and 46
But you can sometimes get a little different result by stitching it again, surprisingly!
2018-7-30
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Brazil

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-30 09:32
The errors are mostly b/c of wind moving between picture one and 46
But you can sometimes get a little different result by stitching it again, surprisingly!

https://forum.dji.com/thread-154651-1-1.html
The photo in this link was stitched in lightroom b/c the ICE couldnt get the field lines aligned. I tried at least 3 times.
The ICE is way easier and gives you more stitching options but sometimes it just cant get it right.  
2018-7-30
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

Intresting that the stiched together version is not as good. I have been uploading them that.. DJI go, to theta, to google street view... I guess I should try it the real way fro mmym MacBook and see how they look.
2018-7-30
Use props
BroMiCs
lvl.1
Canada

I just tried again in PS and got awful results. Here is the stitched image from PS
2018-7-30
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Brazil

BroMiCs Posted at 2018-7-30 14:02
I just tried again in PS and got awful results. Here is the stitched image from PS
[view_image]

its not awful. You gotta crop it!
2018-7-30
Use props
BroMiCs
lvl.1
Canada

BrilhasMuito Posted at 2018-7-30 14:16
its not awful. You gotta crop it!

no no its awful, the road just stops and turns to trees... thats not what it actually looks like.
The images are all over the place...

Here is the verson that was stitched together in the app..

2018-7-30
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Brazil

BroMiCs Posted at 2018-7-30 14:20
no no its awful, the road just stops and turns to trees... thats not what it actually looks like.
The images are all over the place...

Ok. Alright!
Now I see. Thats awful!
I have never stitched in PS so I cant find a solution to you besides the lightroom I already mentioned.
2018-7-30
Use props
BroMiCs
lvl.1
Canada

BrilhasMuito Posted at 2018-7-30 14:25
Ok. Alright!
Now I see. Thats awful!
I have never stitched in PS so I cant find a solution to you besides the lightroom I already mentioned.

so.. I decided to try and stitch the photos with Light room, I did it once, and the photo wasnt much better. Went to try a different one, and now every time I click on merg photo, it freezes the program. I tried restarting windows 3 times with no luck...
2018-7-30
Use props
BroMiCs
lvl.1
Canada

So I used ICE and it was 100% better.. kinda sad that i can't use PS or LR to do it as it creates an extra step, but here is one of my fav shots. After runing her through lightroom.
2018-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules