Unexpected Vision+ Assistant Software Shutdown
2196 7 2014-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
globaleyes2
New

Canada

Everything WAS working fine. I waited a few days for the bugs to be worked out of the new Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software (Mac). Installed it (v3.6). When I tried to update the Phantom Firmware, the process completed to the point where it said "Please power cycle the Phantom" (or something along those lines). So I did. Then the Assistant Software program "Closed Unexpectedly". After that, the program would continue to open however, as soon as I attach and start up the Phantom, the program crashes.

I tried everything: re-boot computer, install previous version of Assistant software (it crashed too), installed and tried PC version of Assistant software (it crashed too), did a "factory reset" of the on-board controller (properly) - the Assistant program started up ok and recognized the 0.00 firmware (with the suggestion to update) then "bam", program shuts down again.

The Phantom seems to work fine - indoors, no props etc. however I will not take it for a flight until this problem is fixed.

The machine is only a month old.

HELP

2014-11-3
Use props
DJI-MS
lvl.2

China

I'm sorry for what you've been through. Please kindly provide below information as much as possible for our better support:

1. Have you tried complete uninstall of the new Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software and re-installing the software downloaded from our website ?
2. Have you tried Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software under Windows OS ?
3. What version were you using if you tried Windows OS, Win XP, Win 7 Win 8 ?

We'll follow up soon after getting your feedback.
2014-11-3
Use props
globaleyes2
New

Canada

DJI-MS Posted at 2014-11-4 14:04
I'm sorry for what you've been through. Please kindly provide below information as much as possible  ...

I have tried ALL of your suggestions. I am running Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite, and Windows 8.1 on the PC.
2014-11-5
Use props
globaleyes2
New

Canada

I even deleted the "plist" files on the Mac and reinstalled the current software. Same "crash" issue continues. I even re-installed the last version of the Assistant Software and tried that. Now it crashes too (it never did prior to the installation of the newest version).

Stuck.
2014-11-5
Use props
DJI-MS
lvl.2

China

Sorry for any inconvenience caused accordingly.
I'll pass you problem to RD guys for double-check and will get back to you ASAP.
2014-11-6
Use props
DJI-MS
lvl.2

China

More information is needed:
1.  Do the symptom appeared when you updated Flight controller firmware and Central board firmware altogether?
2.  Do the symptom appeared only when you were updating the flight controller firmware?
3.  Try this application under Win XP or Win 7.
4.  A video clip of this scenario is preferred.
2014-11-6
Use props
chrisparmanan
New

United States

i am having exactly the same problem as you globaleyes2. right now. this is incredibly frustrating, and i too will not fly it without knowing it is updated propery. but it just keeps crashing and crashing and crashing. is it the auto download??? cause i tried tricking the software by hitting cancel and going straight for the zen IMU update. but thats it, can't get to update firmware 3.08 because it keeps crashing
2014-11-7
Use props
DJI-MS
lvl.2

China

chrisparmanan@g Posted at 2014-11-8 14:29
i am having exactly the same problem as you globaleyes2. right now. this is incredibly frustrating,  ...

can you please try steps I mentioned above?
2014-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules