Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Won't Stop Recording
2261 12 2018-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mossman
lvl.1
United States

I've noticed several times recently that I can't stop video recording.  I press the red button on my phone's screen (Galaxy S7),  and nothing happens.  I can tell the button press is registering, but recording does not stop.  I have to do a hard reboot of my phone to stop it.  It's hard to say, but I think it may coincide with when the Spark automatically returns to home upon the battery getting critically low.  I'll have to experiment some more.  Another annoying thing is all the warnings that pop up after it does an automatic RTH.  I keep clicking X to close them out and they continue to pop up.  One time I couldn't even land the aircraft because so many notifications were popping up.  Even after clicking okay/ ignore/X I couldn't get it to land.  Seems very buggy.

2018-7-30
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You don't have a RC, right? Yes, the messages are a pain in the ...., sometimes
2018-7-30
Use props
mossman
lvl.1
United States

I am using the RC controller.  Should I be using the pause button or record button on the RC instead?
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry for trouble on your DJI Spark. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go 4 application on your mobile device. After these process please try to check if the problem will still persist. Thank you.
2018-7-30
Use props
mossman
lvl.1
United States

I reinstalled the DJI Go 4 app and am still having issues.  The video lag seems to coincide with lower battery power on my phone (Galaxy S7), so maybe my phone is throttling the CPU performance at lower battery power.  Issues with lag were occurring about when my phone battery dropped below 40% or so.  Yesterday I started flying with my battery at 65% and there was little to no lag during the first 16 minute flight.  I'm still having issues stopping recording.  I click on the red stop button on my phone screen and it continues to film.  And the pause button (button with two vertical red stripes) on the controller does not pause video either.   Also, when landing during an automatic RTH due to low battery, I get multiple notifications that the landing failed and I have to keep clicking X to delete the notifications, but they keep popping up.  I am finally able to take over and force a landing.  All of these issues are making flying my Spark extremely frustrating.  Lastly, I start to lose signal between the remote and aircraft at a range of about a quarter mile.  I thought this thing had a range of 1.4 miles?
2018-8-2
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Ever tried a OTG cable?
2018-8-2
Use props
mossman
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-8-2 06:32
Ever tried a OTG cable?

I just bought one actually, but have not tried it yet.  I will see if it helps.  I take it the wifi connection between the controller and phone is not reliable?  Kind of surprising since they are in such close proximity.  Maybe too much signal causing distortion/saturation?
2018-8-2
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

mossman Posted at 2018-8-2 06:25
I reinstalled the DJI Go 4 app and am still having issues.  The video lag seems to coincide with lower battery power on my phone (Galaxy S7), so maybe my phone is throttling the CPU performance at lower battery power.  Issues with lag were occurring about when my phone battery dropped below 40% or so.  Yesterday I started flying with my battery at 65% and there was little to no lag during the first 16 minute flight.  I'm still having issues stopping recording.  I click on the red stop button on my phone screen and it continues to film.  And the pause button (button with two vertical red stripes) on the controller does not pause video either.   Also, when landing during an automatic RTH due to low battery, I get multiple notifications that the landing failed and I have to keep clicking X to delete the notifications, but they keep popping up.  I am finally able to take over and force a landing.  All of these issues are making flying my Spark extremely frustrating.  Lastly, I start to lose signal between the remote and aircraft at a range of about a quarter mile.  I thought this thing had a range of 1.4 miles?

"Lastly, I start to lose signal between the remote and aircraft at a range of about a quarter mile.  I thought this thing had a range of 1.4 miles?"

That is a environmental thing. Yes, in your country 1+ mile should be possible.
just not in the city, or near high voltage poles or surrounded by trees and such.

Try a cable, for a change.

Are your bird, RC and phone on latest firmware and Go4 version?
Try Go4 4.4.15 and 4.2.12, in case the 4.2.21 "sucks" on your phone
(apk mirror, go4)
2018-8-2
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

mossman Posted at 2018-8-2 06:34
I just bought one actually, but have not tried it yet.  I will see if it helps.  I take it the wifi connection between the controller and phone is not reliable?  Kind of surprising since they are in such close proximity.  Maybe too much signal causing distortion/saturation?

A 5cm, wifi, yes.
But the engineers ask you to remove all bluetooth devices close by.

Also the remote has to work as a wifi repeater, 2.4 to 5.8 Ghz
2018-8-2
Use props
mossman
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-8-2 06:41
A 5cm, wifi, yes.
But the engineers ask you to remove all bluetooth devices close by.
Also the remote has to work as a wifi repeater, 2.4 to 5.8 Ghz

Can you elaborate on this comment?  The remote is transmitting the firmware update to the Spark using wifi?  I thought wifi was only between the phone and the controller (otherwise the Spark should be able to update directly from the home's wifi).

2018-8-2
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

The Spark is a own wifi (router, one receiver only), not a wifi receiving device.
The RC has 2 bands, 2.4 and 5,8 GHZ
If Device to RC is wifi connected, BOTH bands are in use.
In the App you see the band from the drone to the RC or the device.
The RC, if in use, has just the other band to connect to the phone/tab, ....
AC 5.8 RC 2.4 device
AC 2.4 RC 5.8 device
(here the android limitation for 5,8 in CE comes in)

And do your firmware update for the spark from a computer with assistant 2
After it is just a RC fw update then, but still connected with the Spark.
And the RC update you can now do with the cable.

So no wifi needed, to fw update Spark and RC
2018-8-2
Use props
mossman
lvl.1
United States

I also meant to mention that the battery level percentage is not updating.  For instance, yesterday evening my phone said the drone was at 79% after 10 minutes or so of flight, but then gave me a low battery and RTH notification.  Once that happened, the battery percentage updated to 17%.
2018-8-2
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

mossman Posted at 2018-8-2 08:47
I also meant to mention that the battery level percentage is not updating.  For instance, yesterday evening my phone said the drone was at 79% after 10 minutes or so of flight, but then gave me a low battery and RTH notification.  Once that happened, the battery percentage updated to 17%.

Change the app! Downgrade till it works
2018-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules