Tell me how you are making money with your DJI
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just curious of how some of you are making a living or at least making money with your drones. Seems most of us a spread out and maybe we could profit from each others knowledge.

I have been taking aerial photography for about 15 years via airplane and recently started adding photo and video via my drone, however, I do not make a living, more of a pay for the hobby and a little extra cash here and there.

I hear about people doing inspections of electrical, roofs, etc but really what does that consist of?

I read on GS Pro: architecture, precision agriculture, aerial mapping, electrical inspection, security control, disaster monitoring. Seems like a lot of opportunities for a Part 107 pilot, but I have not found a market for those things and want to learn more about it.

A side from Real Estate photography/video and people asking for photos of their property, things are quite around my neck of the woods. Most, if not all of the real estate agents are just flying creating their photos without a licesne.
2018-7-30
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Im hoping to get some work from the local speedway filming all the events then selling the cd's.
Appart from that weddings are becoming popular for aerial photography and videos.
You could also look into doing survey work or mapping.
Roof inpections and solar panel inspections are also on the rise.
2018-7-30
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-7-30 16:49
Im hoping to get some work from the local speedway filming all the events then selling the cd's.
Appart from that weddings are becoming popular for aerial photography and videos.
You could also look into doing survey work or mapping.

I did one roof inspection, didn't know how much to charge so I did it for free. I was hoping to gain some experience and get some referrals from it. I did the inspection of an old school building within the corporate limits that has been abandoned for years and the current owner is letting it grow up. They were hoping the roof was giving way and were going to condemn it and made them tear it down.

I am also trying to get some wedding work from local wedding photographers.

Not sure how surveying or mapping would work?
2018-7-30
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am the GREAT looking guy in the Green Shirt!!  

In the search area,  we were NOT allowed to fly south further than 1.2 miles...that put us squarely in Military Airspace........then found the gentleman a month later on that same trail at 2.9 miles. He had Passed Away.

This was unpaid volunteer work on a 90 deg day.......I'd do it again in a heart beat!!  Yes the Inspire is mine.  BTW,  if you didn't notice they called all 3 of us BILL...hilarious

Also working with survey company doing mapping as well as real estate.......it is EXTRA money.

Randy
2018-8-6
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-8-6 11:18
I am the GREAT looking guy in the Green Shirt!!  

https://youtu.be/v4ZiOero7YY

I have volunteered on searches in the past, I was the only  drone searching but both were drowning victims, whereas I was not able to locate either victim, I feel I saved time and money by running my drone out to a log or stump that was suspicious.

I wish I had money and a I2 with thermal imaging camera.

On mapping, what actually is mapping with a drone? Are you just videoing the boundaries of the property? I live in a fairly rural community and would be great to offer that service, just not sure what it consist of and what people pay for such services.

There is a company that comes in from about 2 hours away that shoots promotion videos for our town and county and local hospital. When I watch the videos, I think, I could have easily done that and I am guessing for a LOT less. My son appeared in one video for the hospital, he volunteers on the rescue squad and they shot a promotion for their Stroke department and he drove in on the squad and wheeled in a patient. He told me they used the same drone I have. He didn't mention what types of video cameras they used, but I saw one earlier use a GoPro on a Karma grip, which I also have.
2018-8-6
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I suggest just hooking up with the production company and offer your services to them......provide raw vids and stills to them on a 16gb card.....by a box of 16gb cards.

The mapping is done usually for measuring purposes.  The P4Pro has fairly good GPS coordinates, and once the Orthomozaic is processed and done, measurements are easily calculated. You also will have Ground Control Points like, water/electrical/telecom etc........Once the project manager can get a look at the Ortho,  then he/she can figure out how much materials he needs to put onsite without sending a crew.

This is an over simplification of course.........

Randy
2018-8-6
Use props
dronesecurity
New

India

Well, I know more about security. You can start providing security and surveillance services or partner with other security companies. Before that, you need a custom product. You can take advantage of FlytSecurity product by flytbase. Till now the best for drone security and surveillance.

If any more information required then reply here.
2018-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules