My RC has inbuilt screen, how do I get proxies like the DJI App?
998 9 2018-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anthony90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 761519 ft
New Zealand

When using the DJI APP on a phone, you can get proxies to watch while the drone is off, or can quickly send to someone etc. Since I have the controller with the inbuilt screen this doesnt do it at the moment. It has a micro SD port at the back which Ive put a card in, is there a way to get proxy video files like the DJI Go App?
2018-7-30
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

No you can't have it record to the SD in the controller. To have the cache files you enable the "Cache Locally When Recording" from the General Settings menu.
Or you can tap the Play triangle while aircraft is on, this will transfer the lowres copy to the controller from where it can be played.
You have to connect the controller to a PC in order to copy the cached files out or you can try looking at the D-Trans feature, found in the drag down box to have them transferred to a mobile devise.
2018-7-31
Use props
Anthony90
lvl.3

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-31 04:07
No you can't have it record to the SD in the controller. To have the cache files you enable the "Cache Locally When Recording" from the General Settings menu.
Or you can tap the Play triangle while aircraft is on, this will transfer the lowres copy to the controller from where it can be played.
You have to connect the controller to a PC in order to copy the cached files out or you can try looking at the D-Trans feature, found in the drag down box to have them transferred to a mobile devise.

Awesome thanks for that, super helpful. DJI Support had nothing to say on it.
2018-7-31
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Anthony90 Posted at 2018-7-31 21:02
Awesome thanks for that, super helpful. DJI Support had nothing to say on it.

You're welcome, i hope you find out something that work for you,
I believe that when your shot's and movies are in the built-in album you can share from there but i have no experience with that as the resolution and quality on the cache material imo is not worth much.
2018-7-31
Use props
Anthony90
lvl.3

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-31 22:11
You're welcome, i hope you find out something that work for you,
I believe that when your shot's and movies are in the built-in album you can share from there but i have no experience with that as the resolution and quality on the cache material imo is not worth much.

I agree, Id only want it to view over without having to put the drone on. Example, grabbing a shot, changing locations and looking at the shots in the car.
2018-7-31
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Those are not proxies, they are just reduced resolution scale-downs, and are subject to glitching and any other transmission faults. But the aircraft does produce true proxies if you want them, they are on the SD card in the aircraft, if I remembered correctly, in the MEDIA100 folder (or some similar name).
2018-7-31
Use props
Anthony90
lvl.3

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-31 22:35
Those are not proxies, they are just reduced resolution scale-downs, and are subject to glitching and any other transmission faults. But the aircraft does produce true proxies if you want them, they are on the SD card in the aircraft, if I remembered correctly, in the MEDIA100 folder (or some similar name).

Ah got it.  When I plug the card in from the Drone, go to DCIM, the only folder is 100MEDIA. I hope these aren't the proxies cause theres no other footage on the card haha.
2018-7-31
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Anthony90 Posted at 2018-7-31 22:39
Ah got it.  When I plug the card in from the Drone, go to DCIM, the only folder is 100MEDIA. I hope these aren't the proxies cause theres no other footage on the card haha.

The low resolution copies is found on the card at /Misc/THM/100/ , you might need to display hidden files to see the folders.
Those also are the files that would transfer to the controller by the Play icon while the Aircraft is connected.
2018-7-31
Use props
Anthony90
lvl.3

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-31 23:00
The low resolution copies is found on the card at /Misc/THM/100/ , you might need to display hidden files to see the folders.
Those also are the files that would transfer to the controller by the Play icon while the Aircraft is connected.

I don't see that so thats a relief, ill display hidden files to get these proxies . Yep thats great
2018-7-31
Use props
Anthony90
lvl.3

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-31 23:00
The low resolution copies is found on the card at /Misc/THM/100/ , you might need to display hidden files to see the folders.

I don't see that so thats a relief, ill display hidden files to get these proxies . Yep thats great
2018-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules