Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kowal63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 579843 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-4 01:06
Hi Leo, we've read your post on Facebook and responded as well. Upon checking the case status, the GEO was started around 2018-07-11 17:22:51 UTC and ended 2018-07-12 17:22:51 UTC. This is the UTC time, you may find the below screenshot to confirm. We sincerely suggest checking the end time before the flight. For your situation, we're sorry that we cannot offer you warranty service. Hope for your understanding.

Failsafe Failed to work proper...........RTH failed
2018-8-4
Use props
DronerX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488192 ft
United States

kowal63 Posted at 2018-7-31 13:23
you have to enter a debit/credit card number...or use cell phone to get a txt message sent to you..to re-enter

Yes, I get all that and have done it exactly one.  The issue I had this last week was getting the verification menu to even pop up.  I was flying in the yellow Authorization Zone for Moss Beach, California.  On the first day I flew, the verification menu popped up and I simply entered my cell phone number and they texted me an authorization code that was good for 24 hours.  It worked - all good.  For one day.  The next day I tried to fly again.  The red "cannot take off" note came up on the controller screen and nothing else.  No menu to ask for authorization - nothing.  I went through every menu I could to see if I could trigger the verification menu to pop up.  No luck.  I couldn't fly in that zone the rest of the week.

Can someone from DJI explain this situation to us?
2018-8-4
Use props
DronerX
lvl.2
United States

Mittens Posted at 2018-8-1 08:52
so what color are these zones?  I cant fly in a red zone period, but green and yellows I don't do anything the drone just flys?

Red Zone is total no fly,  Yellow Zone you can fly with an Authorization Code.  Green is okay to fly, but they warn you to "be careful".
2018-8-4
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DronerX Posted at 2018-8-4 10:50
Red Zone is total no fly,  Yellow Zone you can fly with an Authorization Code.  Green is okay to fly, but they warn you to "be careful".

I have to unlock everytime i fly...i live on an island with a small unmanned airport...i know the procedure well....i got no pop-up at all the day of my geozone incident....the software is buggy...they are always updating it.
2018-8-4
Use props
DronerX
lvl.2
United States

kowal63 Posted at 2018-8-4 11:30
I have to unlock everytime i fly...i live on an island with a small unmanned airport...i know the procedure well....i got no pop-up at all the day of my geozone incident....the software is buggy...they are always updating it.

Thanks for the reply.  I'm glad I'm not alone with this issue.
2018-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DronerX Posted at 2018-8-4 10:45
Yes, I get all that and have done it exactly one.  The issue I had this last week was getting the verification menu to even pop up.  I was flying in the yellow Authorization Zone for Moss Beach, California.  On the first day I flew, the verification menu popped up and I simply entered my cell phone number and they texted me an authorization code that was good for 24 hours.  It worked - all good.  For one day.  The next day I tried to fly again.  The red "cannot take off" note came up on the controller screen and nothing else.  No menu to ask for authorization - nothing.  I went through every menu I could to see if I could trigger the verification menu to pop up.  No luck.  I couldn't fly in that zone the rest of the week.

Can someone from DJI explain this situation to us?

Hi DronerX, please kindly write an email to flysafe@dji.com, the designated team will help to check the exact status.
2018-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kowal63 Posted at 2018-8-4 05:41
Failsafe Failed to work proper...........RTH failed

Leo, the failsafe failed due to the pilot didn't pay attention to the authorization time, instead of malfunction, please kindly note and understand.
2018-8-4
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-4 22:11
Leo, the failsafe failed due to the pilot didn't pay attention to the authorization time, instead of malfunction, please kindly note and understand.

this is a dji spark.....marketed as a easy to use selfie style drone

Again it’s worth noting that the Spark is a little bit different with how DJI’s Return to Home operates. When the Spark’s RTH is triggered, if the drone is between 3 meters to 20 meters from its home point then the drone will just land automatically with the RTH at Current Altitude option disabled (the default setting in DJI GO 4). If the option is enabled, then the Spark will not ascend if already at the height of 2.5m or more, but if below 2.5m then it will ascend to 2.5m during its RTH. Finally, if the Spark is more than 20m meters away, then it’ll ascend to the set RTH height before heading back home.
2018-8-5
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MarkMN Posted at 2018-7-31 09:13
I agree with you that DJI has treated you unjustly in this matter, but just what do you think that update had to do with your situation?

Previously if you were using a wifi connection to the RC, and did not have a data plan on your phone it was impossible to update the GEO Zone database without connecting to a PC and using the PC app. I believe what they've done is simply cache the update so you can now do it with just your phone. Nothing at all to do with your problem.

I do have data on my cell phone to do an unlock in the field .....in the past i have done an unlock via wifi on my tablet at home.....then was good in the field.....i now have a cell phone with data i have in the field with me..........i have never had the geozone system lockup mid flight before...be careful friend
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kowal63 Posted at 2018-8-5 03:32
this is a dji spark.....marketed as a easy to use selfie style drone

Again it’s worth noting that the Spark is a little bit different with how DJI’s Return to Home operates. When the Spark’s RTH is triggered, if the drone is between 3 meters to 20 meters from its home point then the drone will just land automatically with the RTH at Current Altitude option disabled (the default setting in DJI GO 4). If the option is enabled, then the Spark will not ascend if already at the height of 2.5m or more, but if below 2.5m then it will ascend to 2.5m during its RTH. Finally, if the Spark is more than 20m meters away, then it’ll ascend to the set RTH height before heading back home.

Do you refer to this? Sorry, I'm a little confused about what's your point...
RTH.png
2018-8-5
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-5 22:31
Do you refer to this? Sorry, I'm a little confused about what's your point...

mine did not RTH it lowered itself in the water 25 feet away from me
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kowal63 Posted at 2018-8-6 10:03
mine did not RTH it lowered itself in the water 25 feet away from me

Thanks for the clarification. According to the analysis, RTH was triggered due to the low battery, but the authorization expired, the drone could not fly into the Authorization Zone, that's the reason why the RTH failed. Then landing was triggered due to Critically Low Battery, the aircraft started to descend, the flight record ended at t=13:41, h=15 m, d=150 m. Hope this makes it clear.
RTH.png
2018-8-6
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-6 23:51
Thanks for the clarification. According to the analysis, RTH was triggered due to the low battery, but the authorization expired, the drone could not fly into the Authorization Zone, that's the reason why the RTH failed. Then landing was triggered due to Critically Low Battery, the aircraft started to descend, the flight record ended at t=13:41, h=15 m, d=150 m. Hope this makes it clear.

who would design something in such a way....does not any thought go into a failsafe RTH and the many situations it could be usefull for....the Failsafe...failed it did not RTH
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kowal63 Posted at 2018-8-7 09:31
who would design something in such a way....does not any thought go into a failsafe RTH and the many situations it could be usefull for....the Failsafe...failed it did not RTH

We understand your situation and thus sincerely suggest doing a fully pre-flight checklist every flight.
2018-8-8
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

SO after all this, I am about to fly in a Yellow zone.....
I am just figuring out the yellow zone unlocking.  and have a trip planned.

My question if I unlock a zone for say 3 days.... and need to fly both in and out of the zone.

A. can you take off outside of zone, and then fly into zone if green authorization button is checked???

B. Can you take off inside the zone, and then fly outside the zone with the ability to come back in as long as the authorization is still good(time/date wise) and green button is on?

I know there is a thread
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mittens Posted at 2018-8-10 11:01

Hi Mittens, thanks for your post, it is recommended to send email to flysafe@dji.com for further verification, the team will help with your query, thank you.
2018-8-11
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mittens Posted at 2018-8-10 11:01

I would use extreme caution....they change the number of days on the fly for the NFZ...was 3 days...they changed it to 24 hours...i don't even know what it is now....they will give you 15% off a refurb....if you do lose it....good luck
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kowal63 Posted at 2018-8-11 04:59
I would use extreme caution....they change the number of days on the fly for the NFZ...was 3 days...they changed it to 24 hours...i don't even know what it is now....they will give you 15% off a refurb....if you do lose it....good luck

Leo, the unlock days was chosen at your end, DJI will not change it without authorization. You may find the screenshot in 40#. If you have any question about unlocking issue, feel free to contact Fly Safe Team via flysafe@dji.com, thanks!
2018-8-12
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

SO I contacted Flysafe.  the response is below.

If I do start in the yellow zone, can I leave the zone and come back mid flight?

A: Sorry, you can't. Please kindly landing first, and toggle off the license button before flying outside the yellow zone.

Q: I also have been told, if you take off ONE time in the zone. then any other flights with in the 3 days period you have authorization, you can go in and out of with out taking off inside it again? is this correct?

A: You can fly with in the 3 days period you have authorization.  Sorry, you can't go in and out of the zone without taking off inside it again.​

BUT this weeked I drove to the edge of a yellow zone, that I did the authorization for on my computer.  and when I first treid to take off out side it told me I was close, and it woul dnot let the drove fly into the zone....  then the message poped up WHILE flying.. I tapped the 2 check boxes, and it allowed me to fly in and out of the zone.....  I landed turned it all off, closed app and tried again.  This time inside the zone.  2 check boxes before taking off, and then could go in and out of zone....
2018-8-13
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mittens Posted at 2018-8-13 05:07

If I do start in the yellow zone, can I leave the zone and come back mid flight?

it used to always be 3 days....i use to do the unlock on my pc....before heading out....they keep changing the number of days up....but they never tell us.....this was marketed as a beginner selfie style drone....the fact that it was allowed to take off...let alone not RTH (it is a beginner drone) is very disturbing to say the least....no way to treat good paying customers...i feel like a dji beta tester .
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mittens Posted at 2018-8-13 05:07

Hi Mittens, may I have your ticket number or email address for double check? Thanks in advance!
2018-8-14
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

Your request(#1289721)

Is this the same as a Ticket number?
2018-8-14
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mittens Posted at 2018-8-14 05:37
Your request(#1289721)

hope you have better luck than i did friend........i watched mine settle in after hovering for 4 minutes
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mittens Posted at 2018-8-14 05:37
Your request(#1289721)

Received with thanks! I'll forward to the management for review. We'll keep learning and improve the technical skills and avoid the similar troubles. Sorry for the confusion.
2018-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules