Tips for a new tello
Home / TELLO /
9806 20 2018-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicled
lvl.1

Philippines

newbie here for my first toy tello. Any tips?
2018-7-31
Use props
nicled
lvl.1

Philippines

2018-7-31
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Good day Nicled, in regard to your concern, hope the following info would assist.
        Fly in an area with less wifi interference.
        Fly in no wind
        Not suggested stretching over limited hight.
        Not suggested flying over water or under weak light
For more info, you might turn to user manual here:
https://dl-cdn.ryzerobotics.com/ ... _Manual_V1.2_EN.pdf
2018-7-31
Use props
nicled
lvl.1

Philippines

Thanks. Made a mistake flying it at night and nearly lost it as it went awry. Good thing the blinking light gave its location. I notice it can go maybe 20-30'meters only and is easily swayed by the wind.
2018-7-31
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

well for better flight distance and reduce frame skipping you can turn on airplane mode and use a wifi extender
2018-8-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

nicled Posted at 2018-7-31 19:45
Thanks. Made a mistake flying it at night and nearly lost it as it went awry. Good thing the blinking light gave its location. I notice it can go maybe 20-30'meters only and is easily swayed by the wind.

yup don't fly to high as you might lost it cause of the wind
2018-8-1
Use props
nicled
lvl.1

Philippines

Is this controller ok for Tello?

2018-8-11
Use props
nicled
lvl.1

Philippines

2018-8-11
Use props
vzr
lvl.2

Serbia

Always turn on the Aeroplane mode on your phone then turn on wifi for flight
2018-8-21
Use props
nicled
lvl.1

Philippines

What's the reason for rhat?
2018-8-22
Use props
vzr
lvl.2

Serbia

To prevent phone calls in the middle of the flight?
2018-8-22
Use props
vzr
lvl.2

Serbia

Here is the most important tip for all Tello pilots (I guess):

Don't forget to set WiFi password for your drone. Anyone is able to connect to passwordless WiFi, in fact, many smartphones will do so even without knowledge of the owner. The real problem is that Tello allows only single DHCP client, and as soon as 2nd device is connected to Tello WiFi, 1st one will be disconnected and You are in danger of loosing your Tello. Setting password is super-easy, it takes only 30 seconds and it's one-time job.

Additional note: Xiaomi WiFi repeater 2 works with WPA2 WiFi without problem.
2018-9-6
Use props
nicled
lvl.1

Philippines

vzr Posted at 2018-9-6 01:43

Don't forget to set WiFi password for your drone. Anyone is able to connect to passwordless WiFi, in fact, many smartphones will do so even without knowledge of the owner. The real problem is that Tello allows only single DHCP client, and as soon as 2nd device is connected to Tello WiFi, 1st one will be disconnected and You are in danger of loosing your Tello. Setting password is super-easy, it takes only 30 seconds and it's one-time job.

How do i set password the same way you set password for wifi?  Thanks for the tip man!
2018-9-6
Use props
Zefas
New
Israel

Hello, I have new tello, but I can't able to fly it, the camera is working but he is not going up, the yellow led blinking
2018-9-11
Use props
tuba
lvl.2

United States

vzr Posted at 2018-9-6 01:43

Don't forget to set WiFi password for your drone. Anyone is able to connect to passwordless WiFi, in fact, many smartphones will do so even without knowledge of the owner. The real problem is that Tello allows only single DHCP client, and as soon as 2nd device is connected to Tello WiFi, 1st one will be disconnected and You are in danger of loosing your Tello. Setting password is super-easy, it takes only 30 seconds and it's one-time job.

How many times has someone accessed your Tello's WiFi?
2018-9-19
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Agree completely. In regards to flights over water I would suggest only to do attempt it once you are very familiar with the drone.  If the optical flow locks onto a ripple you better be prepared to act quickly to get the drone back to shore.
2018-9-19
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

nicled Posted at 2018-9-6 01:56
How do i set password the same way you set password for wifi?  Thanks for the tip man!

Good day Nicled, you can refer below to add a password.

1. Connect Tello’s Wifi and launch into Tello APP.
2. Click Setting –Wifi setting – Add password. You would be required to reboot the drone then.

Hope it would help. Have a good time.
2018-9-19
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Zefas Posted at 2018-9-11 02:52
Hello, I have new tello, but I can't able to fly it, the camera is working but he is not going up, the yellow led blinking

Hey Zefas, may I know more details like if all the four propellers would spin?   
If none of them would spin, please click the "tap fly " on the top left corner in Tello APP.
If some of them wouldn't spin, please refer the image below to check if all the four propellers are installed properly.  If it persists, a detailed description would be appreciated.

2018-9-19
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Water is a big one. Definitely avoid flying over it and only when you are quite familiar with the quad.
2018-9-27
Use props
Rogue1Tello
lvl.1

vzr Posted at 2018-8-21 20:26
Always turn on the Aeroplane mode on your phone then turn on wifi for flight

That's a great tip thanks for that one!!!
2018-9-28
Use props
Geraldian
lvl.1

Germany

Buy another one ;)
2018-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules