Canon EOS 6D
11159 31 2018-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_uItIfXzOcgTU
lvl.1

United States

The Ronin S compatibility pdf says that it is compatible with the Canon 6D mkII but is it compatible with the original 6D?
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, Canon 6D can be physically balanced and stabilized on the Ronin-S, but some features are not available. We will continuously look into possibilities of bringing more features to more camera models.
2018-8-1
Use props
tschiphorst
New

Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-1 03:19
Hi there, Canon 6D can be physically balanced and stabilized on the Ronin-S, but some features are not available. We will continuously look into possibilities of bringing more features to more camera models.

Hey Mindy,

Could you please shine some light on what features are not available? I am mostly interested in the time-lapse features for my Canon 6D Mark 1.
2018-9-5
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

tschiphorst Posted at 2018-9-5 07:52
Hey Mindy,

Could you please shine some light on what features are not available? I am mostly interested in the time-lapse features for my Canon 6D Mark 1.

Can't use just set the camera to take the photos and separately set the Ronin S to produce the motion you want?
2018-9-5
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

Hey Mindy,

Could you please shine some light on what features are not available? I am mostly interested in the time-lapse features for my Canon 6D Mark 1.

I have used the Ronin-S with the 6D.
I used the IR cable.
You have to set the camera to 2 sec. self timer, and have at least 3 sec. between shots. Longer if you are doing long exposures.
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hey Mindy,

Hi there, for 6D series, Ronin-S can provide IR shutter control, therefore, time-lapse is available, but it may miss a few pictures, we are keeping developing and optimizing Ronin-S to make it compatible with more camera models.
2018-9-7
Use props
derekvn
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-7 02:01
Hi there, for 6D series, Ronin-S can provide IR shutter control, therefore, time-lapse is available, but it may miss a few pictures, we are keeping developing and optimizing Ronin-S to make it compatible with more camera models.

Hello, is there any way I can hook up the focus wheel to the 6d? Would a miny usb adapter work? Or anything else I can hack together?

Do you guys have a timeframe to when you will support it?
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

derekvn Posted at 2018-9-27 09:08
Hello, is there any way I can hook up the focus wheel to the 6d? Would a miny usb adapter work? Or anything else I can hack together?

Hi derekvn, the Canon 6D can be physically balanced with Ronin-S, but the control features may be not available, we will keep developing more features, please note our website about the future update, thank you.
2018-9-29
Use props
swekrisse74
New
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-1 03:19
Hi there, Canon 6D can be physically balanced and stabilized on the Ronin-S, but some features are not available. We will continuously look into possibilities of bringing more features to more camera models.

Really looking forward to it!
2018-11-16
Use props
swekrisse74
New
Sweden

StianGel Posted at 9-5 13:42
I used the IR cable.
You have to set the camera to 2 sec. self timer, and have at least 3 sec. between shots. Longer if you are doing long exposures.

Hi! What does the IR cable look like?
I've recently bought the Ronin-S and was hoping to use it with my EOS 6D.

Thx!
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

swekrisse74 Posted at 11-16 01:05

Hi swekrisse74, thanks for your attention, please note the future update in our website.
2018-11-16
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

swekrisse74 Posted at 11-16 01:06
Hi! What does the IR cable look like?
I've recently bought the Ronin-S and was hoping to use it with my EOS 6D.

It's the stiff cable with the LED on the end. You have to take care and point the LED on the IR sensor on the 6D.
2018-11-16
Use props
Lowendrumble
lvl.1
Canada

StianGel Posted at 9-5 13:42
I used the IR cable.

Thanks for the 2sec timer info, timelapse and motion timelapse work great when set up like this. Now if they'd implement focus control...
2018-12-11
Use props
djiuser_b155ckd5WnxS
lvl.1
Australia

Lowendrumble Posted at 12-11 08:46
Thanks for the 2sec timer info, timelapse and motion timelapse work great when set up like this. Now if they'd implement focus control...

Hi, there. I tried to do motion time lapse with my Canon 6D Mark II using Ronin S and RSS-IR cable, but it appears this is a bit different to what I get when use my Canon separately from Ronin. To do my timelapse with Canon I go to video mode and then to timelapse and set up the rest (4K/ FHD, etc) and then - after finishing timelapse- the camera put them all together in one file as a movie. When it comes to Ronin, it doesn't work that way. The only way to make it work is to go in 'photo' mode and then, using DJI phone app, I kick off the process, but in this scenario, all taken photos are stored separately without being combined in one movie file. Any ideas how to make it work? Thanks in advance
2018-12-17
Use props
diy-guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11857 ft
Germany

there is a way to control the EOS 6D mk2 via USB: https://konkludenz.de/en/dji-ron ... k-ii-control-cable/
2018-12-21
Use props
fansc16f42f2
New

United States

I have Canon 6D and I'm struggling to use the IR cable. I put the camera on 2 sec but don't know how to put the intervals on 3 sec, I couldn't find any intervals option on my setting, please help
2019-2-19
Use props
fansc16f42f2
New

United States

I have Canon 6D and I'm struggling to use the IR cable. I put the camera on 2 sec but don't know how to put the intervals on 3 sec, I couldn't find any intervals option on my setting, please help
2019-2-19
Use props
Jetta-The-Hut
lvl.3

United States

Does anyone know what others models of the Ronin work with the 6d? I have a budget of around 300 to buy one!
2019-3-11
Use props
Lowendrumble
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_b155ckd5WnxS Posted at 2018-12-17 21:56
Hi, there. I tried to do motion time lapse with my Canon 6D Mark II using Ronin S and RSS-IR cable, but it appears this is a bit different to what I get when use my Canon separately from Ronin. To do my timelapse with Canon I go to video mode and then to timelapse and set up the rest (4K/ FHD, etc) and then - after finishing timelapse- the camera put them all together in one file as a movie. When it comes to Ronin, it doesn't work that way. The only way to make it work is to go in 'photo' mode and then, using DJI phone app, I kick off the process, but in this scenario, all taken photos are stored separately without being combined in one movie file. Any ideas how to make it work? Thanks in advance

Doing a motion lapse, or time lapse this way will only save as picture files and you have to assemble them in to a movie in FCPX, Premier, Resolve, etc... If you have a timelapse video option in your camera (I'm not familiar with the MK II) you can use that and use the programmable "follow" option in the  Ronin app to create whatever path you want to follow and then you'll have a  motion lapse.
2019-3-19
Use props
Lowendrumble
lvl.1
Canada

fansc16f42f2 Posted at 2-19 21:00
I have Canon 6D and I'm struggling to use the IR cable. I put the camera on 2 sec but don't know how to put the intervals on 3 sec, I couldn't find any intervals option on my setting, please help

The camera is where you set the 2 second delay, then on the ronin app on your phone under "Create -> Timelapse" or "Create ->Motionlapse"  you set the interval to 3 seconds.  Make sure the IR cable is pointed at the IR sensor on your camera as well.
2019-3-19
Use props
Lowendrumble
lvl.1
Canada

derekvn Posted at 2018-9-27 09:08

They have since released the Ronin-S focus motor. It's more money I know, but it's likely to be way better than whatever stepped USB focus control you would get from the original 6D, if it ever gets implemented or supported.
Ronin-s Focus Motor
2019-3-19
Use props
djiuser_NAyDM8SOHjjT
lvl.1
France

Waiting for follow focus compatibility to buy ronin-s .. .It's long ...  I'm looking to buy Zhinyun crane 3 who is working with my camera  . Even I prefer Ronin-s
2019-5-9
Use props
SyamAravind
New

Belgium

Hello DJI! Any update on chances that focus pulling for Canon 6D will be included in the next update?
2019-8-6
Use props
djiuser_QKNv9IHKnITb
New

Does this work on the 6D? I just picked up the cable but it does not seem to want to do anything.
2019-10-3
Use props
djiuser_f4vHxWHSMQpT
lvl.1

djiuser_QKNv9IHKnITb Posted at 10-3 17:52
Does this work on the 6D? I just picked up the cable but it does not seem to want to do anything.

Correct, it does not interface well with canon cameras like the 6d or 6d mk ii over usb as, in my opinion, canon like to use the round connector with the pins to control the camera remotely... perhaps DJI should be looking at that as the interface...
2019-10-4
Use props
djiuser_f4vHxWHSMQpT
lvl.1

djiuser_f4vHxWHSMQpT Posted at 10-4 14:34
Correct, it does not interface well with canon cameras like the 6d or 6d mk ii over usb as, in my opinion, canon like to use the round connector with the pins to control the camera remotely... perhaps DJI should be looking at that as the interface...

Or get their interface through the usb working as it does through the EU utility on a laptop... is it really that difficult?
2019-10-4
Use props
Rino Navarro
New

Peru

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-29 00:28
Hi derekvn, the Canon 6D can be physically balanced with Ronin-S, but the control features may be not available, we will keep developing more features, please note our website about the future update, thank you.

Hola una consulta, esta disponible el enfoque del Ronin S con Canon 60D y 6D (cuento con esas 2)
si es asi como lo hago ayuda por favor soy nuevo en esto.

asi mismo deseo preguntar si es posible utilizar una tablet o celular como pantalla par aver lo que estoy grabando ??
2019-12-23
Use props
bevod
New
Croatia

Any news about Focus wheel function with Canon 6D mark i ?
2020-3-3
Use props
Sehnsucht
lvl.1
France

I dont understand Why raven can’t provide the image of 6d Ml 1 via hdmi and it can do it with others ? Hdmi is hdmi no? Can you give me an answer ?
2021-1-10
Use props
Sehnsucht
lvl.1
France

bevod Posted at 2020-3-3 22:57
Any news about Focus wheel function with Canon 6D mark i ?
I have a 6d and electronic focus is working. I didn’t tried with the wheel. But be careful (not like me) you can’t have image on your phone and use the app. So you don’t have a lot of functions . (Tracking etc)
2021-1-10
Use props
Sehnsucht
lvl.1
France

swekrisse74 Posted at 2018-11-16 01:05

Me too. I've just bought a RS2 when I saw that it was compatible with 6d. But I haven't saw that 6d was not compatible with raven. It's a shame to release a pack that is just "half-compatible" . Now I can't use the app and a lot of features. For a 900€ bundle it's incredible. I will spread this all over my networks !
2021-1-10
Use props
Sehnsucht
lvl.1
France

Not completely. It says that it's compatible with RS2 but not compatible with raven eye the box that transmits image to the app. So it miss a lot of feature.
2021-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules