Mavic pro gimbal calibation fail at 68%
3592 12 2018-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeeAp
lvl.1

United States

Hi guys,

I recently got myself the mavic pro. I havent had the chance to fly it yet since its been raining a lot recently where i am.
But I was trying to do general calibration, IMU and compass. Both completed with no problems.
the problems lies with th gimbal calibration; that consistently fails at 68% every single time. I must have attempted to calibrated it at least 10 times already. I have downgraded the firmware and re upgrade the firmware but still have the failing at 68%...
What can I do at this point to fix this problem?
2018-7-31
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Create a support ticket with DJI Support.
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble. May I know what mobile device are you using, please? For me to check if it is compatible.
2018-7-31
Use props
GeeAp
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-31 13:32
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble. May I know what mobile device are you using, please? For me to check if it is compatible.

I am using iphone 6s plus
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the additional information. Please check if the firmware is the recent firmware. I will be posting the link where you can find the latest DJI Assistant 2 Firmware for the DJI Mavic Pro.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2018-7-31
Use props
GeeAp
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-31 13:46
Hi. Thank you for the additional information. Please check if the firmware is the recent firmware. I will be posting the link where you can find the latest DJI Assistant 2 Firmware for the DJI Mavic Pro.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

i downloaded the dji assistant 2. confirmed firmware v01.04.0400 for both drone and remote. and have refreshed firmware for both
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

GeeAp Posted at 2018-7-31 14:08
i downloaded the dji assistant 2. confirmed firmware v01.04.0400 for both drone and remote. and have refreshed firmware for both

Hi, thanks for the updates. I would like to ask if you tried to install and re-install the application? I would recommend as well connecting your phone to your aircraft via Wi-Fi by switching the unit from RC into Wi-Fi. Ensure that the gimbal clamp is removed while doing gimbal calibration or before turning on the unit. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-7-31
Use props
GeeAp
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-31 14:19
Hi, thanks for the updates. I would like to ask if you tried to install and re-install the application? I would recommend as well connecting your phone to your aircraft via Wi-Fi by switching the unit from RC into Wi-Fi. Ensure that the gimbal clamp is removed while doing gimbal calibration or before turning on the unit. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

reinstalled ios dji go 4 app. and connected via wifi . still stuck at 68% where the camera looks up and shakes. does the cycle for a few times over the course of 3 minutes.
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

GeeAp Posted at 2018-7-31 14:36
reinstalled ios dji go 4 app. and connected via wifi . still stuck at 68% where the camera looks up and shakes. does the cycle for a few times over the course of 3 minutes.

Since we exhausted the troubleshooting, I would suggest contacting our team for further evaluation or if you bought it from a different store, you can contact them as well. Please see the link below for you to contact our team. Please see the link below.

www.dji.com/service
2018-7-31
Use props
GeeAp
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-31 14:45
Since we exhausted the troubleshooting, I would suggest contacting our team for further evaluation or if you bought it from a different store, you can contact them as well. Please see the link below for you to contact our team. Please see the link below.

www.dji.com/service

are there any repercussion to flying the mavic pro with a failed gimbal calibration?
i bought it at target, so ill stop by and ask if theyll exchange for me.
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

GeeAp Posted at 2018-8-1 06:29
are there any repercussion to flying the mavic pro with a failed gimbal calibration?
i bought it at target, so ill stop by and ask if theyll exchange for me.

Hi, thanks for the response, actually, our app will notify you if there will be a problem with the gimbal of your Mavic Pro, however, even you're doing a pre-flight checklist and notice that the gimbal calibration will not allow you to complete this scenario might affect in the future in any case you need to calibrate the gimbal. I would suggest contacting our team or the reseller. Thank you.
2018-8-1
Use props
GeeAp
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-1 08:09
Hi, thanks for the response, actually, our app will notify you if there will be a problem with the gimbal of your Mavic Pro, however, even you're doing a pre-flight checklist and notice that the gimbal calibration will not allow you to complete this scenario might affect in the future in any case you need to calibrate the gimbal. I would suggest contacting our team or the reseller. Thank you.

hi, some new development.
i did more research and people suggested inverting the drone and moving it back and forth when its stuck. to my surprise, it worked and i was able to complete the gimbal calibration. but i cant help but wonder if i have to do that everytime it get stuck at 68%... and does that mean that my gimbal is more likely to be at risk for future problems?

im going to test it a few more times before reaching out to the dji support team.
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

GeeAp Posted at 2018-8-1 12:32
hi, some new development.
i did more research and people suggested inverting the drone and moving it back and forth when its stuck. to my surprise, it worked and i was able to complete the gimbal calibration. but i cant help but wonder if i have to do that everytime it get stuck at 68%... and does that mean that my gimbal is more likely to be at risk for future problems?

Hi, thanks for the updates. I'm glad that you were able to rectify the issue, however, during the calibration, the gimbal should move freely while on this calibration and I'm afraid that this may be caused inconvenience in the future.
2018-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules