Ronin S charging / power supply
43420 24 2018-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trin
New

Luxembourg

As long as DJI Ronin S may operate while charging I would like to know some charging specifications.
Do you have some information about charging adapter? What voltage and ampere it has?

Is it support Quick Charge 3.0 or USB PD, or both? It would be very usefull if you could even specify which charging profiles it uses.

Thanks.

2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Trin, the Ronin-S comes with the 24W USB Power Adapter and the USB-C cable, for more details, please check the specification in our website. Thank you. GTScreenshot_20180801_190807.png GTScreenshot_20180801_190917.png
2018-8-1
Use props
Trin
New

Russia

Hi Mindy,
I've checked the specification before asking the question here.
It isn't complete and do not contain the most important information.
2018-8-1
Use props
Trin
New

Luxembourg

I would like to explain.

Ronin S has quite fast charging speed, so it means that some fast charging technologies were implemented.
There are 2 technologies "Quick Charge" and "Power Delivery" and both have different versions and modes.

So to buy a new charger or power bank (which Ronin S is supporting based on specs) I have to know which one technology should be in the charging device. But you dont mention it in your specs.

Do you suppose that I need like a client to measure voltage and ampere with a stock charging device to found a such information to provide to the community?
Thanks.
2018-8-1
Use props
S P
lvl.1

United States

Trin Posted at 2018-8-1 11:06
I would like to explain.

Ronin S has quite fast charging speed, so it means that some fast charging technologies were implemented.

I'm pretty sure it's using USB Power Delivery, when I purchased my Ronin S it for some reason was missing the power adapter, I ended up using a 65w USB PD certified adapter and it charged the grip at advertised speeds, maybe even a bit faster.
P.S. - I also used my car charger adapter that is certified quick charging 3.0 and it seemed to charge fine as well. So maybe both? Who knows, DJI's staff sure doesn't know.
2018-8-29
Use props
wfjrFILMS
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-1 03:10
Hi Trin, the Ronin-S comes with the 24W USB Power Adapter and the USB-C cable, for more details, please check the specification in our website. Thank you.[view_image][view_image]

I purchased a Ronin S from bhphotovideo.com and just now realized I didn't get the power adapter. Can I purchase that separately from your website?
2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

wfjrFILMS Posted at 2018-9-21 19:03
I purchased a Ronin S from bhphotovideo.com and just now realized I didn't get the power adapter. Can I purchase that separately from your website?

Hi there, unfortunately, the Power Adapter is not available in our online store, it should be included in the package, did you report it to your reseller? You can try to contact our support www.dji.com/support to see if you can purchase one from our repair center.
2018-9-25
Use props
djiuser_fDYLhS8B1lI1
New
India

I m buying Ronin-s from india and open the box with my self but there is no charger adapter is provided by company. So how can i get it.
2019-1-21
Use props
tgroves
lvl.2
United States

The Ronin S battery is fully charged when...?
Do the indicator lights go off? Do they remain solid?
2019-1-26
Use props
kazcow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 454101 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just a little tip - unplug the charger when not in use.
[It uses a HECK of a lot of standby power] hmm wait with that conclusion. I measured last time after charging the Ronin-S and it used 8-12w after being disconnected for a while. Now it has been plugged into the Ronin-S and it uses 0 watt...? I'll test some more.

- and it is NOT real USB-C PD - it is some bastard version of an USB-C charger.

Chargers tested

DJI Ronin-S charger pseudo USB-PD? to USB-C
Random USB-PD response to give 12.2v 2.06 a (25.1w)

Anker USB-C + PD /USB 3.0/3.1+PD  power supply (works correct with pretty much anything)

USB-PD - 5v 2a max (so 10w max)
USB-C - 4.79 2a max

Inateck USB-C+PD combi/dual (60w or 45w+15w) -  Not a super charger but it usually delivers the right power to USB-C devices. Does normally work with USB-C/PD 12v up to 3.0a

USB-C2 (60w) 5v 2a max (again 10w max)
USB-C1 (15w) 5v 2a max

Ronin-S so far do not like many other "REAL" USB-C/PD chargers.

Firmware might change that but so far it actually scares me a bit that it is so incompatible with real USB-C/PD which then require me to carry more power adaptors around.

2019-1-31
Use props
djiuser_rz72WkgrdbJE
New

India

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-1 03:10
Hi Trin, the Ronin-S comes with the 24W USB Power Adapter and the USB-C cable, for more details, please check the specification in our website. Thank you.[view_image][view_image][Image]

Whats the status of the ronin s battery if the battery is fully charged (while it has been put to charging ) ?
2019-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_rz72WkgrdbJE Posted at 6-5 07:13
Whats the status of the ronin s battery if the battery is fully charged (while it has been put to charging ) ?

Hi there, if the battery is fully charged, the four lights are always on when you press the battery level button to check. Thanks.
2019-6-6
Use props
fans7e1fb0a3
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-25 03:22
Hi there, unfortunately, the Power Adapter is not available in our online store, it should be included in the package, did you report it to your reseller? You can try to contact our support www.dji.com/support to see if you can purchase one from our repair center.

There is zero point in contacting support. My power supply failed on me and I contacted support. Over a two month period they made me jump through hoops of test this, test that, video record and send this. I did everything that was asked and then finally they sent a UPS number to send it back. Over and over I kept asking how I can simply purchase a replacement one because it was taking too long to figure out the issue, but I couldn't get a simple answer to that question.  I have to live by charging the Ronin S by plugging the USB into my computer to charge it up, which isn't always convenient
2019-6-8
Use props
fansc7886d69
New
United Kingdom

OK so I’ve bought a brand new Ronin S and there’s a USB cable but no adapter to plug in to the wall. I’ve searched online and there’s nothing available to buy. Where can I buy one from? I need to use the Ronin this week! (Why would they sell a Ronin S without a means to charge it?).
2019-6-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans7e1fb0a3 Posted at 6-8 03:38
There is zero point in contacting support. My power supply failed on me and I contacted support. Over a two month period they made me jump through hoops of test this, test that, video record and send this. I did everything that was asked and then finally they sent a UPS number to send it back. Over and over I kept asking how I can simply purchase a replacement one because it was taking too long to figure out the issue, but I couldn't get a simple answer to that question.  I have to live by charging the Ronin S by plugging the USB into my computer to charge it up, which isn't always convenient

Hi there, sorry for the late response because of the holiday, and apologize for the unpleasant experience with our support team.
The Ronin-S (Essentials Kit & Standard Kit) supports chargers with the power up to 24W. The fast charging heads that are available on the market and meet the QC standard can also be used for charging. The charging time varies depending on the power of the charger.
If you are sure it is the issue of the USB power adapter, you just need to send in the adapter for the evaluation, and try another charger that meets the request above during this time.
2019-6-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansc7886d69 Posted at 6-9 11:39
OK so I’ve bought a brand new Ronin S and there’s a USB cable but no adapter to plug in to the wall. I’ve searched online and there’s nothing available to buy. Where can I buy one from? I need to use the Ronin this week! (Why would they sell a Ronin S without a means to charge it?).

Hi there, sorry for the late response because of the holiday, where did you purchase the Ronin-S? May I have the SN of it?
2019-6-14
Use props
Tommy Silaban
lvl.3
Flight distance : 974364 ft
Indonesia

Can some one put here image of adaptor head ronins with spesification plsss
2019-7-17
Use props
fans14caa0b6
New
Philippines

Hi there, unfortunately, the Power Adapter is not available in our online store, it should be included in the package, did you report it to your reseller? You can try to contact our support www.dji.com/support to see if you can purchase one from our repair center.

Actually the DJI start guide shows exactly in the text to “plug in charger (adapter not included)”. Can you please give us the complete specs for an adapter? Also let us know what amperage is too low or high and will harm the battery? For example - from as low as 5v/1a (iphone) up to 5.2v/2.4a (ipad).
2019-8-13
Use props
Meierhans
lvl.2
Germany

Dear DJI support,

I plan to recharge the Ronin S while it is running from a external USB power bank / V-Mount battery with 12V to USB adapter.
I need to do so, as I make use of the power outlets on the Ronin S in the desired way.
In detail I run the GH5 - and other peripherals like an HDMI transmitter and remote follow focus - from the two outputs that are located in the front.
In total I stay well below the allowed 24 W (12V 2A), yet the additional power need shortens the runtime of the gimbal to something around 3 hours.

I tried to recharge on the run with my Xiaomi 20.000 mah power bank from 2017 / 2018, but it seems not to make use of 12V fast charge mode.
So plugging it into the powerbank only prolongs usage time a bit, but does not recharge the Ronin S internal battery while its turned on.

Now I wonder if the 2019 version of this power bank will allow to do so:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32836398791.html

It says it could deliver 45W via its bi-directional USB-C plug. From specs:

USB-C:5V3A / 9V3A / 12V3A / 15V3A / 20V2A

Could you please ask your engineers if this will work out? And please come back with the answer soon,
as the 3 hour runtime is really a problem for professional usage.

Please understand that I refrain from buying a second handgrip, due to the recent firmware update strategy,
which puts a huge question mark onto the future-proof-sign on the Ronin-S.
2019-8-23
Use props
fans428bf2af
New

United Kingdom

So what sort of fuckin mess is this. Totally screwing everyone over to save a few quid of not putting a charging plug in the package. After 7000 fuckin views of these posts . What sort of. Stupid fucks are you not to sort this out.
Cheap ass bastards . You fucked my shoot today total . Useless sort your fuckin lives out you cheap bastards !!
2020-3-1
Use props
tornadotrackercox.net
New

United States

fans14caa0b6 Posted at 2019-8-13 15:17
Actually the DJI start guide shows exactly in the text to “plug in charger (adapter not included)”. Can you please give us the complete specs for an adapter? Also let us know what amperage is too low or high and will harm the battery? For example - from as low as 5v/1a (iphone) up to 5.2v/2.4a (ipad).

It is a sad day, isn't it?! A sad day when DJI can't include this information in their literature for the Ronin S or the Ronin SC. DJI doesn't include the cheap power adapter( I am assuming since I don't know which it is either and I am trying to charge the Ronin SC. I have had the power charging cord plugged into my laptop USB-C for 5 hours now and it is still blinking on 4. REALLY? Just include the damn Power adapter information in your tutorials or in this forum OR in your literature. My GOD! Not a happy camper and I was so excited to get my Ronin SC just 6 hours ago. geez.
2020-4-21
Use props
setitheyeti
New

United States

This is a sad excuse for customer service. Damn,
2020-8-31
Use props
Tito69
New

United Kingdom

I bought a dji Ronin-S today from UK Amazon, but there is no power adapter included. There is just a USB cable type C. How can i keep charging with a laptop all the time. I am going to return the product. Its of high risk for the value its costs. Shame Dji, you you make ppl's lives a lot simpler.
2021-1-6
Use props
djiuser_LJUDr98JBG3J
New
Netherlands

hi mindy
i want to use 100w cable(type c 5A) to remote camera or focus on ronin rs2,but dont work.
can you help me?
thanks
2022-3-19
Use props
Rizikianos
lvl.2
Greece

Can I use my ronin s charger to charge my Avata drone batteries,googles and controller?
2022-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules