http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... record-video.42904/
I am quite worried about... so far I have not got any problems with my P3A

2015-5-24
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

what settings were you changing when it lost control?
2015-5-24
Use props
marco0002.telen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2079551 ft
Belgium

Hi it seems your setting turns from p-gps to atti  a couple of times at the moment of the strange behavior.
Dont know if this is what caused it, good luck getting in the air again.
2015-5-24
Use props
jorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171946 ft
Finland

It is not my Phantom. I just bring this post here...
2015-5-24
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

We have asked him to send the unit in for repair/replacement.  We need to read the Flight Data Logs to see what happened.  The stick movements are odd.  From the video of the App flight playback he is 100% on the sticks more than once .  I certainly don't fly that way.  We will have to wait and see what the Log file states.
2015-5-24
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Do you mean going 100% on the sticks can lead to a crash ?! I sometimes go up at 100% stick so it is dangerous for the quad's health ?
Most of the times I fly very smoothly but be serious : if the quad cannot afford 100% stick movement all DJI quads should be grounded !
Did you see the vertical speed during the fall ? It ends with a 56mph vertical speed without any stick input.
2015-5-24
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

I am 99.99999% sure that this was a compass issue. Notice how it falls out of GPS to ATTI... Once the orientation goes it is very difficult to control in P mode....Immediately switch it to ATTI mode and bring her home ASAP. This has happened with some Inspires...Is it a defect? Possibly but there is also a BIG chance that the calibration either was not done properly or the IMU numbers were off the charts! Always check your IMU numbers before each flight!
2015-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules