Zero Satellite glitch after firmware upgrade to 3.14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robertlam18
lvl.1

Hong Kong

DJI PHANTOM VISION PLUS V3

I am getting zero sattellite glitch. Occasionally it is zero satellite, then suddenly 7 satellite then back to zero again. Phantom was working fine the day before with version 3.08.

I was in phantom naza firmware 3.08 and occasionally I get need to calibrate compass message so today I decide to. Then I can't get the compass to calibrate again. So I upgrade to 3.14.

After that I have zero satellite
===================

Symptom -
DJI VISION APP (IOS) - IMU COMPASS ERROR, I think DJI Vision app does not distinquish compass error vs zero satellite error so I test with FPV BOOSTER APP
FPV BOOSTER APP (IOS) - shows zero satellite (Phantom blinking yellow light) & app says need compass calibration. Ocassionally satellite jumps to 7. Then back down to zero.
When I do the compass calibration again sometimes I get 7 satellite and compass calibration error gone. After 10 seconds or so then it would get back to 0 satellite.

Tried -
Resinstall firmware & all fireware up to date.
Basic & Advanced IMU calibration on DJI Phantom Vision 2 assistant 3.8
* To do Compass calibration many many times
Tried put magnet to compass and GPS to reset the compass and GPS but it is not working
Checked GPS connection inside the Phantom nothing is loose
Put on a table on my rooftop to do compass calibration so there is no interference from concrete etc
RC controlller stick calibration

Not tried -
Hard reset since it works fine when I try to reinstall firmware
Check check GPS to see if crack since I have never crashed my Phantom and it was working fine same location just the day before.

Possibilities -
Cloud and rainy day ? But It should n't make it jump from 0 to 7 satellites.

2015-5-24
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

There have been some issues noted with the plug from the GPS module to the main board. May not have anythinging to do with your problem but then again ... Who knows.

Removed the lid and get a small piece of plastic or even a thin piece of cardboard from the end of a candy box E.T.C. So you can make a small wedge to slide in between the male plug of the GPS and the female plug on the Mai board. With a wedge this makes a tight connection so the plug can't vibrate causing intermittent GPS loss. Just a little insurance. Hope this helps.
2015-5-24
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Roy.      Thanx to you I have been made aware of the satellite issue.    Will do and Thanx a million!!
2015-5-24
Use props
robertlam18
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Roy. Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think this is it. Sometimes I left the Phantom on for 5 mins then it would get some satellite without me touching it. Since I didn't touch it I don't think it is due to loose connection. BTW it still does not work when the clouds are gone. I also did a hard reset but still does not work. I am now grounded. Is there a way to restore version 3.08 ?
2015-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules