DJI video doesn't work in Premiere Pro
13276 13 2018-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Menippean
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17923 ft
United States

Anyone know why DJI videos no longer work in Premiere Pro? I never had a problem before a couple weeks ago. Now about a third of the videos don't import (I get a "No video or audio streams" error) and those that do will hang up the problem when I edit. I don't know if this is a DJI problem or an Adobe problem, but it's killing my work. HELP
2018-7-31
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Have you updated your copy of Pemiere? Also, in case you were not doing so, it is best to change the file type to MOV in video settings. Others have reported the same issue as you, but then many hundreds do not have a problem with Premiere recognising the files.
2018-7-31
Use props
Michael Kemper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1709583 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been editing in Premiere CC 4K 60 fps mp4. If you want to give some details of image size/format you're capturing I can try to replicate on my end, but sounds like it might be a Premiere issue.
2018-7-31
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have Premiere Pro CC 2017 v11.0.1 no updates and that gave me the same errors, i use MP4 and the errors cleared up when Geebax told me to install quicktime
ps, mine were 4k @30
2018-7-31
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531640 ft
Brazil

I dont have any issues like this , I record in 4K or HD and use always MP4. I just follow the normal procedure to add videos and I can use them always. My version of Adope Premiere is just 3 weeks old. I dont see why Adobe Premiee Pro would not be able to work with MP4 it is a really sofisticated program for video so it should work I would guess.
2018-8-1
Use props
Menippean
lvl.1
United States

Michael Kemper Posted at 2018-7-31 19:05
I've been editing in Premiere CC 4K 60 fps mp4. If you want to give some details of image size/format you're capturing I can try to replicate on my end, but sounds like it might be a Premiere issue.

I have the most current version of Premiere. I shoot 4K 24fps on MP4 on the P4 pro. The videos play in the windows player and VLC. It's just weird and random, potentially losing some good clips.
2018-8-1
Use props
Menippean
lvl.1
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-7-31 19:14
I have Premiere Pro CC 2017 v11.0.1 no updates and that gave me the same errors, i use MP4 and the errors cleared up when Geebax told me to install quicktime
ps, mine were 4k @30

I've heard of the Quicktime solution, but I already have Quicktime. Mine are 24fps. I need to do some test shots in different frame rates.
2018-8-1
Use props
Menippean
lvl.1
United States

Ray_Drone_Pilot Posted at 2018-8-1 05:02
I dont have any issues like this , I record in 4K or HD and use always MP4. I just follow the normal procedure to add videos and I can use them always. My version of Adope Premiere is just 3 weeks old. I dont see why Adobe Premiee Pro would not be able to work with MP4 it is a really sofisticated program for video so it should work I would guess.

That's why I suspect it's a DJI problem.
2018-8-1
Use props
Menippean
lvl.1
United States

Here's the error message I get.
2018-8-1
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531640 ft
Brazil

Menippean Posted at 2018-8-1 05:16
That's why I suspect it's a DJI problem.

Yes I understand your thoughts but I record offcourse as well with a DJI I have a P4P+. Silly question but do you have the latest firmware?

It would be strange if one device from DJI has this issue and another doesn't have it. Nevertheess everything is possible. Lets see if DJI can help you as well.

I hope you will solve this
2018-8-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Menippean Posted at 2018-8-1 05:17
[view_image]

Here's the error message I get.

It is not a DJI issue, it is Adobe. Otherwise this forum would be filled with people complaining.
2018-8-1
Use props
Daivd
lvl.1

United States

Adobe Premiere Pro only support few video formats, I use iDealshare VideoGo to convert various video files including dji videos to Premiere Pro more supported MPG.
2019-12-15
Use props
jakobi78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29603 ft
Norway

Ihave same issue, after some update the Video is not recognized on Adobe Premiere Pro
2023-3-12
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

I prefer using FCPX
2023-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules