2671 28 2018-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

Hi guys, and Gals

I bought a new I1 V1 in mid 2015.  Wicked aircraft, and always drew a crowd at the local flying field in Mission Bay, San Diego, Ca. I have FlySight Goggles and loved giving spectators "rides"

I never had any issues with the I-1.....December 2017 I did have the original battery fail catostrophically which destroyed the aircraft.  But I know what happened, but not the WHY.
The battery puffed severely while in the air....you could hear the crackling of the foil wrap and plastic breaking.....I almost got her down, but when the battery completly lost a cell or 2 she went into RTH mode due to low voltage........then the battery disconnected due to PUFF and came off the connector.
I had 4 batteries and cycled them all the time.....in 2017 I started making some money with the I-1, again rotating the batteries religously and keeping track of all flights and battery cycles in a Pilot Log.

The battery went in with a full charge.....putzed around and took a couple pics and then flew right down the line at 10mph  8 min into flight.....that's when we heard the crackling.....

Anyway,  I have seen several folks buying used I-1.  I just bought 1 that was from 2015.  I know the guy I bought it from. I really enjoy this aircraft! It is bad ass, and continues to draw a crowd and questions are always coming........She certainly is NOT a travel drone, not easily anyway....and I don't need it for that!

Let's all start getting some new content in the I-1 Forum.......come on, the water's nice,  the vids still look great, and so do the pics!

Randy
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry for the inconvenience. What happened to the aircraft prior to the crack sound? Did it crash? Did you see any error message in the app while that is happening?
2018-8-1
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>

Hi Wanda

The 1st I-1 I bought new in 2015......the battery that failed showed no signs of any issues, and the AC had never been crashed.

The battery was the original and had 165 flights on it.  As the crackling was going on, I almost had her on the ground....descending from 10ft ( 3 mtrs ) when I did get the CRITICAL LOW BATTERy warning as the craft went straight up on it's own......then all motors shut down and she crashed to the ground......The battery was puffed and pushed partially out of the mount........

Randy
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-8-1 11:44
Hi Wanda

The 1st I-1 I bought new in 2015......the battery that failed showed no signs of any issues, and the AC had never been crashed.

I see. If that's the case, we highly recommend to send it to our repair facility and have a checkup. You may start up a case online: https://repair.dji.com or contact our support.
2018-8-2
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Rwynant V1,

I totally agree with you - the I1 continues to draw attention, even today.
Mine was bought in Oct 2015, and it is still performing flawlessly.

I recently visited DJI Shenzhen Flagship Store and bought a pair of new TB48, which cannot be found in HK. As you accurately pointed out - batteries will age. Rotating, keep tracking and when required discharge and charge cycling batteries cannot rule out the possibility of battery failure, caterstropic or not. Over time, it will come. I am prepared for it by getting rid of aged batteries (by judging such indicators as, e.g. high internal resistence, high running temperature, or getting physically fat).

Let's enjoy this wonderful machine for the time being, and enjoy the attention of spectators in the days to come!

Happy flying!

Henry

IMG_9801.jpg
2018-8-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just received my new i1 V2 with two TB48's, set of DJI ND filters for the X3, second charger, sun hood, battery warmer, 12 props etc etc - nice set up. Flown it five times in the first week and three more flights planned for this evening! It is such an amazing drone to fly!
2018-8-6
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

A CW Posted at 2018-8-6 01:07
I have just received my new i1 V2 with two TB48's, set of DJI ND filters for the X3, second charger, sun hood, battery warmer, 12 props etc etc - nice set up. Flown it five times in the first week and three more flights planned for this evening! It is such an amazing drone to fly!
[view_image]

Hi Andy,

I've just browsed thro' your thread of posts in the Mavic Forum. You're really delighted. I can feel it - I felt exactly the same when mine was delivered in 2015, and that was my very first drone after flying aerobatic 120 planes years ago.

I would recommend you get at least 2 more TB48 batteries, and try out the X5 (Not the X5R if you need to the save some $$ for your kid's education). I am sure you will be extremely delighted by the dynamic range of the X5, something that 1/2.3" or even 1" sensors cannot give.

Enjoy and happy flying!

Henry
2018-8-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2018-8-6 05:55
Hi Andy,

I've just browsed thro' your thread of posts in the Mavic Forum. You're really delighted. I can feel it - I felt exactly the same when mine was delivered in 2015, and that was my very first drone after flying aerobatic 120 planes years ago.

Thanks very much for the suggests and kind words - appreciate it.
2018-8-6
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

A CW Posted at 2018-8-6 01:07
[view_image]

Wow very happy for you Andy..your Inspire looks very nice.

Happy Droning
2018-8-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Dronto
2018-8-7
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I decided it was time to take a real close look at the Inspire cleanliness.  Well,  at a couple feet, she looks great....but get in closer  

So I started with a fine, cleaner brush and some air......wow!!  She was a dirty girl  

Nooks, cranny's, VPS, landing gear shocks, in and around the jack screw was very dusty......she just really needed a go thru!!   Much happier now!

Take care of this fine piece of flight gear!!

Randy
2018-8-14
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft

Mine gets wiped down and a thorough look over after every flight.   Main shaft gets cleaned and greased every month.  Looks like the day it came out of the box new.
2018-8-15
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-8-15 10:50
Mine gets wiped down and a thorough look over after every flight.   Main shaft gets cleaned and greased every month.  Looks like the day it came out of the box new.

Excellent!

I bought used....and although it appeared very clean,  once I got into it, I realized she needed to be cleaner!

Randy
2018-8-15
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Knock Knock
2018-9-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A few stills taken with the X3 - 52 flights now and still loving this drone!
2018-9-24
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

A CW Posted at 2018-9-24 03:26
A few stills taken with the X3 - 52 flights now and still loving this drone!
[view_image][view_image][view_image]

Nice shots, Andy!

The weather in UK is sooooo nice! I'm jealous.

Henry
2018-9-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2018-9-24 03:55
Nice shots, Andy!

The weather in UK is sooooo nice! I'm jealous.

It has been raining all over the weekend but forecast to be sunny for the whole week ahead so heading out again tonight!
This really has quickly become my favourite drone to date.
2018-9-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here is one more taken this week.
2018-9-28
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

A CW Posted at 2018-9-28 08:39
Here is one more taken this week.
[view_image]

Hi Andy,

It was so colourful!

Happy flying!

Henry
2018-9-29
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here we gooooo

A mountain shot,  to the desert........

I have a buddy getting married at this location Oct 6...... test flying\

Randy
2018-9-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2018-9-29 18:20
Hi Andy,

It was so colourful!

Thanks Henry
2018-9-29
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-9-29 20:01
Here we gooooo

Hi Randy,

Congratulation to your second I1. It seems she performs flawlessly in such wonderful landscape under nice sky!

Congratulation to your buddy too!

Henry
2018-9-30
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you Henry!

The wind that day was 20mph gusting to 30....... The wedding is 10/6, next Saturday at 5:30......truly hoping for less wind!!!

Randy
2018-9-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-9-29 20:01
Here we gooooo

Stunning shot Randy
2018-10-4
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A little late,  but the wedding was a success!!  The flying was not!   Winds that day were in the 40+ mph range.

48 deg and 40mph on the Mountain.  It was a great get together! But no flying........There were some very cold womens in chiffon dresses....they weren';t too happy!

The reception was awesome though!!  
Here is the preflight a week earlier with my P4Pro....20mph westerly wind

Randy
2018-12-15
Use props
Kevin Halle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 12-15 20:57
A little late,  but the wedding was a success!!  The flying was not!   Winds that day were in the 40+ mph range.

48 deg and 40mph on the Mountain.  It was a great get together! But no flying........There were some very cold womens in chiffon dresses....they weren';t too happy!

That’s quite a view.
2018-12-16
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey in regards to your first travel comment. look into the Inspak backpack. it stores the I1 in landing mode with camera attached. X3, Z3, X5 all fit mounted to the bird. great case. not the best to wear as a backpack but still for faster setup i love mine
2018-12-16
Use props
Stevo186
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2442457 ft
United States

Hey there i have several used inspires i buy crashed ones from ebay and hoard all v1 stuff as the new versions have well... been cheaply made and75 % of the parts weight more.
2018-12-27
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Stevo186 Posted at 2018-12-27 12:35
Hey there i have several used inspires i buy crashed ones from ebay and hoard all v1 stuff as the new versions have well... been cheaply made and75 % of the parts weight more.

Here's a BUMP for spare parts,  and getting more people back on the I1 Train!!!

Randy
Aerial Traffic
https://www.facebook.com/aerial.traffica
2019-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules