Mavic air Vs inspire
3480 6 2018-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans61973215
lvl.1
Australia

Hi there!

This is my first post on here. I sold my phantom 4 a while ago and looking at investing in a new drone. While I'm not looking for any commercial use at the moment I still want great quality for the film I put together.

I'm tossing up if to get a second hand DJI inspire with X3 camera or if to get a DJI Mavic air?

After the countless videos and forums I've watched/read I still can't grasp which one to go for. Yes I know all the stuff like the size difference inspire 1 is old and all that but for some reason can't make up my mind.

If anyone has any thoughts on these two it would be a huge help!

Thanks!
2018-8-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Well there’s definitely a lot more drone in inspire 1, danger with this now is how long dji are going to continue to prop up the inspire 1, I believe if we see inspire 3 then it might be the end of any serious support for the 1 series, as regards X3 well it’s no better than what you will get with Mavic Air X3 is dated and there is a much better option on P4Pro which is a far superior camera to X3, only thing in inspire 1’s favour is ability to change camera and then lenses.

Unless you doing pro work, the hassle of tripping around with inspire is cumbersome and for the quality your going to get from the camera is it worth it, also flying time is pretty low and will require plenty of expensive batteries.
I would say wait for Mavic Pro 2, I believe this will knock the socks off many of dji drones and we might see inspire1 users selling up big time for a chance to use A better all round package like Mavic2 .
2018-8-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

I agree with Hallmark.
For what your going to spend on either
would be better spent on a newer bird.
2018-8-1
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just recently purchased a Phantom 4 Pro V2.0. I would put it ahead of my Inspire 1 Pro in many ways
2018-8-1
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

I have a friend who fly's the Inspire 1, very nice drone. It really doesn't compare at all to the Mavic Air.  If you are looking for a good camera, why not just go with the Phantom 4 Pro
2018-8-1
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

You can buy a MP cheap these days. Air would not be my recommendation for real work. It's a vacationer drone imo. Single focus,... meh some like it, wasn't for me.... Sooo noisy!!  so I sold it after the second day of use. Well, I basically gave it away to a family member. lol
2018-8-1
Use props
fans61973215
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks hallmark for your comment appreciate it. Is there any estimated or confirmed release of the Mavic pro 2 as I'm travelling from half way through November and would want one before then of course
2018-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules