1641 12 2018-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Just another drone guy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 875499 ft
Canada

Hi guys,

yesterday I saw a thread about which editing software was the best for the Mavic pro. I tried to retrace my steps to see that thread again, but couldn't find it. if you guys have any suggestions that would be appreciated. I also want to know this because the creator studio on youtube is so hard to edit with. Thanks
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry, hopefully, you will get the best recommendation for editing software with our co-pilots if you intend to use a third party software for editing.
2018-8-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

What are you using? Pc or Mac
2018-8-1
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Final cut pro x for iMac
2018-8-1
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is not a best video editor for everyone. You should be able to find something that works for you in this list of commonly used video editors. There are lots of great how-to videos on YouTube if you need help with the video editor you choose.
2018-8-1
Use props
SeanGalbraith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891404 ft
  • >>>
Canada

If you want free, it is hard to beat Davinci Resolve. I moved up to it from the (also excellent) iMovie and highly recommend it.
2018-8-1
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Power Director & Quik are nice editors if you want to do it from your phone (1080p)
2018-8-2
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-8-1 16:39
There is not a best video editor for everyone. You should be able to find something that works for you in this list of commonly used video editors. There are lots of great how-to videos on YouTube if you need help with the video editor you choose.

Great list, thanks for sharing. I've bookmarked it.
2018-8-2
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

msinger Posted at 2018-8-1 16:39
There is not a best video editor for everyone. You should be able to find something that works for you in this list of commonly used video editors. There are lots of great how-to videos on YouTube if you need help with the video editor you choose.

I wish I had this reply when I raised this question a few months back. I went for DaVinci Resolve on which I'm practising at the moment. I hope to have something available to post soon.
2018-8-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Dorset_Horn Posted at 2018-8-2 12:36
I wish I had this reply when I raised this question a few months back. I went for DaVinci Resolve on which I'm practising at the moment. I hope to have something available to post soon.

Da Vinci Resolve is definitely a good software but also quite advanced and demanding quite some training. The big advantage is that there is the free version with still all the professional features except of 4K rendering if I am correctly informed. On the other side 2.7K is normally more than sufficient for our purposes and actually comes very close to 4K quality (not to mention that still the majority of the potential spectators do not have a 4K device to actually be able to watch that resolution).
As much as I am impressed of Da Vinci Resolve, I personally prefer Cyberlink Power Director because I find it more intuitive and user friendly. Therefore I am happy to pay for it since many years and versions already. Nevertheless, from my experience there is not just one "perfect software". It is much more an individual choice of who feels comfortable with which software. There are so many good ones out there and even in case they are not for free, they offer free test versions to get a good impression and personal feeling before spending money on them.
2018-8-2
Use props
Just another drone guy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 875499 ft
Canada

Woe Posted at 2018-8-1 16:12
What are you using? Pc or Mac

I'm using pc
2018-8-2
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-2 13:00
Da Vinci Resolve is definitely a good software but also quite advanced and demanding quite some training. The big advantage is that there is the free version with still all the professional features except of 4K rendering if I am correctly informed. On the other side 2.7K is normally more than sufficient for our purposes and actually comes very close to 4K quality (not to mention that still the majority of the potential spectators do not have a 4K device to actually be able to watch that resolution).
As much as I am impressed of Da Vinci Resolve, I personally prefer Cyberlink Power Director because I find it more intuitive and user friendly. Therefore I am happy to pay for it since many years and versions already. Nevertheless, from my experience there is not just one "perfect software". It is much more an individual choice of who feels comfortable with which software. There are so many good ones out there and even in case they are not for free, they offer free test versions to get a good impression and personal feeling before spending money on them.

Thanks for this. It's valuable information. It's true I'm finding DVR quite sophisticated, and I am trying to record plenty of "practice footage" to sharpen my skills. (None of which is fit for posting yet though).
2018-8-4
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Some use Sony Vegas - you might find a trial version useful as a stating point. Sony Vegas Movie Studio
2018-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules