Mavic Pro fly away and DJI response
2005 8 2018-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyingangler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64610 ft
United States

[size=14.6667px]Before I got my mavic pro I had a phantom 3 and flew it fine for over a year, then decided to upgrade to the mavic pro for its versatility. I had many flights with it and never had an issue, then two day after updating the firmware i was flying it off my boat at a height of 144 ft and only 1400 ft away much closer than the furthest flight it had went on. All of a sudden my phone displayed  no connection error wihtout even a weak signal warning, hoping the drone would return to home i patiently waited over 30 minutes only for it to never return. I messaged DJI hoping they could help or it would be covered in the warranty because it was a software issue and after days the returned the following email stating nothing was amiss with my flight log but not willing to cover the replacement. I messaged back and never got a response. Has anyone else had to deal with this issue or dealt with DJI support?
2018-8-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Sorry about that, can you post your flight log here, use the link below
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-8-1
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your drone. It sounds like there was a sudden and catastrophic failure occurred if you never saw a weak signal. The log will shed more light if you post the flight log as advised by Suren.  
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi flyingangler, we are so sorry for your loss, we failed to get your case number via the Forum account, may I have the case number so that we can check more details for further support? Thank you.
2018-8-1
Use props
flyingangler
lvl.1

I just posted my flight logs hopefully some other people can try to find what dji said they couldn't. The case number is CAS-2046470-X7R4K2
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

flyingangler Posted at 2018-8-2 15:52
I just posted my flight logs hopefully some other people can try to find what dji said they couldn't. The case number is CAS-2046470-X7R4K2

Thanks for getting back to us. I've checked your case, and sorry that it is inconclusive according to the flight records, please kindly find it as below:

1. The aircraft took off in GPS mode, responded to command well;
2.T=10:09, H=40.6 m, D=440.4 m, the flight record ended when the aircraft flew forward, the incident
Conclusion: Reason unknown.

The flight records interrupted suddenly, we cannot verify what happened afterwards. Sorry about this. Regarding the lack of communication, I have a quick look at the email history in the system, every email was replied timely. If you also contacted us via channels, please kindly advise and offer the corresponding contact info, we'll double check, thanks! We understand your frustration, the case has been escalated to the management for further review, they'll double check and contact you during the working time. Appreciate your patience.
2018-8-3
Use props
flyingangler
lvl.1
United States

I'll wait for the message from your management. But meanwhile you just said its reason unknown, if it's not directly a user error it has to be something with the drone itself
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

flyingangler Posted at 2018-8-3 07:48
I'll wait for the message from your management. But meanwhile you just said its reason unknown, if it's not directly a user error it has to be something with the drone itself

If the reason of the flight incident is unknown, we can't really tell what happened. Using the flight records you provided, we weren't able to identify if it flew away because of a user error or a product malfunction. That's why a discount has been offered to you. Your concern is being handled already. Kindly wait for the feedback from our Managerial Team within 48 business hours. Hoping for your patience.
2018-8-3
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

flyingangler Posted at 2018-8-2 15:52

If you'd like other forum members to review your log and comment on it, you'll need to post it as @Suren suggested above.
2018-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules