Ronin S - Violently Shaking and flipping around
16809 18 2018-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_7K5fa1vPIL3K
New

United States

I have had the Ronin S for about 1 day and I come home turn it on and it FREAKS OUT!!  and starts violently spinning all over the place and the motor when I first turned it on sounded bad as well and deep in tone. I have recorded a video to show you what is happening.

youtube.com/watch?v=WzaJYbcfF5w&feature=youtu.be

I've literally had this gimbal for 1 day and havent even got the chance to use it yet.

2018-8-1
Use props
Airtherapy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13937 ft
Latvia

put camera without camera Ronin-S try to balance something!
2018-8-1
Use props
djiuser_7K5fa1vPIL3K
New

United States

I did put the camera on and it does the same thing. Let me try and get a video recording of that as well.
2018-8-1
Use props
djiuser_7K5fa1vPIL3K
New

United States

Yeah after putting the camera on it again it seems to be just fine. But I did put the camera on it earlier and it did something similar and but since the camera is heavy it wasn't as fast but it was slinging the camera all over the place until I turned it off. For now I did some tests and it seems to be ok. haha WOW what a scare that was. I don't know why I tried turning it on without a camera on it. I just spaced it out and forgot that you need to have something on there or else it can damage the motors. I hope I didn't seriously damage the motors inside because I turned it on multiple times. ohh boy...
2018-8-1
Use props
djiuser_7K5fa1vPIL3K
New

United States

Ohh noo.... yeah looks like I messed up the motors. When I try to pan up and down using the thumbstick. midway through its motions and randomly it jitters and jolts around a tad. Looks like I need to return this and be very careful never to turn it on again without a camera on it.
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

It's probably not that. Take a photo of your setup with the camera on and we can troubleshoot.
2018-8-2
Use props
constmachi
lvl.1
United States

Write down or take a screenshot of all your settings. Go to the app and try resetting the gimbal settings. Then re-balance and autotune to see if it happens again. This happened to me briefly and this seemed to fix it.
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the troubles with Ronin-S, the post in 6# is from our engineers, could you please provide us the picture of your setup with the camera on so that we can troubleshoot? Thank you in advance.
2018-8-10
Use props
fansdbedf489
lvl.1
United States

Quick question. I managed to accidentally activate mine with no camera on it… I didn’t know “the golden rule”… It certainly got excited! Everything seems fine with it-works normally-but I’m wondering if I’ve done any small damage?  Probably took me about two seconds to find the power button and shut her down.

As a suggestion since this is an entry-level product-it would be awesome if it. could sense that something was on the plate or
not…. I am definitely not a beginner camera person-I just manage to tap the button without thinking
2018-11-25
Use props
Wisdom Tooth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535308 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansdbedf489 Posted at 11-25 06:53
Quick question. I managed to accidentally activate mine with no camera on it… I didn’t know “the golden rule”… It certainly got excited! Everything seems fine with it-works normally-but I’m wondering if I’ve done any small damage?  Probably took me about two seconds to find the power button and shut her down.

As a suggestion since this is an entry-level product-it would be awesome if it. could sense that something was on the plate or

Where'd you hear this is an entry-level product?
2018-11-25
Use props
fansc085ae3f
New

United States

DJI-Paul Posted at 2018-8-2 05:59
It's probably not that. Take a photo of your setup with the camera on and we can troubleshoot.

Hello, I just received a Ronin S. I balanced, upgraded and went through all the steps listed & I  am having the same problem. Camera shakes then flips around ( hit itself and got a knick) ...how exactly do fix this?? getting a bit worried
2019-7-17
Use props
fansb25975f5
New

Hello,

I bought my ronin new from amazon a few months ago and it has progressively been getting worse with drifting and has basically gotten to a point where its just going crazy when I turn it on (with a balanced camera attached).

I'm at a loss for what is wrong with it.

updated to latest firmware on September 21 2019
all settings have been reset within the app
-system calibration "successful"
-restore gimbal setup "successful"
-balance test "successful"
-auto tune "successful"

nothing works. its going crazy, I suspect my motors are broken?

here is the video I took after updating and reseting all settings

https:// youtu. be/ 3guilsCPYhw

If someone could please tell me whats wrong or if there is a fix? also if it is just fried motors is there somewhere I can send this to get fixed?
thanks in advance!
2019-9-21
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>

fansb25975f5 Posted at 9-21 10:35
Hello,

I bought my ronin new from amazon a few months ago and it has progressively been getting worse with drifting and has basically gotten to a point where its just going crazy when I turn it on (with a balanced camera attached).

Send it back to dji, there are links to support on dji website. They will explain what you need to do and how to do it. It is a simple process.
2019-9-22
Use props
djiuser_qGbmKme1y9lq
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Paul Posted at 2018-8-2 05:59
It's probably not that. Take a photo of your setup with the camera on and we can troubleshoot.

I was gettin ready to shoot a music video n I turned on my ronin sc I tried to auto tune it wit my Panasonic lumix g7 wit the 14-42mm kit lens and it just started to shake real violently n I couldn’t control it my joy stick or nothin I just got it bout a week ago
2020-10-25
Use props
djiuser_qGbmKme1y9lq
lvl.1
United States

2020-10-25
Use props
djiuser_qGbmKme1y9lq
lvl.1
United States

2020-10-25
Use props
fans1464dfae
New

Australia

Hi. I seem to have the same issue. The Romin is about 10 months old. I use it about 1-2 in 3 months.  I would appreciate any help and advice.
2021-7-9
Use props
amanda.k.ryan1087-sp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1566916 ft
United States

I figured out how to fix it. Its completely not something you think is entirely safe to do but i figured might as well go all in. Anyways i held the camera and gimbal into place facing it level and holding it from spinning out of control. Then i went into the motor parameters, click the down arrow go to joint angle hold that spot for a few second till a secret menu appears. Click to set it. This is telling the ronin motors what is the proper gimbal setting of the center point and horizon leveling. My ronin s slowly then tilted down stopped being violent and i pressed the joy stick to tilt the camera up. Double tapped the trigger to see if it centered and it did. Disclaimer on this, holding the ronin like I did probably could break your ronin. But if its like the last option then ya know use your best judgement.
2022-6-7
Use props
djiuser_xDhHZKpvuHbn
New

Uzbekistan

i have the same problem and i dont know how to fix it , i have a video
2022-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules