123Next >
5110 98 2018-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eried
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Norway

I am getting disconnected all the time now, last 5 flights got disconnected in the middle of the flight and the image never returns, what the hell? is that happening to everyone?
With the previous version I was getting green/glitchy images in the live feed, but now I am just getting full disconnection. This is just bad.

Please DO NOT VOTE if you use CrystalSky. I think it is not fair to compare a random android phone to an almost dedicated device.
Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 2 entry optional ), Total 57 people participate in voting
31.34% (21)
35.82% (24)
25.37% (17)
7.46% (5)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-8-2
Use props
bjashton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245932 ft
United Kingdom

I suspect you might need another category - "Didn't bother to try it."(...as 4.2.16 is stable, 4.2.20 was terrible and reports about 4.2.21 were not good)
2018-8-2
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Norway

bjashton Posted at 2018-8-2 04:14
I suspect you might need another category - "Didn't bother to try it."(...as 4.2.16 is stable, 4.2.20 was terrible and reports about 4.2.21 were not good)

I am not really sure if "did not bother to try" is an option if you have internet in the phone, it kinda prevents you from running an old fw/app.

I think 4.2.20 was even better than 21, because even if the stream was garbled, the phone stayed connected to the remote
2018-8-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I have no issues at all but it is also a special case since I am using Crystalsky, which is running on a very clean and stable Android version. Also the GO 4 versions for Crystalsky are optimised for this specific platform.
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the trouble cause. Can you provide me the firmware version of the aircraft and remote controller? May I know what specific model of a mobile device are you using?
2018-8-2
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

eried Posted at 2018-8-2 04:50
I am not really sure if "did not bother to try" is an option if you have internet in the phone, it kinda prevents you from running an old fw/app.

I think 4.2.20 was even better than 21, because even if the stream was garbled, the phone stayed connected to the remote

To maintain an older app version, you simply have to turn off Auto-Update.  I've got 4.2.16 on my tablet and phone with no worries of those being replaced by any of the newer flawed versions.
2018-8-2
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-2 05:36
I have no issues at all but it is also a special case since I am using Crystalsky, which is running on a very clean and stable Android version. Also the GO 4 versions for Crystalsky are optimised for this specific platform.

I can second this statement as I too use a Crystalsky with zero problems.
2018-8-2
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

I just activated me new Mavic yesterday. In doing so, I updated everything to the most recent software and app. I took it out for about half a battery just to test it out. I didn't have any issues of it dropping connection at all or anything else strange. I am running it on a Samsung Note8
2018-8-2
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
United States

If you are not running into video transmission or disconnect issues with 4.2.21, then stick with it, but monitor the situation.  In following these reports closely, it appears that simply the newer versions have so much 'bloat' that they are overwhelming anything but the latest flagship devices. Clearly the Note 8 is well within that definition.
2018-8-2
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Norway

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-2 05:43
Hello there. We apologize for the trouble cause. Can you provide me the firmware version of the aircraft and remote controller? May I know what specific model of a mobile device are you using?

Hi,

My phone is an ZTE Axon 7 (Android 7.1.1)
DJI GO App: 4.2.21
Aircraft FW: 01.04.0400
Remote FW: 01.04.0400

I have 61 flights. With the 4.2.20 I started experiencing some glitches in the video feed while flying (artifacts, generally in half bottom of the screen) but with the 4.2.21 now is pretty often that I get disconnected and I need to get home (it does not reconnect until I land and take off again)
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

eried Posted at 2018-8-2 06:39
Hi,

My phone is an ZTE Axon 7 (Android 7.1.1)

Thank you for the response. I understand that your phone used to work fine before but we highly suggest to use one of our compatible mobile devices to check. You may double check it here: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

2018-8-2
Use props
Balloon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 826486 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-2 06:48
Thank you for the response. I understand that your phone used to work fine before but we highly suggest to use one of our compatible mobile devices to check. You may double check it here: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

[view_image]

Have been flying for 6 months now with no issues. Today get greyed message top left - disconnected screen black on phone. Using Samsung a5 2017 v4 2.21. Have tried usb cable in bottom with cable to side removed. Tried all sequences of turning on. Have tried with android tablet same. Have Tried with iPhone 7 - same messages. Have tried all combinations of turning on with all. Have deleted DJI app and reloaded still  not working. Have loved my Mavic up until now - but this was my biggest fear that something like this may happen. Green lights on Mavic - could fly it without the phone screen just will not connect ....can anyone help and or advise me please? Thank you
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Balloon Posted at 2018-8-2 08:40
Have been flying for 6 months now with no issues. Today get greyed message top left - disconnected screen black on phone. Using Samsung a5 2017 v4 2.21. Have tried usb cable in bottom with cable to side removed. Tried all sequences of turning on. Have tried with android tablet same. Have Tried with iPhone 7 - same messages. Have tried all combinations of turning on with all. Have deleted DJI app and reloaded still  not working. Have loved my Mavic up until now - but this was my biggest fear that something like this may happen. Green lights on Mavic - could fly it without the phone screen just will not connect ....can anyone help and or advise me please? Thank you

Hello there. Did you try to reinstall the app? How about using a different USB cable? Can you also try to refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2?
2018-8-2
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
United States

It is amazing this groundhog day mentality we are getting. There have been literally hundreds of reports of issues with 4.2.21 and above, and with every new post, it's responded to as if this is a new revelation.
2018-8-2
Use props
nnote
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358048 ft
United States

Thank you for the response. I understand that your phone used to work fine before but we highly suggest to use one of our compatible mobile devices to check. You may double check it here: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

[view_image]

I have a nexus 6P and DJIGO is failing bad.
How about we cut out the constant canned responses with the same "Compatible devices" list quoted over and over, when the "Compatible Devices" don't even work anymore?
If DJI were to actually READ the threads here they would see that all these repeated advices DJI gives are having no affect at all in solving the issues.
2018-8-2
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-8-2 06:00
I just activated me new Mavic yesterday. In doing so, I updated everything to the most recent software and app. I took it out for about half a battery just to test it out. I didn't have any issues of it dropping connection at all or anything else strange. I am running it on a Samsung Note8

Note 8 is fine because it is a very powerful system with 6G ram. MIni4's have 2G ram and those are also starting to have problems with video fpv. Android tablets and devices less than 3G are really having trouble. The Go4 app is overgrown
2018-8-2
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

I was having several problems with my others phones and DJI GO 4 with the v4.1.9 as the last version to be working fine, but after buying this new one, the latest update version is working very well, with no problem at all.
Every update that DJI release, their app needs more memory and more CPU power.

My phone is an Vernee Mars Pro (Android 7,  Octa P25 2.5 GHz, 6 GB Ram and 64 GB Rom )
DJI GO App: 4.2.21
Aircraft FW: 01.04.0400
Remote FW: 01.04.0400

2018-8-2
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

Based on the above reports. I have downgraded the App to 4.2.16, which seems according to what I have read, the last stable version.

Obtained from here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-2-16-release/  and thanks to Henrijs for the link.

Uninstall 4.2.21 1st then install the above.
2018-8-2
Use props
Balloon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 826486 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-2 08:53
Hello there. Did you try to reinstall the app? How about using a different USB cable? Can you also try to refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2?

I have done all of the above - even used a different phone but still the same issues - no feed to the phone - I cannot get the controller to connect to assistant to update/refresh its firmware - what can I do now - this is clearly not fit for purpose - getting really fed up as I am not a computer expert and this is getting ridiculous.
2018-8-2
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

It's crappy
2018-8-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Also on CS .400 FW no issues, seems 4.2.16 with .400 is the answer or workaround. For Some.
2018-8-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-2 13:46
Also on CS .400 FW no issues, seems 4.2.16 with .400 is the answer or workaround. For Some.

I have observed that the GO 4 versions are getting ever more hardware demanding (from what I know this is mainly sourcecode encryption related because too many competitors and others are desperate to hack it). The collateral damage is that slightly older mobile devices struggle running it. Since we have not seen new features included since quite a while, I fully agree that rolling back to an older version is a good option for many for the time being. But DJI should at the same time work on optimising the sourcecode in such a way, that it will work well on as many mobile devices as possible.
2018-8-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-2 13:57
I have observed that the GO 4 versions are getting ever more hardware demanding (from what I know this is mainly sourcecode encryption related because too many competitors and others are desperate to hack it). The collateral damage is that slightly older mobile devices struggle running it. Since we have not seen new features included since quite a while, I fully agree that rolling back to an older version is a good option for many for the time being. But DJI should at the same time work on optimising the sourcecode in such a way, that it will work well on as many mobile devices as possible.

I fully agree with everything you say, we see with Autel Evo it only works 5 devices and anaffi I believe it’s similar.
2018-8-2
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Norway

alexmbraMav Posted at 2018-8-2 12:52
I was having several problems with my others phones and DJI GO 4 with the v4.1.9 as the last version to be working fine, but after buying this new one, the latest update version is working very well, with no problem at all.
Every update that DJI release, their app needs more memory and more CPU power.

My Axon 7 has 4 GB of ram, I think it should be enough. How many flights do you have with your new phone? I do not have issues 100% of the time, but they are becoming more frequent now.

2018-8-2
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Norway

Ken Storm Posted at 2018-8-2 13:18
Based on the above reports. I have downgraded the App to 4.2.16, which seems according to what I have read, the last stable version.

Obtained from here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-2-16-release/  and thanks to Henrijs for the link.

Do you need to update/downgrade something else? or just the app?
2018-8-2
Use props
nnote
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358048 ft
United States

I've gone back to .12 with no luck. Tried .16 and .14 also. No luck
2018-8-2
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

eried Posted at 2018-8-2 14:34
My Axon 7 has 4 GB of ram, I think it should be enough. How many flights do you have with your new phone? I do not have issues 100% of the time, but they are becoming more frequent now.

How many? I don't know, but I received that phone on 7/18, almost a month, and I have being flying two bateries almost  three or four times per week.
2018-8-2
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

nnote Posted at 2018-8-2 14:36
I've gone back to .12 with no luck. Tried .16 and .14 also. No luck

Before I had to go back to v4.1.9 to have a version that was working without problems. But that version didn't have Quickshots yet.
2018-8-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-2 13:57
I have observed that the GO 4 versions are getting ever more hardware demanding (from what I know this is mainly sourcecode encryption related because too many competitors and others are desperate to hack it). The collateral damage is that slightly older mobile devices struggle running it. Since we have not seen new features included since quite a while, I fully agree that rolling back to an older version is a good option for many for the time being. But DJI should at the same time work on optimising the sourcecode in such a way, that it will work well on as many mobile devices as possible.

(from what I know this is mainly sourcecode encryption related because too many competitors and others are desperate to hack it).

Where did you get that DJI is running encrypted source code (''sourcecode encryption'') through an interpreter for GO-4?

2018-8-2
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-2 14:06
I fully agree with everything you say, we see with Autel Evo it only works 5 devices and anaffi I believe it’s similar.

Several guys here just got the Evo and said the Android products are fine. S2's S3's, Shield, Zen 10, Tab A8, Note 4, Asus TF300 that was rooted with 6.0 also works great.
2018-8-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-8-2 19:26
Several guys here just got the Evo and said the Android products are fine. S2's S3's, Shield, Zen 10, Tab A8, Note 4, Asus TF300 that was rooted with 6.0 also works great.

Yes we know that some android devices are fine, but iOS app still in beta with drone out now 6 weeks, no 900mhz as promised, it’s very hard to defend this drone any more than the problems with android on new 4.2.21 . This is the world of drones and I might include all new technology.
2018-8-3
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-3 02:57
Yes we know that some android devices are fine, but iOS app still in beta with drone out now 6 weeks, no 900mhz as promised, it’s very hard to defend this drone any more than the problems with android on new 4.2.21 . This is the world of drones and I might include all new technology.

FWIW and as I have posted many times, ANY mfg that makes these drones have to have apps that function for the devices. iOS Android does not matter.

The number of failing Android Apps for devices even included on the supported list are to me, and other droners just as dangerous and threatening to the hobby as are some idiot pilots. In fact in recent months I consider the app failures more of a threat to the droning community than I do a dumb pilot near an airfield. Why? Because flyaways end up somewhere.. App disconnects of late have many times resulted in lost drones. Pilot is freaking out, devices are still connected but the app is down. Time is ticking. If that happened 15 min mid flight, user has just a couple minutes to figure it out. He presses RTH.. ohh but battery will not support RTH.. what happens? lands somewhere it is not supposed to be., or RH is not set properly and you have one fly into the side of a hotel building as one did recently (Mavic Air) at OC Md.

Apps designed for FPV that crash in flight can be very dangerous to the public, and no doubt will create more and more NFZ's for us all.

Collectively, regardless of mfg, we have to be certain these apps are working for ALL.  

On FB groups and other places I see this "well it works on iOS so sorry tough luck.. or for Autel, "works for Android". as to sa haha yanny yanny boo boo crap.

Fact is, these mfgs need working apps for every version they say they support. DJI lists as far down as Android 4.2 and those devices probably could never handle Go4 today.

My premise and hope is that these devices, apps, drones work on the platforms they were said to operate with. If not, remove them from supported devices, or make an app that does. Making devices or apps unsafe for flights is irreponsible and dangerous. Do it right, or the hobby can get to a point fewer and fewer will allow flights other than large rural airfields zoned for RC aircraft.
2018-8-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-8-3 06:59
FWIW and as I have posted many times, ANY mfg that makes these drones have to have apps that function for the devices. iOS Android does not matter.

The number of failing Android Apps for devices even included on the supported list are to me, and other droners just as dangerous and threatening to the hobby as are some idiot pilots. In fact in recent months I consider the app failures more of a threat to the droning community than I do a dumb pilot near an airfield. Why? Because flyaways end up somewhere.. App disconnects of late have many times resulted in lost drones. Pilot is freaking out, devices are still connected but the app is down. Time is ticking. If that happened 15 min mid flight, user has just a couple minutes to figure it out. He presses RTH.. ohh but battery will not support RTH.. what happens? lands somewhere it is not supposed to be., or RH is not set properly and you have one fly into the side of a hotel building as one did recently (Mavic Air) at OC Md.

First off I agree app should work, that’s a given, but what do we all know about apps, we know in everyday use apps continually get bugs, we update apps on a daily basis because of bugs, so apps can be problem some.
Your analogy regarding drone out with not enough battery to get home, is not a very good one, because in the first place how is drone supposed to get back home whether it looses FPV or not, this is completely dangerous on the users part, so it doesn’t make any sense.

Your drone is illegal to fly only in FPV so this must also be taken into account, in your need to impress on us that it’s more dangerous to the community than idiots flying around breaking rules, and as someone who belongs to a drone club, the fact that you completely ignore the fact that flying within VLOS and having a plan as to what to do when something goes wrong is more of an indictment on you.

With regards to app not working on some android devices, this is a problem, but I have not seen many cases around here where drone crashed or was lost as a direct result of loosing FPV , and again user should be flying in VLOS, if he chooses to fly BVLOS then he is fully responsible for what happens as the pilot of the craft, as I’m sure you are well aware.
To date we have seen no reports here of damage to persons or property because of this problem. It was also noted in Recent FW update notes, that if there were problems that we could both revert back to older FW or SW.
You may have seen different on Facebook, but I’ve been on the Facebook page and Frankly what’s going on with some pilots over there regarding idiot flying is nothing short of shocking and failing app pales into significant from what I see happening.

Yes dji need to get app working for users of Mavic Pro Mavic Air, incidentally this problem seems to be having little or no effect on phantom inspire or Matrice users, and hopefully dji are working on improving the app for all of us.
For some this is a war for others the need to help if they can those having problems with the app, but continually being shot down for making any suggestions. Being that users will have to wait to get update of app, the community here are trying to help those who are having problems, I believe dji are well aware of the problem and hopefully new solutions will come soon.
2018-8-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Collectively, regardless of mfg, we have to be certain these apps are working for ALL.

Be a whole lot easier if we didn't have to deal with excuse making deniers, and silently oblivious manufactures.
2018-8-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Thank you for the response. I understand that your phone used to work fine before but we highly suggest to use one of our compatible mobile devices to check. You may double check it here: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

[view_image]

Questions on the APP / Live View list:

Is DJI testing every App release of GO / GO-4 on all SmartDevices shown in list?
(If there is a problem detected, is release held till problem is fixed?)

Is DJI testing every Mavic firmware update on all SmartDevices shown in list?  
(To ensure changes to firmware do not induce GO / GO-4 / Smartdevice problems.)

2018-8-3
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

So going by the poll 62.50 percent have disconnecting , Image loss or poor Image problems  .
2018-8-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

I get it.  Having been there with disconnection.  You are doing your best to recover as time ticks away, knowing you may loose expensive drone, and drone may fly off and do damage.

When you couple faulty software with those who sometimes do fly BVLOS -  it is accident looking for wrong place to happen.

Making it worse is manufactures who put out faulty software that can't be rolled back, or remain silent about problems, leaving customers in dark as to what all is wrong, and when a resolution is coming.
2018-8-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Kingram Posted at 2018-8-3 08:37
So going by the poll 62.50 percent have disconnecting , Image loss or poor Image problems  .

But, but, but, but...
All is well for 37.5%!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is close enough to 100%, thus no problems.

2018-8-3
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

I love saying this.  Android Note 5, running the latest Firmware, running the latest app, v4.2.21.  And I've had Zero problems with control, video, telemetry or ANYTHING!  Rock Solid as usual.  The only bug that I've seen is that I wish they would fix the "DJI Album" Sync to the phone so that i can get the photos to my phone like I use to instead of having 3 extra steps to get them there.  They still have the Sync selector on the setup menu, so why doesn't it work....  Yet???  I'd rather get the DJI Album back and get rid of the useless "Cache Image" download.
2018-8-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-8-3 12:15
I love saying this.  Android Note 5, running the latest Firmware, running the latest app, v4.2.21.  And I've had Zero problems with control, video, telemetry or ANYTHING!  Rock Solid as usual.  The only bug that I've seen is that I wish they would fix the "DJI Album" Sync to the phone so that i can get the photos to my phone like I use to instead of having 3 extra steps to get them there.  They still have the Sync selector on the setup menu, so why doesn't it work....  Yet???  I'd rather get the DJI Album back and get rid of the useless "Cache Image" download.

It’s hard to get a proper figure or just what the issue is, is it just one thing or many different things, I have been checking here in Ireland with many who are using a whole host of different androids , and no one is reporting problems except problems caused through the usual known factors that can easily be avoided, It’s the same with iOS whether mini iPad or iPad Pro , almost all I asked where on up to date FW but many on different versions of go4 app.
Like this week here on the forum two different guys using carbon fiber props , causing serious problems with live view, simple matter of removing props and problems were gone, now I wonder how many others that might have this simple problem. It’s all very confusing.
2018-8-3
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules