Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Professional footage with edit
2675 27 2015-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hatwaks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160860 ft
United States

My wife and I took a road trip down the Oregon Coast to L.A. and this is the finished product. I love how easy the Phantom 3 has operated, even under windy conditions during the shots of the sand dunes.

This video is our first video with the Phantom 3 shot at a friend's private residence. We think that UAV's will have a strong purpose in the real estate industry and we wanted to test it for ourselves.

We love feedback please let us know what you think!
2015-5-24
Use props
P4TRI0T
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53645 ft
United States

Very cool.
2015-5-24
Use props
h8tow8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82602 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good stuff, especially like the snap to beat cuts you implemented. Oregon coastline is stunning, thanks for sharing!
2015-5-24
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

h8tow8@gmail.co Posted at 2015-5-25 05:17
Good stuff, especially like the snap to beat cuts you implemented. Oregon coastline is stunning, tha ...

Nice videos. My wife and I took a 10,000 mile auto trip this time last year. Drove up through Malivu, Big Sur, Oregon coast, etc. Got some great pics, some pretty good ground-based video - didn't have a quad yet. I think we were in a couple of the places you  filmed. Unbelievable scenery.

Had lunch one day at a place called Ragged Point Inn. The scenery from the cliff-side was to die for. A quad might have done it justice.

Again, good work. I'm envious. Have to hunt hard here in Florida for great scenery - we're just so flat!
2015-5-25
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United States

Great videos, Loving the edit! - Adam
2015-5-25
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Excellent work.  Nice edits.

Only 1 suggestion..  The opening shot of the real estate video is a bit dark.

Keep up the great work!
2015-5-25
Use props
snsjets
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730518 ft
United States

Very cool!
2015-5-25
Use props
jacmac64
lvl.3

United States

Very Nice

I think you're right there is a lot of uses Phantoms could be used commercially. To bad the FAA wants to set the requirements so high. I think a written test and a flying test would make more sense. There are a lot of good drone pilots that can't fly a plane and also a lot of airplane pilots that can't fly a drone.

2015-5-25
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

You're a braver pilot than I... on the shots close to the tree did you line them up and measure them before shooting or did you do those from eye?  I like the reverse out shots too.  Too easy just to zoom in.  Great work. :-)
2015-5-25
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Loving the work in the trees.     Brings out the birds true abilities.       Pilot showing some brass too.

Awesome skills!  
Cool share.  Thanx  
2015-5-25
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

What do you have your gimbal speed set at?   I like the movement. 30?
2015-5-25
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

And.  Your horizon....  It's actually horizontal !!!  So's mine  ;)
Another thing though.  Keep flying really really close to branches....  You should just go ahead and order another P3 now.  With my P2V+ I hovered around a tree during Christmas while a couple of families with their kids were watching excitedly...  one little eensy-teensy touch of a prop blade and she dropped 20 feet to the road below.  It actually survived (thanks to the camera saver I installed from uavbits.net).  My P3 will never get so close, I swear!   Great vids tho - lengthen the cuts - a little short in time.
2015-5-25
Use props
hatwaks
lvl.2
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-26 00:24
Nice videos. My wife and I took a 10,000 mile auto trip this time last year. Drove up through Mali ...

We couldn't get over the scenery in Oregon. We had to restrict ourselves from stopping a few times because we wanted to pull over at every turn off to take more pictures! At one stop the Phantom battery hadn't charged yet but I pulled out or DSLR and snapped some great shots of a lighthouse and Sea Lions hanging out on the rocks. It just seemed like everywhere we turned there was something new to see.

I was hoping to go through Big Sur but since we had a bit of a time crunch we had to cross over from the PCH in Southern OR. I am hoping one day that we will be able to make the full drive, and maybe next time with 3-4 more Phantom batteries as well.

Thanks again for the compliments and feedback!
2015-5-25
Use props
hatwaks
lvl.2
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-5-26 01:51
Excellent work.  Nice edits.

Only 1 suggestion..  The opening shot of the real estate video is a bi ...

Thanks, Fulgerite! We appreciate all feedback, good or bad. How else would we make improvements for the future? We agree that color correction could have helped this, but to be honest, our older laptops were having trouble editing with 4k, so we decided to just leave it. If we keep up these projects, some new hardware is probably in store for us... Thanks again!
2015-5-25
Use props
hatwaks
lvl.2
United States

jon.jongodfrey Posted at 2015-5-26 04:29
You're a braver pilot than I... on the shots close to the tree did you line them up and measure them ...

Brave is not the word... It was definitely a "phew!!" moment, but when we saw the shot, we were very pleased! I was paying very close attention to the actual drone and not the video during that shot and was able to gauge it just right. Thanks very much for your feedback!
2015-5-25
Use props
hatwaks
lvl.2
United States

Michael Starley Posted at 2015-5-26 04:36
Loving the work in the trees.     Brings out the birds true abilities.       Pilot showing some bras ...

Thanks! Appreciate the feedback.
2015-5-25
Use props
ruprick
lvl.2

United States

hatwaks Posted at 2015-5-26 13:45
Thanks! Appreciate the feedback.

Can you comment on your video settings? Fps, etc?
2015-5-25
Use props
ruprick
lvl.2

United States

Duplicate post
2015-5-25
Use props
hatwaks
lvl.2
United States

ruprick@gmail.c Posted at 2015-5-26 14:17
Can you comment on your video settings? Fps, etc?

For both videos  we shot at 4k 30fps. The real estate video was exported in H.264 at 4k and while the Oregon Coast video was shot at 4k we could only export at 1080p 30fps as our computer was having a heck of a time dealing with 4k. Color settings were set to to LOG for both. For the real estate video no color correction, exposure, etc. was added; just wanted to see what it looked like coming straight from the Phantom and then to youtube. For the Oregon Coast video we color corrected in Premiere with just basic corrections.

In the future we would love to export 4k for everything but it was just too taxing on our older laptop computer that we are traveling with. Hopefully in the not so distant future we can handle the 4k more easily with some hardware upgrades.

Hope this answers your question. All the best.
2015-5-25
Use props
hatwaks
lvl.2
United States

MikeAngelo Posted at 2015-5-26 06:29
What do you have your gimbal speed set at?   I like the movement. 30?

Hey Mike,

I actually didn't even know you could change that until you asked what speed mine was set at. So thank you for bringing that to my attention! For the videos above it was set at 100 (which I believe is default out of the box settings) but I was just very slowly pushing it for the camera movements.

Just yesterday I played around in the simulator and changed speeds. Needless to say, next time I take it up in the air it will be a lot easier to fly and control the camera.

Thanks again!
2015-5-28
Use props
hatwaks
lvl.2
United States

Michael Starley Posted at 2015-5-26 04:36
Loving the work in the trees.     Brings out the birds true abilities.       Pilot showing some bras ...

Duplicate Post.
2015-5-28
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

Lovely good job
2015-5-28
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

hatwaks Posted at 2015-5-29 01:59
Hey Mike,

I actually didn't even know you could change that until you asked what speed mine was s ...

Even more impressive
2015-5-28
Use props
ralf.melles
lvl.1

Germany

Stunning!

I love your footage (the country as well) and the editing too!

Maybe the colors in the first video could be more vibrant (just a personal thought).

Keep up your great work...
2015-5-29
Use props
pagliai.mauro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 34753871 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Wonderful work! Great camera movements, really inspiring. Oregon Coast is an amazing place.
2015-5-29
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Awesome for real estate. I would give precedence over any listing that has that sort of hollywood production quality. Great work.
2015-6-2
Use props
inflowmotion
lvl.1

United States

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XVdD9L80hGk1080p 59f
New Castel in germany / Bayern / ingolstadt

2015 www.inflowmotion.de
2015-6-5
Use props
hatwaks
lvl.2
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-6-3 07:38
Awesome for real estate. I would give precedence over any listing that has that sort of hollywood pr ...

Thank you so much for the feedback! We completely agree that this type of video will be so useful in the real estate industry! Hopefully the FAA lifts its exemption rules to make it easier to do this type of work for pay!
2015-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules