2823 9 2018-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bayou7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 349163 ft
  • >>>
United States

[size=14.6667px]I was testing the 'follow' capability in Active Track by trying to follow my brother's jeep in the desert area NW of Phoenix. The Spark followed it for quite a distance. When it stopped, I had assumed that it was because the jeep reached a speed too fast for the Spark. But when I eventually examined the flight record, i saw the notice " Active Track Stopped. Aircraft Entering Restricted Area" . See the screenshot below. AirMap shows no restricted area at this location. FlySafe shows that it's within a very large area associated with Luke Air Force Base. But we had been flying in that area for sev[size=14.6667px]eral hours with no warnings or notices. There is nothing I can find that shows a Restricted Area boundary at the point where the flight stopped. The Spark 'follow ' speed never exceeded 10 mph. Another forum suggested  that this might well be an error in Fly safe data base and suggested I post this on the official Spark Form.
[size=14.6667px]Any ideas what's going on?

From flight record

From flight record

IMG_20180801_173548c.jpg
2018-8-2
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

While not related to the warning you received....
I seem to recall a video or thread here that talked about Active Track and that it could only go so far from the home point.  Is it possible that you hit that distance and that it just happened to occur when the AC entered the boundary area?
2018-8-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

AC5FF Posted at 2018-8-2 08:49
While not related to the warning you received....
I seem to recall a video or thread here that talked about Active Track and that it could only go so far from the home point.  Is it possible that you hit that distance and that it just happened to occur when the AC entered the boundary area?

932 feet, if just connected to the phone, it would have stopped at 330 feet, about.
How far is the airport away?
Have you looked IN the flight record?
Perhaps some GPS-mismatches?

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

2018-8-2
Use props
Bayou7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 349163 ft
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-8-2 09:14
932 feet, if just connected to the phone, it would have stopped at 330 feet, about.
How far is the airport away?
Have you looked IN the flight record?

Thanks for the link; I'll try looking at that. What are gps mismatches? I was well away from any airport--at least 10s of miles. I had received no notices upon takeoff or when flying  closer to airport earlier in the day,
Could it be that what the Spark calls the " Restricted Area" is actually the boundary set by the maximum distance limit?
2018-8-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Bayou7 Posted at 2018-8-2 09:24
Thanks for the link; I'll try looking at that. What are gps mismatches? I was well away from any airport--at least 10s of miles. I had received no notices upon takeoff or when flying  closer to airport earlier in the day,
Could it be that what the Spark calls the " Restricted Area" is actually the boundary set by the maximum distance limit?

GPS mismatch is when the drone don't trust the GPS data it receives.
Just a thought, not exactely knowing where it is, but some secs before was close to whatever, stopping could be a smart move!
How far away is the Base? Which direction?
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. You may check the Geozone map and see if the location where you are right now is a restricted zone: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2018-8-3
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

I hate to resurrect old threads.. but I have this same problem... more or less.

I have two sparks.  Both ac's on the latest firmware, both rc's on the latest firmware, and both phones (1 Pixel 2, 1 Iphone 6s) on the latest app versions.  I have also made sure to update the the basic as well as precision maps once connected to the ac's

With the Android Bird, I can use active track in my own front yard.  IT works, follows me up and down the street and around the house.  No issues.  However the 2nd unit, ALWAYS  says "ActiveTrack Flight Stopped.   Aircraft Entering Restricted Area."  EVERY time I try to use it, it fails... RELIGIOUSLY.  I've double checked that the maps are the same versions between ac's.. they are.  I've verified the firmware versions are the same between ac's,.. they are.  I've even gone as far as to re-do the last firmware install on the ac that doesn't work correctly.  No change.  

Today, I thought maybe, just maybe it was phone related, so I connected my Android phone to the ac that won't ActiveTrack and flew it around... Tried active track and it did not work.  The AC still thinks it's entering restricted airspace - which it is NOT.  I've verified it with  DJI's GeoZone map that's linked in the post above.  I've verified it with the UAV Forecast App map.  NEITHER show any  Restricted air space.  My other Spark works perfectly, and the 2nd does NOT.

Can someone tell me what to do in order to fix this issue?

Thanks!
2018-10-28
Use props
djiuser_KCAdFM9VAwXJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12552 ft
Belgium

I hope DJI gets back to this thread because I'm suffering from the same issue . Activetrack stopped.. entering restricted area message.
It's not 100% the same environment, because I do fly in a warning zone.. which is invisible on the mobile website geo zone map.. And is only visible on the regular geo zone map website.

I made a video on the issue I have at :
https://youtu.be/qevJ41ZoGVY
2018-10-29
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

djiuser_KCAdFM9VAwXJ Posted at 2018-10-29 06:02
I hope DJI gets back to this thread because I'm suffering from the same issue . Activetrack stopped.. entering restricted area message.
It's not 100% the same environment, because I do fly in a warning zone.. which is invisible on the mobile website geo zone map.. And is only visible on the regular geo zone map website.

Well, for the time being, I seem to have solved the problem.

I got tired of waiting on DJI to weigh in on this problem, so I went down my own path.

Today, I connected to DJI Assistant 2 on my pc and forced a "Restore Factory Defaults" to the AC.

Upon next connection with the RC / App, it asked me to update the NFZ maps.  I did, and it apparently overwrote the previously incorrect one, and I can now use ActiveTrack in my own front yard.

I hope your issue can be resolved like mine was... for now.  Let's hope it holds.
I don't know how long it will take them to move through all the "airports" across the globe to update to this new style geofencing for airports, but to put it into effect, one would think they will "eventually" get around to it - and if you aren't attempting to fly in runway paths, the NFZ should shrink away from your flying area a bit....

DJI Airport GeoFencing

2018-10-29
Use props
djiuser_KCAdFM9VAwXJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12552 ft
Belgium

White Ox Posted at 2018-10-29 08:35
Well, for the time being, I seem to have solved the problem.

I got tired of waiting on DJI to weigh in on this problem, so I went down my own path.

Ah so it looks like there may have been an obsolte and incorrect nfz map in the aircraft that it still recognized as restricted area, but was not overwritten by newer nfz map updates.. and by resetting to factory defaults and reloading the latest nfz maps it got rid of that error / restricted area.

It's worth a try.. However I'm novice to all this and don't know what else has to be redone after resetting the AC to factory default.

Thanks for the advice.
2018-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules