Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO 2 + Samsung S9+
4392 22 2018-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
4BYE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 391444 ft
Netherlands

Hello,

Bought the OSMO 2 to use with my Samsung S9+ (traded my S7 because 9+ has a lot more video and photo options AND couldn't be placed properly on OSMO 2 without shooting part of gimbal on the right).

However I noticed that I can only set 4K Video or 1080 Video. No fps choice, no slowmotion.

Seeing YouTube video's where they use iPhones and there are all the options that are in the phone too.
Different frame rates, more options, it's anoying that S9+ doesn't have that.

So what am I shooting when I use OSMO 2 in 4K (or others) on S9+? Is it all 30fps?
Will there be more options for Android near in the future? (don't want to buy iPhone where I bought the S9+ recently!)

I'm an enthousiastic user of Mavic Air but this one is a bit of a bummer.

2018-8-2
Use props
STRIDE8
Captain
Flight distance : 538271 ft
United States

Unfortunately we android users do not have the full compliment of features on the GO app.. we will just have to wait
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Super Moderator

Hi, sorry about the troubles that it caused, may I know what version of your DJI GO app? Would it be possible if you can provide the screenshot of the issue? Please keep us posted for further help.
2018-8-2
Use props
4BYE
lvl.2
Netherlands

Tony, it's the latest version.

This is all I can get...
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

4BYE Posted at 2018-8-2 22:30
Tony, it's the latest version.

[view_image]

Hello there. Sorry for the late response. As of now, it's normal for Android devices that won't show any option to choose fps and slow motion. It will be based on the capability of the phone to do so. It will automatically all be on 30 fps. You may try to reinstall the app or try to use a different device.
2018-8-3
Use props
4BYE
lvl.2
Netherlands

What would reinstall do??? Suddenly show all the options?
I just wrote I bought the Samsung S9+ especially for video and photo. I had a good S7 that is on the list but doesn't work simply because it films part of the gimbal.
(See my other thread.)
I bought FiLMiC Pro yesterday and can set all available options in resolution and frame rates. 4K 60 fps /1080P 120 fps/ 4k 24fps etc.

Edit: Have to add that only Samsung S9(+) with Exynos chip will have all/most options in FiLMiC Pro. Snapdragon chip has far less options. Check their website or use their other app which shows what it can do on specific phone.
2018-8-3
Use props
STRIDE8
Captain
Flight distance : 538271 ft
United States

4BYE Posted at 2018-8-3 03:08
What would reinstall do??? Suddenly show all the options?
I just wrote I bought the Samsung S9+ especially for video and photo. I had a good S7 that is on the list but doesn't work simply because it films part of the gimbal.
(See my other thread.)

I believe when he says a different phone, he means an iPhone.. They have all the features available.. You will get the same results on any other android
2018-8-3
Use props
4BYE
lvl.2
Netherlands

STRIDE8 Posted at 2018-8-3 06:30
I believe when he says a different phone, he means an iPhone.. They have all the features available.. You will get the same results on any other android

Yes I got that. I would suggest a firmer warning for Android users that the app isn't up to date compared to the iPhone.
I bought and explored FiLMiC Pro and it's amazing that I can do most of what I want, and with OSMO 2.
So if they can make it work why can't DJI? (or make a deal with FiLMiC Pro)
I paid € 12.95 for the app and will probably pay for a Cinematic Profile (in app purchase). But it's real professional as far as I can tell.
Will be exploring everything next couple of weeks!

Edit: Have to add that only Samsung S9(+) with Exynos chip will have all/most options in FiLMiC Pro. Snapdragon chip has far less options. Check their website or use their other app which shows what it can do on specific phone.

This video makes everything clear:

2018-8-3
Use props
liamski
First Officer
Flight distance : 125784 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, Filmic Pro is vastly superior anyway. Very nice app which works well with the OM2
2018-8-4
Use props
4BYE
lvl.2
Netherlands

liamski Posted at 2018-8-4 03:33
Yes, Filmic Pro is vastly superior anyway. Very nice app which works well with the OM2

It seems that way the more I get comfortable with it!

2018-8-4
Use props
liamski
First Officer
United Kingdom

4BYE Posted at 2018-8-4 06:37
It seems that way the more I get comfortable with it!

Definietely. Captured these using Filmic Pro with the S9+

2018-8-4
Use props
4BYE
lvl.2
Netherlands

liamski Posted at 2018-8-4 06:42
Definietely. Captured these using Filmic Pro with the S9+

morden filmic

That's a great video! Love the music too. Well chosen.
Since you got experience in FiLMiC Pro, should I make/use presets in FiLMiC Pro to make it easy when shooting? I see that it resets every time I startup again. (so I think YES)
How do you go from slow motion back to real time, Is that in post production?

Thanks for sharing!
2018-8-4
Use props
kegobeer
lvl.2
United States

I'm in the same boat - my Pixel 2 has a fantastic camera, and yet unless I buy an iPhone I can't use any of the good stuff with the DJI app. It sure would be nice to film in 120fps AND have the ability to track, and not just use the stabilizer when using FilMiC Pro (which is a fantastic app!)

Is there any software engineer working on giving the Android community the same options as the iPhone?
2018-8-4
Use props
4BYE
lvl.2
Netherlands

kegobeer Posted at 2018-8-4 18:41
I'm in the same boat - my Pixel 2 has a fantastic camera, and yet unless I buy an iPhone I can't use any of the good stuff with the DJI app. It sure would be nice to film in 120fps AND have the ability to track, and not just use the stabilizer when using FilMiC Pro (which is a fantastic app!)

Is there any software engineer working on giving the Android community the same options as the iPhone?

I'm starting to read more topics on this forum. People are complaining about the same things a year ago. Maybe they should team up with FiLMiC Pro and include that as the app for OSMO. I guess I will shoot most with FiLMiC Pro but have to use DPI app for a few options. It's not professional. So far I think their hardware is. (Mavic Air/OSMO 2) Why is it so hard for manufacturers to come up with software that is on level with their products? I know there are problems with Samsung not giving cooperation but if FiLMiC Pro finds a way so should DJI. So either way I hope FiLMiC Pro is able to implant tracking or DJI comes up with a better app for Android users.
2018-8-4
Use props
liamski
First Officer
United Kingdom

4BYE Posted at 2018-8-4 09:42
That's a great video! Love the music too. Well chosen.
Since you got experience in FiLMiC Pro, should I make/use presets in FiLMiC Pro to make it easy when shooting? I see that it resets every time I startup again. (so I think YES)
How do you go from slow motion back to real time, Is that in post production?

Hi yes in post production. If I want slow-mo shots, since I always output at 30fps, I set the capture to 120fps and reduce the speed to 25%. I then cut the clip where I want to speed back up and speed that back up to 100%. I made 2 presents in Filmic, 1080p/30fps and 1080p/120fps so I can switch easy. I edit with Shotcut for Windows which is free and actually very, very good
2018-8-5
Use props
kegobeer
lvl.2
United States

4BYE Posted at 2018-8-4 23:43
I'm starting to read more topics on this forum. People are complaining about the same things a year ago. Maybe they should team up with FiLMiC Pro and include that as the app for OSMO. I guess I will shoot most with FiLMiC Pro but have to use DPI app for a few options. It's not professional. So far I think their hardware is. (Mavic Air/OSMO 2) Why is it so hard for manufacturers to come up with software that is on level with their products? I know there are problems with Samsung not giving cooperation but if FiLMiC Pro finds a way so should DJI. So either way I hope FiLMiC Pro is able to implant tracking or DJI comes up with a better app for Android users.

From my experience, when one ecosystem gets more attention than others, it's due to a lack of software engineers. The business looks at things and determines which phone is going to get them the most bang for the buck (Apple vs everyone else), and then they focus their efforts on that phone. In this case, I feel it's Apple - so their limited number of engineers focus on that. Plus, it has to be easier to develop on, since there is only one manufacturer and one OS to deal with.

But I won't buy a phone simply because it's the only thing that works 100% with their gimbal. They should either split the focus and give the big Android phones the same attention, or hire another couple of software engineers so both Apple and Android will get the development they deserve.
2018-8-5
Use props
4BYE
lvl.2
Netherlands

kegobeer Posted at 2018-8-5 15:09
From my experience, when one ecosystem gets more attention than others, it's due to a lack of software engineers. The business looks at things and determines which phone is going to get them the most bang for the buck (Apple vs everyone else), and then they focus their efforts on that phone. In this case, I feel it's Apple - so their limited number of engineers focus on that. Plus, it has to be easier to develop on, since there is only one manufacturer and one OS to deal with.

But I won't buy a phone simply because it's the only thing that works 100% with their gimbal. They should either split the focus and give the big Android phones the same attention, or hire another couple of software engineers so both Apple and Android will get the development they deserve.

I totally agree. I'm still exploring the FiLMiC Pro app and I'm so glad that (almost) everything works with my Samsung S9+. The cinematic in-app purchase is also supported. Hope tracking will be supported soon.
It's my opinion that it should be more clear that when buying an OSMO for Android phone it's less supported. I guess that people buying stuff like this are people putting more effort into filming so therefore they need more options than this.

2018-8-5
Use props
DioCastelo
lvl.1
Brazil

I have one s9. In Filmic Pro, can i make a movie in 120 fps?
Unfortunately I can not do slowmotion in dji app
2018-8-8
Use props
4BYE
lvl.2
Netherlands

DioCastelo Posted at 2018-8-8 15:14

In 4K it's 60 fps max. In 1080P it's 60, 120 & 240. You can download a FiLMiC app that gives you the options for your specific phone. (there's no way to try the FiLMiC Pro app first)

Be aware that only Samsung S9+ with Exynos chip has the options. Snapdragon chip has less options!
2018-8-8
Use props
DioCastelo
lvl.1
Brazil

4BYE Posted at 2018-8-8 23:04
In 4K it's 60 fps max. In 1080P it's 60, 120 & 240. You can download a FiLMiC app that gives you the options for your specific phone. (there's no way to try the FiLMiC Pro app first)

Thanks for the explanation, but I discovered that my s9 comes equipped with snapdragon, so it's limited to 30 fps, unfortunate!
2018-8-16
Use props
4BYE
lvl.2
Netherlands

DioCastelo Posted at 2018-8-16 21:04
Thanks for the explanation, but I discovered that my s9 comes equipped with snapdragon, so it's limited to 30 fps, unfortunate!

Yes, I have seen that. Thanks for mentioning this! Will use that in reviews too, since people could get wrong idee. In Europe we have the Exynos. I especially double checked before I bought it. Could edit above and added the info. Thanks!
2018-8-16
Use props
4BYE
lvl.2
Netherlands

DioCastelo Posted at 2018-8-8 15:14

See their website and check. You could download their other app which shows you the options you have with a specific phone. I forgot about that since I've got the Exynos and didn't realize there are S9 with Snapdragon chip too. I added this info above so other people will know too.
2018-8-16
Use props
danielsm
lvl.1
Brazil

STRIDE8 Posted at 2018-8-2 13:24
Unfortunately we android users do not have the full compliment of features on the GO app.. we will just have to wait

May, 2019, still waiting.

DJI successfully ignored their costumers.
2019-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules