Just recieved my Ronin-S, and I have a few questions to ask
3137 1 2018-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Haxorious
lvl.2
Vietnam

Thank you developers for creating such a beautiful product.

Ps: I've balanced and tested (all excellent) all axis, I also ran Auto tune, and updated the firmware.
1. Can I disable the start-up sound, it's quite loud
2. Can I disable the red blinking light on the focus wheel
3. When I hold the M button for Sport mode, it doesn't react as quickly as advertised. I think it's almost the same as any normal mode. What settings should I check?
My settings:
SmoothTrack - Speed: High, Deadband: Low, Accel: High
3.1 Sometimes when I move too quickly, the I can feel the motor becoming very stiff. Sometime it jerks before turning after me. This happens in normal mode AND Sport mode.
4. I've strapped a battery bank to the pan motor to power my Sony camera through USB, I've rebalanced everything and the Balance Test results were all Excellent. Would this hurt the motor or create any problems in the future? I've been using it fine for the last 2 days.

Velcro strap Battery bank

Velcro strap Battery bank

5. Can I charge the gimbal itself with my battery bank, while using? Should I?
6. Does anybody have a suitable Motor Setting that they could share? I'm using a A6300 with a 18-105G lens. I feel like the motor doesn't work as smoothly as it should be
7. What does "Auto Tune Aggression" mean? It has Low, Normal and High. Should I use Low since my camera is really light-weight?
8. Should I buy a third-party dual handle grip, or should I wait for DJI's official grip? When will it become available, I don't need an exact date, but if it's somewhere near 2019, I can't wait that long.

Thank you for your time, and sorry for asking so much ;-)

2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Haxorious, thanks for reaching us, please kindly find the answers as below:
1&2. There is no option to disable the start-up sound and red blinking light on the focus wheel for now. if the light bothers you, you may unmount the focus wheel to avoid this.
3. Could you upload the video of your operation? We'd like to check the exact status.
4. In theory, it is ok, you may do auto calibration before use.
5. Yes, this feature will be available in the future update.
6&7. You may check the Auto Tune, we recommend using different setting in various scenarios. More details, please visit this link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin-S/Ronin-S%20User%20Manual__v1.0.pdf
8. The grip will be available soon, we'll release more accessories in the near future. Thanks for your patience.
auto tune.png
2018-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules