Simulator turns off?
912 6 2018-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
torakki18
lvl.1

I'm brand new to drones and just got our Spark the other day.  After getting it activated, connected and charged, I wanted to start in simultor mode to practive and learn more. After trial and error to get simultor to open, it only stays open for about 3 seconds and the mobile device goes blank. There's usually two messages in green on the screen, something like "ready to take off" but before I can touch anything or explore more, it shuts off.  Is it me, the drone or the phone (Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime).?  I don't really want to start real flying till I know more about this.  Thanks for any suggestions.
2018-8-2
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Try another phone Mate as I think your phone may not be supported.
2018-8-2
Use props
torakki18
lvl.1
United States

The only other phone we have is older and doesn't work at all.  It's strange, all other features seem to be working.   Thanks for the reply.
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. It is possible that the problem is the phone or the APP itself. Kindly reinstall the APP and make sure to back up your files before you uninstall it. Your phone is a powerful device, however, if the phone is not listed on the recommended devices, it may or may not work properly with the features or functionality of the APP. Rest assured that we will keep improving our products to provide more option when in terms of phone compatibility. Thanks for your patience.
2018-8-3
Use props
torakki18
lvl.1

Thanks DJI Paladin, I'll give that a try when we return from our weekend trip.  I was worried, we would have to just take flight, right off the bat.
Thanks again.
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

torakki18 Posted at 2018-8-3 05:56
Thanks DJI Paladin, I'll give that a try when we return from our weekend trip.  I was worried, we would have to just take flight, right off the bat.
Thanks again.

Hi, thanks for the response. Please keep us posted in any case you need our help.
2018-8-4
Use props
torakki18
lvl.1

This morning, I uninstalled the app and re-installed it.  I get the same thing.  I go into simulator and I see "ready to take off" and then goes blank.  After a few seconds, the screen comes back on but on the page that says Simulator "Enter".  I hit enter again and I get error message, "aircraft must be turned on and connected".  I checked wifi and it is connected.  I did these steps about 4 times in a row, all the same.
  I may just go find a big field and try my hand at it...
2018-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules