Drone malfunctioned, DJI does not stand behind product or servic...
4136 77 2018-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
idoc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8104 ft

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-4 22:33
idoc, we're sorry if there is any misunderstanding during the communication. We cannot access the data if the user didn't sync the flight records successfully. If the data lost or cannot be provided, it might be inconclusive, but finally we got it and we're sorry if this bothers you. As your other questions, we have made it clear on 19# and 26#, here I will not repeat any more, sorry for this.
As mentioned above, if you have any doubts about data, please kindly provide us with the correct one and point out your doubts, we'll forward to our engineers for further verifying.

That's great Susan,

Based on what you say, can you provide an explanation as to how did your team conduct the analysis without any data or asking for data and come to a detailed conclusion?
Also, AGAIN, can you answer directly and in a clear way to the rest of the points I've raised, or are you ignoring them?
You're more than welcome to add info to those points, and I don't think repeating yourself, especially if you're adding value to the experience, is difficult or disrespecting. Saying 'I will not repeat myself' like an angry teacher lecturing their students' isn't really the tone you want to hold with customers who thousands of dollars in your products.

Your tone sounds a bit condescending, so I am summarising my understanding:

Issue 1: The NFZ detection mechanism failed. NFZ was only recognized by the mechanism when the drone was in the air, instead of before take off. NFZ is a serious concern, and
DJI should do more to fix the bug here.

DJI's response so far: Our drones have no bugs.

Issue 2: The drone moved forward then the controller was aiming down. That should never happen, regardless of where the drone is flying.

DJI's response so far:

1. Tech team made decisions without looking at actual flight log data
2. Our drones have no bugs.

Issue 3: Gimbal stopped working while the drone was in the box.

DJI's response so far: Blaming the customer without providing evidence

Issue 4: The charger is disintegrating.

DJI's response for far: Mo response.

Issue 5: Customer service is unprofessional on numerous occasion, resulting in frustration, waste of time, and expectations not met.

DJI's response so far:

1. Our customer service has no issues (provided on multiple occasions by the customer service team
2. We'll talk internally to our teams. We'll do nothing to make up for what we caused.

Issue 6: DJI has been contacted about these complaints and has been avoiding resolution for 3 weeks.

DJI's response for far: No response.

Issue 7: The team ran an analysis and made a conclusion without looking at data or raising an issue with me or anyone, requesting for the data. which is concerning and untrustworthy.

DJI's response so far:

We ask for data. No direct response to the question itself.

Ido

2018-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

idoc Posted at 2018-8-4 23:41
That's great Susan,

Based on what you say, can you provide an explanation as to how did your team conduct the analysis without any data or asking for data and come to a detailed conclusion?

We're trying our best to help you. The management will keep follow up during the working time, thanks for your patience.
2018-8-5
Use props
idoc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks for responding
2018-8-13
Use props
djiuser_5XuT5Rs1E8VL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33553 ft
United States

I’m honestly kinda depressed right now seeing this billion dollar company not willing repair my malfunctioned Mavic air 2. Here’s my story: I’ve been flying my Mavic air 2 for around 2 years, one day I took it off near a pond, around 5 feet ahead of the drone (which was super close to me) there was a branch coming out of the ground, I couldn’t go around it because there a few trees around the branch, so I simply started pulling back the drone to take a different route, but instead of it coming backwards It continued going forward, hit the branch and fell into the pond. I got it out after like 5 seconds because I was super close but when I tried flying again it said battery failure and wouldn’t take off, I assumed that that wasn’t  the only problem and the drone was probably water damaged so I opened a case with DJI, sent the drone to them and after a few days they quoted me 639 USD for a repair!!! And remember, the drone malfuctioned! I mean, that drone was like my life.
2022-5-14
Use props
djiuser_5XuT5Rs1E8VL
lvl.2
United States

DJI, if you really can’t do a free service for a drone t has t malfunctioned, that’s just ridiculous I mean like seriously what the heck I spent around more than 1grand on that thing and now... it kinda feels like I’ve been scammed even though I got aton of use out of it before it happened I’m still just so mad
2022-5-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_5XuT5Rs1E8VL Posted at 5-14 19:19
DJI, if you really can’t do a free service for a drone t has t malfunctioned, that’s just ridiculous I mean like seriously what the heck I spent around more than 1grand on that thing and now... it kinda feels like I’ve been scammed even though I got aton of use out of it before it happened I’m still just so mad

Hello, there. We apologize for your inconvenience. May we know more details about your case? Also, could you please offer us your case number? We will check and forward it to our designated teams. Thanks!
2022-5-14
Use props
djiuser_5XuT5Rs1E8VL
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-14 20:38
Hello, there. We apologize for your inconvenience. May we know more details about your case? Also, could you please offer us your case number? We will check and forward it to our designated teams. Thanks!

Sorry, just saw your reply the case number is

CAS-8849983-R4P9M0
2022-5-22
Use props
djiuser_5XuT5Rs1E8VL
lvl.2
United States

Also, is there a way to access the flight logs from the drone? Because the phone that was used to fly being my friends phone was reset
2022-5-22
Use props
djiuser_5XuT5Rs1E8VL
lvl.2
United States

So it doesn’t have any files on it
2022-5-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_5XuT5Rs1E8VL Posted at 5-22 20:08
So it doesn’t have any files on it

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We just checked your case. Your drone is out of warranty period. For this reason, we can not cover your repair.
We understand your feelings and frustration. Please kindly know that we will forward your voice to our designated teams.
Much appreciate your understanding.
2022-5-22
Use props
djiuser_5XuT5Rs1E8VL
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-22 22:27
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We just checked your case. Your drone is out of warranty period. For this reason, we can not cover your repair.
We understand your feelings and frustration. Please kindly know that we will forward your voice to our designated teams.
Much appreciate your understanding.

Does that mean there’s no chance I’ll get a feee service?
2022-5-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_5XuT5Rs1E8VL Posted at 5-23 05:43
Does that mean there’s no chance I’ll get a feee service?

We've forwarded your concerns and request to the corresponding team. And our team will contact you regarding this issue within working hours. Hope you can wait for the email update patiently.
2022-5-23
Use props
XxDMx79
lvl.2
United States

The only email I got was one saying that you can’t do a free service cuz it’s out of warranty. Dji, stop being like this
2022-5-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

XxDMx79 Posted at 5-25 16:50
The only email I got was one saying that you can’t do a free service cuz it’s out of warranty. Dji, stop being like this

Hello, there. Sorry to hear about that. Please kindly note that our higher department has contacted you. And if you have any concerns, please reply to the email directly. Thank you.
2022-5-25
Use props
XxDMx79
lvl.2
United States

I have responded I’m waiting for a reply now and meanwhile I got a different email from dji saying it’ll get sent back in like 7 days. Why are you doing this dji? If I don’t get a free service I will never buy a dji product again. But also, if it was a malfunction why does it make a difference if it’s out of warranty it was your fault!
2022-5-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

XxDMx79 Posted at 5-26 14:56
I have responded I’m waiting for a reply now and meanwhile I got a different email from dji saying it’ll get sent back in like 7 days. Why are you doing this dji? If I don’t get a free service I will never buy a dji product again. But also, if it was a malfunction why does it make a difference if it’s out of warranty it was your fault!

We apologize for the confusion caused. That email was sent by the system automatically. Please rest assured that we have asked the appropriate team not to send your drone back for now. Our higher department will continue to follow up on your case and respond to your email as soon as possible. Please wait for the update patiently.
2022-5-26
Use props
XxDMx79
lvl.2
United States

Ok, thanks. But I still don’t understand, why can’t you do a
free service? Because it’s out of warranty? That doesn’t really make sense
2022-5-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

XxDMx79 Posted at 5-27 16:05
Ok, thanks. But I still don’t understand, why can’t you do a
free service? Because it’s out of warranty? That doesn’t really make sense

We completely understand how you feel. Currently, all electronic products sold on the market have a warranty period, and their manufacturers will provide free warranty service for them during the warranty period. Please note that we will continue providing paid repair services for an out-of-warranty product. Thank you for your understanding.
2022-5-28
Use props
XxDMx79
lvl.2
United States

So what am I supposed to do if I can’t pay 639 for a 1000 dollar drone that malfunctioned?
2022-5-29
Use props
idoc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

XxDMx79 Posted at 5-29 10:09
So what am I supposed to do if I can’t pay 639 for a 1000 dollar drone that malfunctioned?

Hey! I would to help if I can.

Can I ask a few questions?

2022-5-29
Use props
XxDMx79
lvl.2
United States

Sure man go right ahead
2022-5-29
Use props
idoc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

XxDMx79 Posted at 5-29 11:23
Sure man go right ahead

Where did you buy the drone? (Country, offline or online, what shop)
How long has it been since you purchased it (exactly)?

Am I correct by saying that you pushed the in one direction but it was moving in another direction?

How long has it been since you formally raised the case?
2022-5-29
Use props
XxDMx79
lvl.2
United States

idoc Posted at 5-29 13:20
Where did you buy the drone? (Country, offline or online, what shop)
How long has it been since you purchased it (exactly)?

I bought my fly more combo at my local BestBuy in Chicago IL, I think it's been pretty close to 2 years since I bought it. Yes, I pushed the right joystick backward and the drone went forward. I believe I opened the case something like 45 days ago.
2022-5-29
Use props
idoc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

XxDMx79 Posted at 5-29 17:20
I bought my fly more combo at my local BestBuy in Chicago IL, I think it's been pretty close to 2 years since I bought it. Yes, I pushed the right joystick backward and the drone went forward. I believe I opened the case something like 45 days ago.

OK.

Has it been over 2 years when you raised the case? You want to make sure the dates are exact.

Also, do you know how to playback flight records? The records will show where you directed the drone and where it actually flew.
2022-5-29
Use props
XxDMx79
lvl.2
United States

idoc Posted at 5-29 22:27
OK.

Has it been over 2 years when you raised the case? You want to make sure the dates are exact.

I have a picture that I took with the drone the day I got it but It’s on the drones internal memory and dji has the drone, but I think it was very close to 2 years. And no, I don’t know how to check the flight records, if it’s on the device that I flew with that’s not good, because the phone being my friends was factory reset
2022-5-30
Use props
XxDMx79
lvl.2
United States

idoc Posted at 5-29 22:27
OK.

But I hope there’s a way to access it from the drones internal storage
2022-5-30
Use props
XxDMx79
lvl.2
United States

Or maybe from the sd card
2022-5-30
Use props
idoc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

XxDMx79 Posted at 5-30 05:41
I have a picture that I took with the drone the day I got it but It’s on the drones internal memory and dji has the drone, but I think it was very close to 2 years. And no, I don’t know how to check the flight records, if it’s on the device that I flew with that’s not good, because the phone being my friends was factory reset
Check your receipt or the payment method you used. The date could make a difference - if its under 2 years, even by a day, DJI will have co consider it under warranty.

Lastly you could contact Bestbuy and ask them to help tracking the date.
2022-5-30
Use props
idoc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

XxDMx79 Posted at 5-30 05:42
Or maybe from the sd card

This is pretty important. Flight logs will help you understand what happened, second by second.

Here's how to check it.

https://www.apollomaniacs.com/ipod/howto_ar_drone_basic_mavicmini_log_en.htm#:~:text=Launch%20the%20(DJI%20Fly)%20app,flight%20records%20are%20listed%20here.
2022-5-30
Use props
XxDMx79
lvl.2
United States

idoc Posted at 5-30 23:44
Check your receipt or the payment method you used. The date could make a difference - if its under 2 years, even by a day, DJI will have co consider it under warranty.

Lastly you could contact Bestbuy and ask them to help tracking the date.

I defenitely don't have the reciept although it may turn up somewhere, but I just might remember which payment method was used, and if not that, maybe bestbuy will have the drone on recrod, I'll tell them around the time I bought it and hopfully they can find the exact time, also I don't really think anyone was buying Dji Mavic Air 2 fly more combos at my local bestbuy so it shouldnt be too confusing. One more thing, does it have to be under 2 years since I opened the case?

2022-5-31
Use props
XxDMx79
lvl.2
United States

idoc Posted at 5-30 23:47
This is pretty important. Flight logs will help you understand what happened, second by second.

Here's how to check it.

But where do I check them from? the phone I was using was my freinds and he reset it like a week ago, so it dosen't have any logs on it
2022-5-31
Use props
idoc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

XxDMx79 Posted at 5-31 05:48
But where do I check them from? the phone I was using was my freinds and he reset it like a week ago, so it dosen't have any logs on it

I see. Try downloading the app and log in using the same username you used when you flew. The logs could be on the cloud.

Those logs and the date are what's going to help you find out what happened - in other words, are you still within warranty, and whether it was drone issue or not, so I would start there.

2022-5-31
Use props
XxDMx79
lvl.2
United States

idoc Posted at 5-31 05:52
I see. Try downloading the app and log in using the same username you used when you flew. The logs could be on the cloud.

Those logs and the date are what's going to help you find out what happened - in other words, are you still within warranty, and whether it was drone issue or not, so I would start there.

Ok I'll try it.
2022-5-31
Use props
XxDMx79
lvl.2
United States

How do I download it? it dosen't look like an app. Also, can you download it from a laptop?

2022-5-31
Use props
XxDMx79
lvl.2
United States

XxDMx79 Posted at 5-31 19:30
How do I download it? it dosen't look like an app. Also, can you download it from a laptop?

I just checked and I can get DJI assitant 2 on laptop but it says to connect the drone and obviously I don't have it because I sent it to DJI, so maybe they can check it?
2022-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

XxDMx79 Posted at 5-29 10:09

Hi there, our team has provided the best offer in the email, we hope you can have a consideration. And our team will reply to your email as soon as possible, please wait for the update patiently.
2022-6-1
Use props
XxDMx79
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-1 02:14
Hi there, our team has provided the best offer in the email, we hope you can have a consideration. And our team will reply to your email as soon as possible, please wait for the update patiently.

I got an email saying that I can get a 30% discount "As a sincere gesture of goodwill" but thats still around $445! And i definitely can't do that
2022-6-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

XxDMx79 Posted at 6-1 04:13
I got an email saying that I can get a 30% discount "As a sincere gesture of goodwill" but thats still around $445! And i definitely can't do that

We understand your feelings very well. But we also want you to note that since your drone is out of warranty, the current offer is the best offer we can provide. We sincerely hope that you will give it consideration.
2022-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules