Lost Connection with DJI Pilot App
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kadams
New

United States

I was flying my Phantom 3 today when all of a sudden my IPad went blank, at first I thought I crashed, but I could see my drone and it was still flying right where I left it. I pushed the return home button on the remote and my drone did not return home. I got the app back up on the IPad but it still said it was not connected.

I was however able to fly my drone and it was only about 1500 feet away and I was able to fly it back. So the remote worked and was still connected, but the DJI Pilot App lost connection.

Not sure what happened. I purchased a new cable to connect my remote with my IPad. (In my experience these cables frequently go bad.)

I am wandering if anyone has an ideas on how to avoid this in the future or what may have caused it. I just want to know for future reference.

I love my Phantom 3, its just amazing. This was my 50th flight and I'm glad I did not crash it. (As much as I fly it, I'm sure one day I will crash, but I'm just glad today was not that day.)

2015-5-24
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 752917 ft
United States

So far the best advice has been:

- Enable Hardware Decode in the App
- Turn off Wifi and Bluetooth in your phone/tablet
- Check the channels of connection from the remote. If there is a lot of interference try choosing a quiet channel manually
- Try staying away from dense neighborhoods, power lines, power station, radio antennas or anywhere where Radio Signals and Wifi may be in abundance.

I tend to have more issues with blackouts when I fly in my neighborhood for what it is worth. And also at certain times of the day. I went for a sunrise flight and everything was fine. The next day I took it out in the afternoon and got serious video lag.  
2015-5-24
Use props
kadams
New

United States

digitaldave Posted at 2015-5-25 06:26
So far the best advice has been:

- Enable Hardware Decode in the App

Thanks for the advice.
2015-5-24
Use props
wanccie
lvl.2

United States

I have flown 55 flights and noticed if I change the Image Transmission HD setting in the DJI app to custom all of my issues went away.  When you change it to custom and select the most stable channel it works perfectly now.  Give it a try and let me know.  I'm on an iPad mini 2.

Thanks
lloyd
2015-5-24
Use props
QuikSilver15
lvl.2

United States

wanccie Posted at 2015-5-25 11:59
I have flown 55 flights and noticed if I change the Image Transmission HD setting in the DJI app to  ...

By "stable" are we suppose to chose the lowest bar per channel? In my neighborhood I look at my channels and I can see certain channels jump to stable and unstable (red and green) constantly....Normally I choose channel 13 (unlucky I know...) but I thought stable also meant "lowest bar on graph". Is that not correct?

I also do the hardware decode which seems to reboot the phone atleast 1/3 flights....
2015-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules