Cannot balance the Roll Axis!!!!!
4615 4 2018-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phil Parkinson
New
United Arab Emirates

I saw this on a previous thread, but the reply there hasn't solved my issue. I am using the Ronin S with an A7S2 and 24-105 lens. I've balanced the tilt axis by pointing the camera up and then straight on. Both are pretty easy.

When it comes to the Roll Axis, I can balance it so that the camera stays still when I left it go (it doesn't roll left, or right)... BUT... all the tutorials say it's balanced when you put the camera on a 45 degree angle. I do this to the left, and the camera falls back to the right (so it seems right heavy)... BUT... when I angle it to the right, it falls back to the left (so it seems left heavy). But that makes no sense.

I'm guessing the issue is with the Pan axis, but the tutotials are quite sparse in balancing this axis. It says tilt the ronin to the left or right, then move the camera forward or back. BUT... forward and backwards doesn't seem to be the right balancing plane of motion for a left or right tilt. When I pick up the ronin and tilt it to the left, the camera spins in a circle to the left. I'm not sure what adjustment that means on the pan axis.

I've been trying to balance this thing for hours. Watched every tutorial I can find. Scanned the forums. Nothing has helped so far.

When I turn the Ronin on, it appears to work OK, but I get clicks where it seems to hit a movement it doesn't like and it snaps back. I'm guessing this is because it's not balanced correctly.

Any help would ge gratefully received.
2018-8-2
Use props
babysmile
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1479596 ft

Can you show picture of your setup if possible ?
2018-8-2
Use props
Phil Parkinson
New
United Arab Emirates

babysmile Posted at 2018-8-2 23:12
Can you show picture of your setup if possible ?

I switched to a smaller lens, but still getting the same issue.

Where am I going wrong?

2018-8-3
Use props
babysmile
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1479596 ft

How about the setup on the end bottom section ? all are a bit connected with each other.
2018-8-3
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

I believe that this thread will give you some answers:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=157078

2018-8-5
Use props
Advanced