Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Will not turn on 1 motor goes "Tic Tic"
1059 12 2015-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Flying P2V+.  I had a serious crash last weekend.  I broke the shell and on of the ESC was snaped.  I replaced the shell and the ESC.  When I try to power up no lights comer on and the left rear motor makes a tioc tic sound then the pattery turns off.  I never get the LED's to come on.  I looked ever where for an error code or a guide to this and so far no luck.  

Any thoughts???

2015-5-24
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Check the main board inside of the quad.    Remove the battery.    Looking into the battery compartment,look for stress cracks in the Main Board under TheFlight Controller.     Don't shoot the messenger.   After one of my crashes I had the same problem.     Hope that it is not the problem.     Just offering up advice based on experience.       Good luck man.
2015-5-24
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

That's what mine was doing when the ESC went out.  Tried to power on, then tic tic. Finally got it powered on then CSC to start motors, all but one motor ran then a poof of smoke from one of the arms. You may want to look at the FETs on the ESCs to see if you may have another bad ESC as well as what Michael is talking about.
2015-5-24
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
United States

Michael Starley Posted at 2015-5-25 03:55
Check the main board inside of the quad.    Remove the battery.    Looking into the battery compartm ...

Thanks I will and update you
2015-5-25
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-5-25 08:00
That's what mine was doing when the ESC went out.  Tried to power on, then tic tic. Finally got it p ...

What is FET?  Thanks you in advance
2015-5-25
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
United States

acenothing Look on your ESC very close to the three soldered wires coming from the motor to the ESC.
There will be a bank of very small computer chips lined up in a row.   Those are the mosfets. They monitor the current flowing into the motors.     They can burn up due to a number of causes.    You are looking for excessive heat damage.   Misshapen or discolored Mosfets.
Healthy ones are perfect square black and shiny.
2015-5-25
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
United States

Michael Starley Posted at 2015-5-26 05:36
acenothing Look on your ESC very close to the three soldered wires coming from the motor to the ESC. ...

ok thanks.
2015-5-26
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
United States

Michael Starley Posted at 2015-5-26 05:36
acenothing Look on your ESC very close to the three soldered wires coming from the motor to the ESC. ...

Back ESC.  I replace all 4 ESC and everything started up fine.  Thanks
2015-5-27
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

acenothing Posted at 2015-5-28 01:43
Back ESC.  I replace all 4 ESC and everything started up fine.  Thanks

I'm fixing to do mine this afternoon....hopefully this money pit will be good for a while.
2015-5-27
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
United States

After reading all of this I cracked open my shell and gave her a solid once over.   Very pleased...found no issues.

Would like to hot glue the the soldered  connections at the ESC.  Which glue could be recommended for the job?
Thanx
2015-5-27
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Michael Starley Posted at 2015-5-28 06:03
After reading all of this I cracked open my shell and gave her a solid once over.   Very pleased...f ...

Not sure glue would help. I'm back in the air!  
Maybe by securing the wires close to the solder joint to keep the vibration down. Nothing will keep the ESC from going out though.
2015-5-27
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
United States

Good to hear the birds aloft.   I did check the solderpoints for vibration issues....all good.
Cool man thanx for the  tip.  I will fashion a way to hold the wires secure.Thanx again.   Keep those vids coming Raybro.
2015-5-27
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Michael Starley Posted at 2015-5-28 09:33
Good to hear the birds aloft.   I did check the solderpoints for vibration issues....all good.
Cool  ...
I don't know why they didn't just put a 3 pin header on the ESC, connectors on the motor as well as the main board. I guess that kept them from making CW and CCW ESC's.

Going to East Texas this weekend for a small family gathering located in the Big Thicket Preserve. Hoping to get some good video.....also hoping my solder joints are good..
2015-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules