swapping to MP
958 9 2018-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

SO I snagged a deal on a Mavic Pro last night.  3 batterys, charging hub, and both the AC and DC charger.

Little history, I had a Phantom FC 40 back in the day, short range, and no FPV, then a P3S, loved it knew it was not the best but did what I needed taking pics of boats and things on the water, and then it had a prop failer on the 4th....

Picked up a spark.  loving it, small, easy to transport, does awesome.   BUT active track or sport mode to keep up with a boat, and video sideways..

SO now I have a Mavic Pro, going to play with it before picking which to keep.  I am pretty familiar with all the sofeware, and settings I think.

But if anyone has some Mavic pro specific tips, they are welcome.
2018-8-3
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

I think you will enjoy the Mavic Pro especially for the flight time per battery and the range it has.  I haven't flown a spark but the Mavic  Pro is definately a great drone.. Have fun
2018-8-3
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

I liked my P3 flight time... compared to the spark, but the spark is a lot of fun even just flying it around the yard not taking pics... but that wears off with the new.... so think for the same money the mavic with 3 battiers is would to be good.
2018-8-3
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>

I got the P3S and MP, and enjoy them both!!
2018-8-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I had the spark and own the Pro now, trust me you want to keep the Pro, it is a better drone in all ways. The spark is more of a selfie drone
2018-8-3
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

I started with a secondhand Spark and based on that experience wanted something that gave me range and flight time - so invested in a Mavic Pro Platinum. Since then very rarely fly with the Spark as the MPP is not that much more to setup and fly with, and is a solid platform for camera work at 4K. As with anything technical - invest the time in getting familiar with all the details and optimum settings and you will reap the benefits!  
2018-8-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Congratulations and I wish you always happy landings!
2018-8-3
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had my Spark and Mavic Pro for approx. 6 months and I love them both equally. I respect the Mavic Pro given it has OcuSync and 4K 3-axis gimbal, but the Spark can do it - I've reached 10,000 feet in my Spark range test where my Mavic Pro reached 14,000 feet in the same test before I had to turn around because of poor image quality whereas the Spark disconnected totally. The Spark is great but the Mavic Pro is legendary.
2018-8-3
Use props
Yflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2030272 ft

Go to Youtube and there are a lot of video tips that you can watch. That's how I learned how to setup and fly my MP.
2018-8-3
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

you can get a lot of good info on Youtube
2018-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules